It's official - English Premier League back on True

webfact

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been down to my local True Visions office to sign up, B299 for the Happy Family HD package + B299 for the PL = B598/month which I'm happy with. For another B99/month I can get the PVR service to record the late games. B1,000 deposit, equipment & installation free, coming round on Monday to install.

Sounds too good to be true (pun intended) so I'll update if anything changes.

B99 and no more getting up at stupid o'clock to watch City games then 3 hrs sleep before work...I'll have a bit of that.

For one or two year you'll have the Premier League, then only the Second League.

Why? EU soccer stars will have no work permit.

Well maybe the Government will change the work permit regulations for footballers. Possible if needed...they ain't going to devalue the Premier, the revenue it generates and the free publicity it brings the UK.

BEIN sports are a Qatari company that own the rights to broadcast the premier league in this area along with other sports channels.

Not quite correct. They have the rights only for Africa and the Middle East, and have have sub-let the rights to True for Thailand.

At the risk of being pedantic, I don't think they can sub-let something they don't already own.

BEIN sports are a Qatari company that own the rights to broadcast the premier league in this area along with other sports channels.

Not quite correct. They have the rights only for Africa and the Middle East, and have have sub-let the rights to True for Thailand.

At the risk of being pedantic, I don't think they can sub-let something they don't already own.

BeIN have BOUGHT the rights so I imagine they and can sell them on to whoever hasn't done a deal with the PFL. Helps them get back some of what they've spent.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

I watched last season on ballnaja.com. They had a 5 minute delay from CTH channel streaming in a small area of the screen that you had to zoom in to, to watch the game. Seems to me True has the best deal from what I've read on the previous posts. More investigation is needed though. I miss football in HD. It's worth 500 baht a month to watch it again. Pls update all the options for watching the footy!

Pretty cheap down at the local pub. I might manage to watch a game or two but it's a lot like yachting .

A lot going on but not much happening. And oh those wages for guys who to pretend to be injured for 90 mins where in rugby they play 80 mins pretending not to be..

Enjoy your season guys but it's Man U this season?

No chance it's turmoil for both of them manc teams this season. Zlatan and rooney will not get along. Leicester will thrive but not emulate, Everton will surprise and Liverpool and Tottenham will be in contention. arsenal will crumble and wet ham will consolidate on great progress.

Mane - golden boot

Sturridge - a close second

The man utd debacle to come will hopefully see rooney go to china this year. Jan 2017. Expect fireworks from EPL this year will be more Interesting than the last 5 combined.

Edited by Rc2702

Pretty cheap down at the local pub. I might manage to watch a game or two but it's a lot like yachting .

A lot going on but not much happening. And oh those wages for guys who to pretend to be injured for 90 mins where in rugby they play 80 mins pretending not to be..

No chance it's turmoil for both of them manc teams this season. Zlatan and rooney will not get along. Leicester will thrive but not emulate, Everton will surprise and Liverpool and Tottenham will be in contention. arsenal will crumble and wet ham will consolidate on great progress.

Mane - golden boot

The man utd debacle to come will hopefully see rooney go to china this year. Jan 2017. Expect fireworks from EPL this year will be more Interesting than the last 5 combined.

What's this week's lottery numbers oh great one?

Mane - golden boot

Ok I'll play. Euro, uk, thai legal or thai illegal but kinda tolerated? My guess is your a greedy manc who would wai with your mouth open to a glaswegian in a second if it got him back. Power to your past I'm glad he's gone you will NEVER get better. Aim high do as wenger does sometimes go for 4th but NEVER will you be better than 2nd for another 30 years. God bless.

Mane - golden boot

Ok I'll play. Euro, uk, thai legal or thai illegal but kinda tolerated? My guess is your a greedy manc who would wai with your mouth open to a glaswegian in a second if it got him back. Power to your past I'm glad he's gone you will NEVER get better. Aim high do as wenger does sometimes go for 4th but NEVER will you be better than 2nd for another 30 years. God bless.

Ooh touchy eh! And your powers of prophesy clearly ain't that powerful if you see me as a rag. God bless.

