Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

1 hour ago, DUS said:

Again, this is the beauty of CHOICE! You prefer to spend every 3 months at a Thai consulate in SEA, others prefer not to. So that´s probably what some people call a "win - win situation". And both are happy! Well, both should be happy but it seems that those who don´t have (don´t want, cannot afford) TE cannot help but feeling miserable that others are happy to pay for the convenience TE offers to them.

I think the complaints about TE might be misunderstood and/or miscommunicated.

Some feel they are caught between a rock and a hard place, possibly not the poster you responded to, but I certainly do feel like this, because I don’t want to stay in Thailand full time, it’s actually rare that I stay here longer than 90 days, but it does happen, and when it does, I really wish I had the option to pay my way out of a border run, I would be fine paying 20-30,000 baht for this convenience.

What can feel a little frustrating is that clearly the Thai government is OK with allowing us to pay for the privilege of staying more than 90 days, but only if we effectively prepay for 20 extensions that has to be used within 5 years (extension = avoided border run).

Over the next 5 years, I expect to do 2-4 border runs, so effectively the price for me becomes 125-250,000 baht per “extension” (avoided border run).

You can probably see why this is not appealing to me, yet I am nonetheless seriously considering the TE membership, as I can easily afford it, and I would value the convenience, but it is a bitter pill to swallow, and this bitterness is probably what sometimes seems to be bitterness directed toward TE, when it is probably more a case of frustration with the Thai government’s lack of option for singles under 50 who want to occasionally stay here more than 90 days.

For married people, there is an option. For people over 50, there is an option. For people who want to stay here full time, there is an option (I do think TE is a reasonable option for these people). But I do not belong to any of these groups. What makes this worse is that technically I should be able to get an investment extension, but the Thai consulate has basically showed an unwillingness to cooperate with me in  obtaining this.

• Like 2

This is a screenshot from the latest newsletter. It is sort of amusing. For all of you young lovers out there an Elite card makes a good Valentine's gift evidently. The newsletter before this one informed me that Thai immigration refused their request to allow guests to use the fast track service except for immediate family. They said that for whatever reason this would apply to use of the golf cart as well. Not sure why immigration would have any bearing on using the golf cart. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 3.19.20 PM.png

Must be very hard to get a visa in Lao. I do it every 3 months and for me it s like going on holiday. Do you really want pay the immigration to go on holiday for you. Get serious guys, I prefer keep 500k bahts and go around to get my usual tourist visa and in same time I lose weight.

I've done a number of trips to Laos previously every 3 months and don't forget the extension for 1 month at immigration after 2 months. Honestly those tourist visas aren't a good option if you want to stay longer. Also if you travel frequently out of Thailand as I do, they are not a great option neither. So it depends on your personal situation but for me the TE visa is a great option.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, anotheruser said:

This is a screenshot from the latest newsletter. It is sort of amusing. For all of you young lovers out there an Elite card makes a good Valentine's gift evidently. The newsletter before this one informed me that Thai immigration refused their request to allow guests to use the fast track service except for immediate family. They said that for whatever reason this would apply to use of the golf cart as well. Not sure why immigration would have any bearing on using the golf cart. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 3.19.20 PM.png

So when i arrive at Suvarnabhumi with my TGF i will be getting on the golfcar and she will be walking to the immigration. This doesn't seem very Thai to me and i honestly will be amazed if this actually happens.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MartinBKK said:

So when i arrive at Suvarnabhumi with my TGF i will be getting on the golfcar and she will be walking to the immigration. This doesn't seem very Thai to me and i honestly will be amazed if this actually happens.

Not sure if GF is considered immediate family. I will dig up the newsletter but it just said immediate family. The way it was worded was that anybody not considered this can not use the fast lane or cart. I deleted the newsletter and can't find it in my trash can. 

I thought that was sort of weird. It is just like they make the excuse they don't have an agreement at DM with immigration so you also can't use the limo to go there. I understand that they do not seem to have any influence with immigration but they should be able to do those things they themselves can control. 

You would have to email them if GF qualifies. I am gay and therefore can not be married under Thai law. I am wondering if they would accept BF. I will get married in the USA in march I wonder what they will say if we are married. 

12 minutes ago, localczar said:

waste of time...better things to do.

Well with that attitude taking the time to explain it to you is a waste of time. All of the info is in this thread. If you are too lazy to do your homework so be it. 

Found the newsletter here is a screen shot of what they said. It says they are not able to provide ANY expedited service which in my opinion is a bit dishonest if immigration doesn't run the golf carts. So at this stage they will concentrate on me the member. That is a very gracious way to put it to say the least.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 5.42.39 PM.png

Edited by anotheruser

Just a quick note I recently travelled to Singapore with my Thai GF and she was treated very well by the Elite Staff including fast track immgration service...

Sent from my SM-N915G using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Is that in Singapore or Thailand?

