Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

On 10/16/2016 at 3:38 PM, Ronuk said:

The PE visa is for 5 years. Nothing less.

You are confusing "visa duration" with "permission to stay". Even a TE visa hold would have to pay thb 1,900 every year. Of course, that's small money compared to the 30K USD pay initially. By the way do you have a TE visa?

3 hours ago, Ronuk said:

..A 5 year visa. No need to pay 1900bht if your not in the country more than 12 months.

Paz is right....You need to pay 1900 baht per year

You are right you do not need to pay if you leave before 12 month cutoff

• Like 1

The visa is great but in the last 2 days i have tried to open a joint bank account with my wife and as yet have been unable to. I have been told by numerous banks and branches i need a work permit, a retirement visa or a student visa. It seems the privilege entry visa is not a suitable visa for a bank account in Thailand.

From reading around I believe that Thailand Elite has some sort of arrangement with BKK Bank. I already have an account with BKK Bank though (and i am not sure if i would be able to open a joint account?) so i was keen to establish a relationship with a new bank.

14 hours ago, mania said:

Paz is right....You need to pay 1900 baht per year

You are right you do not need to pay if you leave before 12 month cutoff

Thank you for clarifying the difference between having to pay a bit if you never left the country for 12 months or paying nothing if you happen to have left the country then came back.  

38 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Thank you for clarifying the difference between having to pay a bit if you never left the country for 12 months or paying nothing if you happen to have left the country then came back.  

If I did ever have to go in because I stayed more than a year I would probably bring a TE representative with me and pay the 2,000 Baht. I am pretty certain if you choose this option you will not wait in line at all. The TE rep won't want to sit around all day and to pay that amount to spend as little time as possible in the grim purgatory we all know as CW is priceless.

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

If I did ever have to go in because I stayed more than a year I would probably bring a TE representative with me and pay the 2,000 Baht. I am pretty certain if you choose this option you will not wait in line at all. The TE rep won't want to sit around all day and to pay that amount to spend as little time as possible in the grim purgatory we all know as CW is priceless.

According to the person I spoke to at TE they do not go with you to immigration or do it for you. If you want an extension of stay you queue up like everyone else.

The visa is great but in the last 2 days i have tried to open a joint bank account with my wife and as yet have been unable to. I have been told by numerous banks and branches i need a work permit, a retirement visa or a student visa. It seems the privilege entry visa is not a suitable visa for a bank account in Thailand.

From reading around I believe that Thailand Elite has some sort of arrangement with BKK Bank. I already have an account with BKK Bank though (and i am not sure if i would be able to open a joint account?) so i was keen to establish a relationship with a new bank.

Shop around different banks or other branches. Got a joint account, Bangkok Bank, before wife and I were married, while I was on one of my many 30-day Exempt visits.

9 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

They go with you initially and you can pay 2,000 Baht for a rep to go with you to any appointment including, setting up bank accounts, immigration, driving license office etc. Please do not comment if you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Let me clarify. Unless you pay extra they will not go with you to immigration. If you do pay them they do not provide a queue jumping service. Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary it's better to keep your assumptions to yourself. Some of you guys are so emotionally invested in this scheme it's laughable.

• Like 1

I have an account in my own name with Kasikorn bank and Bangkok bank. Maybe try Kasikorn instead.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

8 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

He can open an account easily. It has been explained and he will actually not wait in line to do it if he makes an appointment through TE.

As long as it's Bangkok Bank. I guess you didn't read his post !

On 10/24/2016 at 5:30 PM, MartinBKK said:

I already have an account with BKK Bank though (and i am not sure if i would be able to open a joint account?) so i was keen to establish a relationship with a new bank.

I have a question for those who have PE visa and have stayed in Thailand for >1 year without leaving the country.  When you went for your 1 year extension of stay based on PE status, were you asked for anything beyond the 1900 baht for 'express processing'?  Or did they just give you the extension for the regular price without any additional hassles or paperwork?

On 10/25/2016 at 0:30 AM, anotheruser said:

They go with you initially and you can pay 2,000 Baht for a rep to go with you to any appointment including, setting up bank accounts, immigration, driving license office etc. Please do not comment if you have no idea what you are talking about. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 12.33.39 AM.png

The liaison that you can use to accompany you, are any # of these liaisons included with the 500k price per year/per membership, or you pay 2k extra each time you use liaison?   Is that for the day (e.g. open up 3 accts at 3 different nearby banks on the same day, or open bank acct, then stop by immigration, etc), or are you paying 2k for each stop?

4 hours ago, Sojuncoke said:

If they let you pay annually 30,000 baht or had 1 year plans I would be all up on it. 

If they had one year plans, I would expect the cost to be more  then when paying for 5 or 20 years in advance. Your 30,000 baht idea is wishful thinking.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 0:05 AM, Sojuncoke said:

If they let you pay annually 30,000 baht or had 1 year plans I would be all up on it. 

Just go hire a Visa agent for no more than 10,000 baht if married or 8000 if single retirement type visa

If you qualify for either of those its a done deal with 90's also done for you.

• Like 1

Is the passport stamp as big as shown in post #305, and they stamp this every time you enter the country?  My passport fills up already quite quickly and I always need to get a new passport prematurely because it gets full.  If I enter Thailand every month will I get 12 of those big stamps per year?

Regarding banking issues, I currently have an account at Bangkok Bank as a regular tourist.  However I was told I could not have online banking.  Several types of transactions require me to be at the home office in BKK in person; if I am out of the country, or if I am in Thailand but not BKK, then I am out of luck.  Will TE remove some of these bank account restrictions?

57 minutes ago, Escape4 said:

Is the passport stamp as big as shown in post #305, and they stamp this every time you enter the country?  My passport fills up already quite quickly and I always need to get a new passport prematurely because it gets full.  If I enter Thailand every month will I get 12 of those big stamps per year?

Regarding banking issues, I currently have an account at Bangkok Bank as a regular tourist.  However I was told I could not have online banking.  Several types of transactions require me to be at the home office in BKK in person; if I am out of the country, or if I am in Thailand but not BKK, then I am out of luck.  Will TE remove some of these bank account restrictions?

You will get a PE visa that is valid for unlimited one entries for five years that is full page sticker. Then you only get the standard small entry stamp every time you enter the country.

Thai Elite can assist with any banking issues if you contact them about it. They can issue a letter addressed to the branch you are dealing with. Info is here . http://www.thailandelite.com/privilege_list.php?t=9&name=Banking

1 hour ago, Escape4 said:

Regarding banking issues, I currently have an account at Bangkok Bank as a regular tourist.  However I was told I could not have online banking […]

That is not true, see this page for how to apply when your visa status is “tourist”: http://www.bangkokbank.com/OnlineBanking/PersonalBanking/iBanking/BualuangiBanking/HowtoApply/Pages/Default.aspx

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Can anyone give me a recent timescale for the application process please? I'm about to apply but everyone keeps telling me to wait until after first December, which only leaves me 2 weeks until current visa expires

Not sure who is telling you to wait until after December 1st or why.

What kind of entry to the country do you have now (from a tourist or non immigrant visa or extension of stay)?

It should not take more than a week to have your application approved.

52 minutes ago, Mover1 said:

Can anyone give me a recent timescale for the application process please? I'm about to apply but everyone keeps telling me to wait until after first December, which only leaves me 2 weeks until current visa expires

Who is "everyone"?