Angela Merkel stands by refugee policy after attacks in Germany

webfact

Angela Merkel stands by refugee policy after attacks in Germany

606x341_339898.jpg

BERLIN: -- The German Chancellor interrupted her summer holidays to defend her open-door refugee policy following recent attacks in Germany.

At a press conference Angela Merkel expressed her sorrow about the recent killings in Germany and elsewhere, but stood by her policy on accepting asylum seekers saying:

“The terrorists want to make us lose sight of what is important to us, break down our cohesion and sense of community as well as inhibiting our way of life, our openness and our willingness take in people who are in need.”

Although she admitted that integration posed a challenge she repeated her mantra ‘Wir schaffen das’, ‘We can do this’.

Germany has been rocked by a shooting spree, an axe attack, a knife attack and a suicide bombing which has left 13 dead and many wounded. Two attackers were asylum seekers with links to Islamist militants.

Critics have attacked Merkel’s decision to allow refugees to enter the country, saying there were insufficient checks. Nearly 1.1 million people, mainly from Syria, came to Germany in 2015.

She announced that there must be an early alert system during the asylum process, adding the government must take the ‘challenge of integration very seriously’.

On terror
The Bavarian interior minister Joachim Herrmann told reporters that “Islamist terrorism has unfortunately arrived in Bavaria.”

To meet the challenge of terror she announced new measures. These included training the army to participate in the case of serious terror threats, (within what is constitutionally allowed), widening the scope of research into how people become radicalised, introducing an early alert system in the asylum process as well as extended information sharing and tackling online arms dealing.

On Turkey
When questioned by a reporter on the failed coup in Turkey and the ensuing crackdown on the military, judiciary, civil service and media, Merkel said Turkey should show proportionality in pursuit of the suspected coup plotters.

“Of course, when a putsch attempt like this takes place in a country it is important to take action against the rebels with all the means and potential of the constitutional state,” she told the news conference.

But she added that she is following the situation closely adding that ‘the principle of proportionality must be ensured by all.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-29

Critics have attacked Merkel’s decision to allow refugees to enter the country, saying there were insufficient checks. Nearly 1.1 million people, mainly from Syria, came to Germany in 2015.

There were almost NO checks and all people with fake passports could come in, then disappear.

"Wir schaffen das", my arsse. facepalm.gif I was born in Wuerzburg, where the train attack took place. Ansbach is only 50 km away.

The "wir" ( we) can't be true. There's and never was we. Only you. blink.png

I was born in Wuerzburg, Ansbach is only 50 km away. Merkel, please ask the people there what they think.

Most- ALL Germans want to see you leaving. me included.But the European "Titanic" has already hit a huge iceberg, Captain....

Edited by lostinisaan

Alas, there are none so blind as those who won't see.

As for all the 'We can do this' crap, 'we' can do this? How much risk does she face compared to the average German who is forced to budge up as she crams more and more people who hate them into their towns and cities? It isn't even like the flood of arrivals has stopped.

And there's another thing: What about the collateral damage to other countries en route to Germany who are affected? They didn't issue a 'Come one, come all' invitation, so why should they be forced to stump up for Merkel's policies?

In my opinion this has proved to be an unmitigated disaster for Germany and Europe. I can only hope the German electorate sling this woman out at the first available opportunity, like a dog in the night.

Edited by baboon

One million refugees in Germany from the beginning. And not one unemployed more because its quality products are sought worldwide.

This country has a huge deficit of youth and arms, while it imports.

Recent incidents are vicissitudes compared reaped huge profits. Unlike some of its neighbors, Merkel will never commit the mistake of sacrificing prosperity for a sovereignism, lightly tinted of xenophobia...

Of course she's unperturbed because, as with other elite/privileged politicians of her ilk all around the world, it does not personally affect her in any way, shape or form. Put some of them up in your mansion, Merkel, or at least in your back garden. Be one of the people!

As already stated: She is not stupid. She is simply doing her (real) job: replacing weepy Christianity, struggling with European era of enlightenment, by hardcore, zero-tolerance Islam.

And she is envious of dictator Erdogan, who now can establish his own IS and doesn't need to care for all those stupid voters any more.

I read an article in the Bangkok Post yesterday, written by some american left wing clown, who said that the more of these refugees come into Germany the safer it will get !! It would appear that there are educated people out there who have absolutely zero grip on reality. How do they get a job ?

I read an article in the Bangkok Post yesterday, written by some american left wing clown, who said that the more of these refugees come into Germany the safer it will get !! It would appear that there are educated people out there who have absolutely zero grip on reality. How do they get a job ?