I Live in Singapore & my Filipina has always been treated with the upmost respect when she visits me here but I sense times are changing

27 minutes ago, Sharp said:

Just a quick note I recently travelled to Singapore with my Thai GF and she was treated very well by the Elite Staff including fast track immgration service...

How recent was it? 

The new policy became effective 1 Feb 2017 so if you travelled before that date then .............

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2016 at 1:04 AM, elviajero said:

Let me clarify. Unless you pay extra they will not go with you to immigration. If you do pay them they do not provide a queue jumping service. Unless you can provide evidence to the contrary it's better to keep your assumptions to yourself. Some of you guys are so emotionally invested in this scheme it's laughable.

So we are VIP only if we pay more ?

Sounds really expensive for the sake of mostly convenience, really not much value in the scheme, especially with ongoing fees.

A bid to cash in on those with either loads of cash or not so smart.

It also is good for those with cash to hide or launder who otherwise might not be able to pass the income test.

Edited by Bikeman93
  • Like 1

Sounds really expensive for the sake of mostly convenience, really not much value in the scheme, especially with ongoing fees.

It also is good for those with cash to hide or launder who otherwise might not be able to pass the income test.

Most of the options don't have any ongoing fees & convenience is exactly what you're paying for.

Have you never paid extra to use a Fast Track / Expedited service? I hate queuing/waiting so do it at every opportunity.

Biggest problem with the Visa for me is whether I really want to commit to 5-20 years in Thailand, especially as I have a partner/house in the Philippines & she's not too keen on the idea of living there, but I have 1 year until I finish this Project to work on that :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JB300 said:

Most of the options don't have any ongoing fees & convenience is exactly what you're paying for.

Spot on, JB300.

That´s one of the many problems the "moaners" have with TE... they can´t even read the Ts&Cs correctly....

• Like 2

Everyone can decide for themselves if they want to participate or choose another visa option in Thailand.

If you think all the participants of TE are somehow not smart or money launderer, that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Personally I just think this forum is getting filled with a lot of informative stuff and doesn't really help anyone. Onmy my opinion.

"Especially with ongoing fees" is the qualifying condition.
Not implying they are all stupid or criminal. Just that such a scheme might attract that type of client, along with others.

If you know the program, you would know that everyone gets vetted before they can join, I.e. criminal record and with immigration. So my guess is you have less criminals in this population than with other visa holders.

4 minutes ago, Bikeman93 said:

Personally I wont pay a premium to avoid totally unnecessary inconveniences imposed solely to restrict those who don't pay.

Try Cambodia, simple process, $300 p/yr, extend indefinitely.

Thank you for the money saving Tip. I have put in my diary as a reminder not to renew my Thailand Elite membership when I want to live in Cambodia.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Thank you for the money saving Tip. I have put in my diary as a reminder not to renew my Thailand Elite membership when I want to live in Cambodia.

Do us all a favour and go to Cambodia now.

Edited by paul18620

Get the 3 month Visa for $85, then 1 month Thailand for free. Repeat.
Total visa $255 per year and the revenue goes to better causes.
Don't forget to bring 20cent cigarettes and $4 Vodka from Cambodia.

If you like those visa runs, this is a good option for you. Just to be accurate:
- 2 months after entering you will have to make a trip to Immigration to extend your stay for 30 days. You will pay a small fee.
- the 30 day exemption entry you can only do 2 times per year provided you come over land border.
- before/after the 30 days you will do each time a border run.
- if you do other trips out of Thailand in between you will have to get a re-entry permit each time otherwise you have to get a new visa.

As far as I know the 30 days is granted for Airport crossing but 14 for Land.

That opens Vietnam as another possible option for home base coz the visa is a little cheaper again, and flying in has benefits. Or you could just circulate.

Of course this type of activity is what the Thais are trying to regulate around by the 14 day rule or trying to get higher flying expats to commit to a long term stay with upfront elite card fees.

1 minute ago, Bikeman93 said:

As far as I know the 30 days is granted for Airport crossing but 14 for Land.

That opens Vietnam as another possible option for home base coz the visa is a little cheaper again, and flying in has benefits. Or you could just circulate.

Of course this type of activity is what the Thais are trying to regulate around by the 14 day rule or trying to get higher flying expats to commit to a long term stay with upfront elite card fees.

So this advice your offering, you don't actually do yourself then?

• Like 1

I have done, been back in Oz 2 months. Goin on another loop in 2 more.

Havent included Vietnam yet, but looking into it.

Bali is an OK start, then Thai, Cambo, Thai works ok 4 me.

You want to do at least 1 month in each place to take advantage of monthly rentals. Airbnb do weekly discounts by the way. Get off the beaten track in high season.

If I come for 1 month my visit is free.

If I come for a longer time I have to pay.

Just who is the Elite here?

Edited by Bikeman93