Just been down to my local True Visions office to sign up, B299 for the Happy Family HD package + B299 for the PL = B598/month which I'm happy with. For another B99/month I can get the PVR service to record the late games. B1,000 deposit, equipment & installation free, coming round on Monday to install.

@happydays,

I'd be interested to know how you go on with the installation of the new PVR system (Personal Video Recorder).

The reason is because I just moved house and had True install TV and Internet.

My package (Gold) included the new PVR system, however as you will find out the PVR does not record, it is merely a Decoder unit with the facility to connect a Hard Drive or Flash Drive on which to store programs.

The Hard Drive is not included, that's an extra 3990 baht as I discovered.

So the PVR is wrongly described. I've now raised an official complaint with True.

The advertising does not make it clear that a Hard Drive is required in order to record.

I'd like to know if you encounter the same problem.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:02 PM, happydays said:

Will comentory be in English. Though they talk a load of rubbish, I like to listen to it. Will PL be in HD?

On 28/07/2016 at 9:24 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Those of us who want to watch football on the telly and not through the internet care.

You can with an Android IPTV box. Best is to get one from a supplier who knows his stuff and sells suitable boxes converted from the kludgy and slow Android OS, with all the resource hungry Android bloatware, to an efficient and fast Linux KODI system like EmbER, then KODI on these boxes really flies.  All of course as long as you have a reasonable internet connection then yes you can and do watch it on your main big TV.

Me and my missus are both on True for our 4G. We also have true wifi at home. They came and installed router and tv box for free. We have basic free cable tv, and they said if we want PL football (7 sports channels) it would be 199 Baht a month. Usual price is 299 Baht but we are customers.

I only want PL football so I'll be paying 199 Baht a month only. Bargain - if the sales lady is indeed correct. 

Further to rkidlad above,  if you want the Barclays Premier League, LaLiga, BundesLiga, Series A, Champions & UEFA League etc for only 199 baht/month read on.

I have just taken out a 1 year contract with True for the footy package (7 channels). They have given me a new set top box and a new SIM card for my telephone. I have just paid 390 baht for the SIM card and all I have to pay is 199 baht/month (+ tax). That's it, all I have to do is to top up my SIM card with more than 220 baht/month (199 + tax) before the 8th of each month for one year. In return I will receive all the footy I can watch (4 x BeIN + 3 True channels).  This includes:  True - BeIN 1, 2, 3, & 4 (676, 677, 678, & 679) all in 1086 HD, plus 2 further HD channels HD 2 (667) and HD 3 (668). Also included are 3 standard definition channels TS 2 (682), TS 6 (685) and TS7 (686). All these are dual language. In addition, I am also receiving 127 free to air channels with this set up, including PPTV (channel 36).  So, if you are not looking for all the other channels in the Gold and Platinum packages (at a significantly higher cost) this is the way to go.

I already had a spare satellite dish so there are no other installation costs.

I went with the 299 baht per month option on top of my 799 baht 30/3 fiber wi-fi internet with TrueVisions package.

I make very few phone calls on my mobile so topping up 220 baht a month would work out more expensive.

Just checked and I have the 4 BeIn channels.

Broadcasting in 1080i, decent picture.

Currently showing MLS, Serie A and French Ligue replays, audio is English.

Looking like a very good deal.

I do not understand True's logic but then again I am not sure that I should.  If you already have a package, and a set top box, the footy is available for an extra 299 baht/month.  If you don't have a set top box they will give you one for free and only charge you 199 baht/month.  Don't get me wrong - I am not complaining.

7 hours ago, Nomad97 said:

I do not understand True's logic but then again I am not sure that I should.  If you already have a package, and a set top box, the footy is available for an extra 299 baht/month.  If you don't have a set top box they will give you one for free and only charge you 199 baht/month.  Don't get me wrong - I am not complaining.

That's not quite correct.

It's only 299 baht per month if you don't have a True Move account or cannot provide a Thai ID card, otherwise it's 199 baht.

Thai ID cards for foreigners not accepted.

So effectively if your a single foreigner without a True move account then you'll pay more than a Thai.

Then again how many Thais would want to pay to watch Premier League matches.

I have a package with True for Internet and Visions, no True Move, so was quoted 299 baht.

However I gave my g/f True Move telephone number and it was reduced to 199 baht.

Free until the end of August.