Now that CTH is gone

kingstonkid

On ‎13‎/‎8‎/‎2559 at 11:24 PM, eTiMaGo said:

Sure, if you move back to the UK! :D I guess it's just some boring copyrights issues...

I was pretty disappointed with iLikeHD too tonight, turns out they don't have the new BeIN channels in English, and the other channels showing 9pm games were pretty unsteady :(

On the other hand, when I asked them about it, they said they're holding back on these, as it's the first time True is doing EPL since before CTH got the rights, but they plan to add them in the near future... fingers crossed...

Now, where should I watch Arsenal kick Liverpool's ass tomorrow? :D

For 2155bht per month I was able to watch Liverpool kick Arse on Truevisions BeIn Channel 676!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess all the moaning and bitching got to them!

Introducing the Asian/English TV Package!

The end of CTH broadcasting    forced us to make some changes to our channels and packages. We have now introduced replacement channels from neighboring countries and other local providers, and put them in a new package "Asian/English Live TV"
We plan to add more and more channels in the coming weeks as we secure the sources. We may also need to remove some channels eventually.

IMPORTANT: Until May 2017, this new package will be an automatic free upgrade when you purchase a UK Premium package!

And indeed, there's now a bunch of new channels, History, Discovery, CI, DMAX, etc... All in English, but many with squiggly Myanmar subtitles... Good enough! :D:D:D

On 8/14/2016 at 10:36 AM, rawhod said:

There was an embargo on UK TV showing the 3pm (UK) kick off's on the pretext that it might affect the attendances to these matches.

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard about :D

That's got to be one of the dumbest things I have heard about [emoji3]

It was done to protect attendance at the lower league clubs and "grass roots" football clubs up and down the Land who all kick off at the traditional 3pm, the only game that was allowed to be shown live at 3pm was the FA cup final following the end of the league season.

15 hours ago, eTiMaGo said:

I spy, with my little eye...

epl-bein1eng.png

It's a test, apparently, let's see how it goes!

This must one of the AsianEnglish package channels that is incorporated into the UK package until April, since I can access it.

To be honest, I would be reluctant to pay extra for the bein English channels. I can get enough EPL on the existing channels, particularly when matches are played at late night times here in Thailand because of the time difference. The only advantage, would be the ability to watch re-runs during the day, (if & when I have time)

29 minutes ago, rawhod said:

This must one of the AsianEnglish package channels that is incorporated into the UK package until April, since I can access it.

To be honest, I would be reluctant to pay extra for the bein English channels. I can get enough EPL on the existing channels, particularly when matches are played at late night times here in Thailand because of the time difference. The only advantage, would be the ability to watch re-runs during the day, (if & when I have time)

Agreed, useful also if you wanna watch some minor team playing at 3 PM and it's not shown on the Astro channels. Even so, I see they don't even air every single match!

I spy, with my little eye...

epl-bein1eng.png

It's a test, apparently, let's see how it goes!

The quality of the BEIN 1 English stream was much better than the Sky Sports 1 and Astro streams and seemed reasonably stable with the odd glitch (for the 1st Sunday game, I didn't watch the later one)

It's interesting that you mention the picture quality of the Sky Sports 1 stream.

Last week, 21 Aug, watching the early Premier League match, I was impressed by the picture quality at the start of the match. However, at 4 minutes in, there was a barely perceptible time shift in the stream and I'm sure the quality was downgraded. I checked the Astro stream quality and that was better.

Then this week, I again watched the early match, on Sky Sports 1, which started in good HD quality then at 10 minutes in I thought  it downgraded. I again checked the Astro quality and that was even worse.

I wasn't aware of the Bein stream this last weekend, so It will be interesting to check it out next week

In the event CTH managed to soldier on until yesterday (31st August), but, when I switched my TV on this morning in the hope of watching Sky News as has hitherto been my custom first thing, I found that they had finally gone. Apart from Sky News (which can be viewed online in any event) I certainly won't miss them in the EPL-less format they have been during the final 3 months of their existence.

Are GMMZ also no more? Or do they still have cable outlets (but certainly no satellite ones as far as I can tell)?

Yep, yesterday was the cutoff for their service on the Vinasat satellite, CTH is now officially totally defunct. At least with satellites, I wonder if they still operate their cable service?

GMMZ went down ages ago, they still sell their box and service, but I think you can only catch free channels with it, pretty useless..

Thaicom birds are still available using GMM and PSI box for free to air service.  True also offers a free and pay service.  And free is not useless for most Thai as all Thai normal channels are available along with about 2 hundred others (if using C-band).

Thaicom birds are still available using GMM and PSI box for free to air service.  True also offers a free and pay service.  And free is not useless for most Thai as all Thai normal channels are available along with about 2 hundred others (if using C-band).

Can the CTH (Ku Band Thaicom 5?) boxes still be used for the free channels?

It's interesting that you mention the picture quality of the Sky Sports 1 stream.

Last week, 21 Aug, watching the early Premier League match, I was impressed by the picture quality at the start of the match. However, at 4 minutes in, there was a barely perceptible time shift in the stream and I'm sure the quality was downgraded. I checked the Astro stream quality and that was better.

Then this week, I again watched the early match, on Sky Sports 1, which started in good HD quality then at 10 minutes in I thought  it downgraded. I again checked the Astro quality and that was even worse.

I wasn't aware of the Bein stream this last weekend, so It will be interesting to check it out next week

The ilikehd Sky Sports channels are now supplied by HD+ Streaming and the back up channels look like the originals, a change from last weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On September 2, 2559 BE at 11:49 AM, Linesy said:

The ilikehd Sky Sports channels are now supplied by HD+ Streaming and the back up channels look like the originals, a change from last weekend.

There has been a noticeable change, for the good, in ILIKEHD recent output. 

19 hours ago, stereolab said:

There has been a noticeable change, for the good, in ILIKEHD recent output. 

I agree as I watched the footy , Manu & Arsenal games with very little buffering but earlier Sky News was stop & start . Have been watching Sky Sports 1 this Monday afternoon showing footy highlights and zero problems . Fingers crossed for the future .