6 months internship in Thailand, need 90-days reporting ?

hi there

daugther of my friend coming for a 6-months internship in a Thai company in Bangkok. she has a work permit for these 6 months. my 2 questions :

1) does she need to report her 90-days in Thailand ?

2) if she make a trip to Singapore, does she need a re-entry permit ?

thanks and cheers

2) if she make a trip to Singapore, does she need a re-entry permit ?

Depends on the type of visa she has or the permission/extension of stay she obtains. The work permit is irrelevant.

If she has a unexpired multi-entry visa, she would not need a re-entry permit. If she arrives on a single entry visa and only has a permission to stay or extension of stay, she would need a re-entry permit.

The OP's question doesn't make sense to me.

If you are coming here for a job, then you will should most likely enter the kingdom with a non-imm 'B' visa in your passport sponsored by the company that intends to employ you.

Application for the work permit will then proceed after your arrival in the Kingdom, with your daily work/intern activities initial permitted via a WP5 form receipt for 'WP application in progress' issued by your local Thai labor office.

At around 3 months the WP will be hatched by the labor office - normally (and irritatingly) at the same time as you need to do a border run.facepalm.gif

I know of no one who has ever entered Thailand for the first time with a work permit in their hand prior to arrival crazy.gif

thanks for all the input !! I have questions reading above replies !

now it comes to my attention that what travel formality she has with her !! I am not sure that she or her parents aware of this complexity, including the possibility of a visa run after a short stay. I will check with her parents in more details.

concern the work permit, yeah she won't get her WP on arrival; at least couple of months after she arrives, that comes to the next complexity.

this is not the first case for an EU passport holder coming to Thailand for a 6-months internship. anyone could share similar experience ?

now it comes to my attention that what travel formality she has with her !! I am not sure that she or her parents aware of this complexity, including the possibility of a visa run after a short stay. I will check with her parents in more details.

concern the work permit, yeah she won't get her WP on arrival; at least couple of months after she arrives, that comes to the next complexity.

this is not the first case for an EU passport holder coming to Thailand for a 6-months internship. anyone could share similar experience ?

Most internships if done properly don't require a work permit.

With paperwork from the university and/or the sponsoring company she can get an non-ed visa. It would be best if she applied for multiple entry non-ed visa that would allow unlimited 90 day entries since you will not qualify for an extension at immigration. If she only gets a single entry visa she would have to leave after 90 days to get another visa.

With paperwork from the university and/or the sponsoring company she can get an non-ed visa. It would be best if she applied for multiple entry non-ed visa that would allow unlimited 90 day entries since you will not qualify for an extension at immigration. If she only gets a single entry visa she would have to leave after 90 days to get another visa.

thanks for the good info. what did you mean 'since she will not qualify for an extension at immigration' ? non-ed visa is not extendable ? if visa-run is need, just prepare for it.

last night I already asked her parents checking her travel formality, she is arriving in 2 weeks.

thanks for the good info. what did you mean 'since she will not qualify for an extension at immigration' ? non-ed visa is not extendable ? if visa-run is need, just prepare for it.

last night I already asked her parents checking her travel formality, she is arriving in 2 weeks.

There is no clause in the police order for extensions based upon an internship. There are only extensions for attending a school.