Hah!

I read a leftie claim in today's paper that the reason for the attack was that the killers were rightfully upset that they had not received a sufficient welcome from the German population.

For a political leader like Merkel to not re-evaluate an earlier position after such glowing failures become evident shows someone not fit to lead. Anyone with a shred of common sense saw this train wreck coming from day one.

Just an elite politico wearing rose-tinted glasses, guarded by 24/7 security details, living in enclaves and totally shielded from the effects of that disastrous decision, what else would she say? "Little people. You must endure."

If Germany had spent all that money and effort in Syria and the refugee camps in the neighboring countries, they would have helped 100 million people instead of 1 million. But if you sincerely believe in multiculturalism, i suppose this is an opportunity like no other to change your country for all future. By the way, does Angela have any children that will meet this future Germany?

The policy on refugees was and is a noble one, but the unfettered access by hundreds of thousands of people who are most likely not genuine refugees is a huge, significant and dangerous problem.

The way in which this situation has been handled makes for very, very bad press for the genuine refugees who are in need of international protection.

If Germany had spent all that money and effort in Syria and the refugee camps in the neighboring countries, they would have helped 100 million people instead of 1 million. But if you sincerely believe in multiculturalism, i suppose this is an opportunity like no other to change your country for all future. By the way, does Angela have any children that will meet this future Germany?

Good comment in fact since yes she does not have any children! After me the Flood...

Even some of real war refugees from Syria saying, that Merkel is not quite right in the head.
She lets unchecked, just this crazy muslims into germany, from them the real war refugees originally
ran away.

Merkel shifted, in her stupidity, now the war from Syria to Europe.
The Merkel-friendly press suppress quite systematically any news about the problems in the asylum accommodations.

Edited by tomacht8

How unrealistic Merkel is, shows a statement of her party colleague:
CDU interior expert in the Bundestag, Armin Schuster, complained a lack of enforcement in the deportations.
More then 200 000 failed asylum seekers could be deported, but they still in the country.
"These problems we always drag with all new and additional problems”.
He also expressed doubts about whether the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees can really check carefully because overwork whether to discover
the real country of origin.
As a result, many unauthorized refugees would be recognized.

I envy Hungary. There will be held a referendum on such an important question like the immigration on 2 October.

A very important issue, that affects so many future generations.

Merkel has aimed her policy against its own native people.
This has nothing to do with democracy.
That's autocratic dictatorship of a few which brings terror and chaos for all.
About the cultural, security and financial consequences speaks nobody.

There were almost NO checks and all people with fake passports could come in, then disappear.

"Wir schaffen das", my arsse. facepalm.gif I was born in Wuerzburg, where the train attack took place. Ansbach is only 50 km away.

The "wir" ( we) can't be true. There's and never was we. Only you. blink.png

I was born in Wuerzburg, Ansbach is only 50 km away. Merkel, please ask the people there what they think.

Most- ALL Germans want to see you leaving. me included.But the European "Titanic" has already hit a huge iceberg, Captain....

i grew up near Würzburg (38km away) but that doesn't make me an expert on Merkel or German asylum policies.

that's why i am extremely grateful for every bit of information on Germany and German affairs presented by the resident lurned eggsburts.

wai2.gif

Hah!

I read a leftie claim in today's paper that the reason for the attack was that the killers were rightfully upset that they had not received a sufficient welcome from the German population.

For a political leader like Merkel to not re-evaluate an earlier position after such glowing failures become evident shows someone not fit to lead. Anyone with a shred of common sense saw this train wreck coming from day one.

Yes thousands of us saw this train wreck coming from day one!!!!

Alas, there are none so blind as those who won't see.

As for all the 'We can do this' crap, 'we' can do this? How much risk does she face compared to the average German who is forced to budge up as she crams more and more people who hate them into their towns and cities? It isn't even like the flood of arrivals has stopped.

And there's another thing: What about the collateral damage to other countries en route to Germany who are affected? They didn't issue a 'Come one, come all' invitation, so why should they be forced to stump up for Merkel's policies?

In my opinion this has proved to be an unmitigated disaster for Germany and Europe. I can only hope the German electorate sling this woman out at the first available opportunity, like a dog in the night.

Bare in mind that her first answer was to insist and demand that other EU member states accepted a quota which her puppet Juncker and his bureaucrats would fix.

She truly believes she in the name of Germany rules the EU and other states must do as told.

Given her DDR, Communist Youth Leader, and Stassi background, her devotion to a federal supper state with Germany at the helm, it's hardly surprising.