Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure who is telling you to wait until after December 1st or why.

What kind of entry to the country do you have now (from a tourist or non immigrant visa or extension of stay)?

It should not take more than a week to have your application approved.

Hi ubonjoe, i'm on a 30 ext from a METV until mid December so need to sort something out. A week for the application would be fine.

As i understand things, the new king takes over on 1st December so was going to see if it will affect anything to do with the Elite Visa, but am probably worrying over nothing. Thanks for the info 

I will be 50 within the next year or so.  With the new 10 year Visa for anyone over the age of 50 there is no need for the Elite Card, correct?

Anyone have any insight what ballpark range this new Visa may cost?

I believe the criteria is over 50, have Health Insurance and have 3M baht in your account for 1 year.

Edited by AlexCanada

4 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

I will be 50 within the next year or so.  With the new 10 year Visa for anyone over the age of 50 there is no need for the Elite Card, correct?

Anyone have any insight what ballpark range this new Visa may cost?

I believe the criteria is over 50, have Health Insurance and have 3M baht in your account for 1 year.

There is not enough info about the new visa approved yesterday to answer any questions about it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MillionairePlayboy said:

How do I apply for a refund?

I bought my 20 year elite visa earlier this year.

First I see there's a 50% discount, now there will be 10 year visas available for only 10,000 baht. I feel I got into this a bit late.

Simple! Contact TE and ask for a refund. 

PS: Please, let us know what their reply was. Thank you! 

:licklips:

Edited by DUS

3 hours ago, MillionairePlayboy said:

First I see there's a 50% discount, now there will be 10 year visas available for only 10,000 baht. I feel I got into this a bit late.

Is your Thailand Elite package transferable? If so, you can effectively get a partial refund by selling it.

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Is your Thailand Elite package transferable? If so, you can effectively get a partial refund by selling it.

He is a millionaire playboy so I am sure he will be okay in any event. I am sure his sock puppet would buy it. To be serious though, yes some are transferable. Again it baffles me why anybody with money invested or a serious interest would not just contact TE directly. 

Every piece of information needed to make an informed choice has been verified in this thread about a dozen times. The benefits and perks have been described in detail and that which isn't 'known' would be better addressed by TE themselves. 

With all due respect why would you trust TV more than getting your info straight from the horses mouth so to speak? 

8 hours ago, anotheruser said:

With all due respect why would you trust TV more than getting your info straight from the horses mouth so to speak? 

Getting a refund for a million baht purchase might not be the easiest thing in the world, and I would not be surprised that TE are reluctant to issue such a refund.

Hence the poster is obviously interested in hearing if other people have managed to get a refund, and if so, what strategy was used. Could be you have to ask the right person in the right way, or make use of some special clause, or you have to make some sort of deal where you get a 80% refund, etc.

To the OP: If your package is transferable, PM me, as I may know someone who will want it (if you are willing to take a loss).

Not sure what you are referring to, but the programs are different that you are referring to I think.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

24 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

Not sure what you are referring to, but the programs are different that you are referring to I think.

It used to be that a 20 year membership was 2 million baht.

Now a 20 year membership is available for 1 million and the only thing you forego is airport pickup, 24 complimentary golf/spa treatments per year, and an annual health check. For most, not really a deciding factor when joining, so effectively a 50% discount.

It used to be that the only way to get 5+ year visa was to join Thai Elite with a starting price of 500,000 baht (for 5 years).

Now there is a new visa announced that is for 10 years and cost 10,000 baht (though available only for people who are at least 50 years old).

So that is what the OP is referring to, and if they are 50+ years old and bought the 20 year membership for 2 million, I can understand why they would feel buyer's remorse.

• Like 1

It used to be that a 20 year membership was 2 million baht.

Now a 20 year membership is available for 1 million and the only thing you forego is airport pickup, 24 complimentary golf/spa treatments per year, and an annual health check. For most, not really a deciding factor when joining, so effectively a 50% discount.

It used to be that the only way to get 5+ year visa was to join Thai Elite with a starting price of 500,000 baht (for 5 years).

Now there is a new visa announced that is for 10 years and cost 10,000 baht (though available only for people who are at least 50 years old).

So that is what the OP is referring to, and if they are 50+ years old and bought the 20 year membership for 2 million, I can understand why they would feel buyer's remorse.

Ok got it. But the 20 yr for 2m is really the full option one. The one for 10k is not part of Thailand Elite I think, looks rather similar to existing retirement visa IMHO.

1 hour ago, Robert24 said:

Ok got it. But the 20 yr for 2m is really the full option one. The one for 10k is not part of Thailand Elite I think, looks rather similar to existing retirement visa IMHO.

Right, the 10k option has nothing to do with Thai Elite, and yes, it seems like a retirement visa with more requirements but a duration of ten years (instead of one).

Actually makes me wonder if Thai Elite are lobbying against better visa options, because something like the METV seems artificially crippled (in that the visa lasts for 6 months but the entry stamp only grants you 60 days), likewise for the 10k option, if I have good health insurance and 3 million effectively in escrow, why do they care if I am 45 or 50 years old?

Right, the 10k option has nothing to do with Thai Elite, and yes, it seems like a retirement visa with more requirements but a duration of ten years (instead of one).

Actually makes me wonder if Thai Elite are lobbying against better visa options, because something like the METV seems artificially crippled (in that the visa lasts for 6 months but the entry stamp only grants you 60 days), likewise for the 10k option, if I have good health insurance and 3 million effectively in escrow, why do they care if I am 45 or 50 years old?

My guess is that lowering the retirement visa age requirement would have an impact on their TE visa sales. So from that perspective, it wouldn't be a smart move.

3 hours ago, mrloy99 said:

Hi All

I am looking into this Elite scheme and I was wondering what the 20% of the prevailing rate for transfer is about.

It is to transfer the membership to another person. Only the 20 year membership that costs 2 million baht allows it.

• Like 1

So if I am reading this correctly, they now have a 20 year visa for 1 million baht? The visa is for 5 years at a time then you renew it for a total of 20 years in country.

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file40.pdf

Is it 1 million baht every 5 years or just a one time payment of 1 million and then you can stay for 20 years?

2 minutes ago, hansomman said:

So if I am reading this correctly, they now have a 20 year visa for 1 million baht? The visa is for 5 years at a time then you renew it for a total of 20 years in country.

http://www.thailandelite.com/downloadable_form_file/downloadable_form_file40.pdf

Is it 1 million baht every 5 years or just a one time payment of 1 million and then you can stay for 20 years?

You pay one million baht for the 20 year membership. The cost of the visas is included in the 1 million baht.

8 hours ago, hansomman said:

It's 20 years membership to the scheme. They will issue a new visa every 5 years as long as the scheme is still running. Each time you enter the country you receive permission to stay for 1 year. At the end of the year you have to exit/re-enter, or get an extension of stay from immigration.

I do have a question about this, pardon me if it's been asked before..

assuming you were get out and in the country just before the 5 years expired (say 2 months before), would they give you 1 year entry or just 2 months? (kind of like what you can do with METV)

10 minutes ago, kekalot said:

I do have a question about this, pardon me if it's been asked before..

assuming you were get out and in the country just before the 5 years expired (say 2 months before), would they give you 1 year entry or just 2 months? (kind of like what you can do with METV)

I see no reason you would not get a one year entry. It works like any multiple entry visa. If you only have a 5 year membership it would end at the end of 5 years which would mean any benefits from it would end also.