Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You think whatever you like Ulysses G, because in the entire history of your participation on this forum nobody has EVER said anything that has made you even remotely change your mind.

Nonsense. I thought the polls that said Trump would lose were mostly fair. Now I know that Trump (and Boon Mee) were right. The system really is rigged. Luckily so many Trump supporters ignored the media lies that he he triumphed anyway!

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Trump was cordial and polite. He should be lauded for being so thoughtful.

Is it that unusual for him to be polite that now he should be lauded for it? Why should someone be lauded for being polite and cordial? That is  basic, decent manners which are expected from my children as an automatic gesture. I am aware that in 18 months we have not seen Trump being either cordial or polite but if he is that is a bit shocking you expect him to be 'lauded' for it. He was out of his depth and like a rabbit in the headlights during that meeting. This show is far from over.

32 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Is it that unusual for him to be polite that now he should be lauded for it? Why should someone be lauded for being polite and cordial? 

Because he and Barrack Obama are pretty much enemies. Both get points for being gracious.

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Nonsense. I thought the polls that said Trump would lose were mostly fair. Now I know that Trump (and Boon Mee) were right. The system really is rigged. Luckily so many Trump supporters ignored the media lies that he he triumphed anyway!

Again with "the system is rigged".  Because he won even though he received less votes than Clinton?  He knew about that flaw when he decided to run.  Because the polls showing Hillary's lead was within the margin of error?  If you think that's rigging you really should learn the basics of statistics before commenting on them.  The media lies?  Please give examples.

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Simply your bias clouding your interpretation. 

Trump has already made his position and intention clear...you are simply nitpicking.

Trump will clarify in greater detail in his first 100 days so its a senseless effort to try and pigeon-hole now.

Trump is chaos.

Trump is a foreign policy and international relations ignoramus.

Not only does Trump change his positions, he changes them radically, continually, frequently. Anytime anyone asks Trump he says something different, almost always in self-contradiction. 

Trump not only changes from yes to no, or from no to yes, he denies he's changed and Trump denies the how or what of his radical changes.

Trump needs a hundred items of basic information on anything international. Yet, as each item is presented to him, he draws his conclusion on the basis of the latest item presented. So it is an ongoing and alternating yes and no of Trump statements that of course bewilder He HimSelf.

Trump has his corporate empire that is worth a lot of money -- whatever amount -- and Trump sits atop a huge conglomeration of entangled corporations and various grafted entities. No one to include Trump himself can account for it all -- the IRS itself has to audit Trump each year just to get some handle on the sprawled out on the floor huge puzzle and its multiple oddly shaped pieces. 

Trump's basic and eternal problem is that when it comes down to it Trump couldn't run a five square metre meat market in a neighborhood. Nevermind the government and affairs of the world's only superpower.

11 hours ago, Skywalker69 said:

Oh I almost forgot!

Here are 4 policies that Trump is already back-pedaling on

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/here-are-4-policies-that-trump-is-already-back-peddling-on/

-I didn´t see that one coming! :clap2:

Don't you just love politicians and their "creativity"? 

Thursday, Newt Gingrich—who’s reportedly being considered for Trump’s Secretary of State—admitted the president-elect’s promise to get Mexico to pay for it may have been a “campaign device.”

“He may not spend much time trying to get Mexico to pay for it,” Gingrich said. “But it was a great campaign device.”

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Because he and Barrack Obama are pretty much enemies. Both get points for being gracious.

But they are not enemies are they? After meeting him personally for the first time a few days ago, Trump said 'Obama is a very nice man' ! You all fell for the snake oil salesman. I still maintain that now the Republicans have got what they want they will help throw Trump under the bus in the next 45 days. Trump is a real danger to the GOP, he slandered and defamed its core party members. He is done and I do not think the crown is going atop his head anytime soon. Pence will be President, and then the free America can really worry, the Church will control the Whitehouse at last.

9 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Thanks for a great example of factless, wishful thinking. Trump was cordial and polite. He should be lauded for being so thoughtful.

Yes, but there's a big difference between being cordial and polite and calling Obama, with cameras rolling, " a great man"...that and with all the policy backtracks, he runs the risk of being just the mouse that roared. 

14 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Yes, but there's a big difference between being cordial and polite and calling Obama, with cameras rolling, " a great man"...that and with all the policy backtracks, he runs the risk of being just the mouse that roared. 

Trump´s gesture was submissive, he knew he met his superior.

McConnell Just Admitted He Made Up Obama’s “War On Coal”

After President-elect Trump, Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is the most powerful and influential elected Republican in the nation. One of McConnell’s biggest lies, amid a litany of others, is President Barack Obama’s environmental policies have been costing his constituents in Kentucky jobs in the coal industry. After Trump won the election, McConnell turned an about face and began to reverse his position, in a display of shameless political hypocrisy.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/11/13/mcconnell-just-admitted-made-obamas-war-coal/

TRUMP CONFIRMS THAT HE JUST GOOGLED OBAMACARE.

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Speaking to reporters late Friday night, President-elect Donald Trump revealed that he had Googled Obamacare for the first time earlier in the day.

“I Googled it, and, I must say, I was surprised,” he said. “There was a lot in it that really made sense, to be honest.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-confirms-that-he-just-googled-obamacare?mbid=social_facebook

3 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

But they are not enemies are they? After meeting him personally for the first time a few days ago, Trump said 'Obama is a very nice man' ! You all fell for the snake oil salesman. I still maintain that now the Republicans have got what they want they will help throw Trump under the bus in the next 45 days. Trump is a real danger to the GOP, he slandered and defamed its core party members. He is done and I do not think the crown is going atop his head anytime soon. Pence will be President, and then the free America can really worry, the Church will control the Whitehouse at last.

It would be radical to do but I can't put it past the Republican Party to pull off changing the votes of the Electors of the Electoral College to make Pence Potus. The Electors of the EC from each of the 50 states must choose from among the top three recipients of the Electoral College Vote by state, in a joint session of the Congress January 6th.

EC Electors must be officially chosen in each state by the state government by mid-December (regardless of which party is in government).

As I'd noted at another thread for the benefit of foreigners, each ballot in each of the 50 states Constitutionally requires voters to choose Clinton-Kaine or Trump-Pence. The names on the ballot can be full names or they can be surnames only, but they remain hyphenated. Each single vote in all 50 states is cast for the pair, the duo, the couple -- the two of 'em together.

So Pence received the identical number of Popular Votes as Trump received. Even though the convention nominated Trump for Potus, and Trump as the party-certified nominee chose Pence as his VP, the two appeared on all ballots of each state as a couple. This qualifies and certifies Pence for the office of Potus, period.

The Trump-Pence slate of EC Electors in each state are hard core Republicans (likewise for the Clinton-Kaine slate of EC Electors in each state, all of whom are Democrats). EC Electors are formally pledged to the Party, respectively, Republican or Democratic. EC Electors however are not Constitutionally bound by a pledge to a political party -- at least not up to the present election.

EC Electors answer only to the Constitution, which says they will vote their conscience. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution about a political party or political parties. Nothing. It's all about Electors of the EC and their individual conscience and the individual vote of each one. That's it.

HRC could release her Democratic Party EC Electors in some or all states she won to Constitutionally vote their conscience, i.e., to vote Pence. Absolutely so Constitutionally. (She does not even have to release them -- each one can Constitutionally vote his/her conscience period.)

It would be unprecedented but, as the old saw goes, these are unprecedented times. The wingnut Pence himself as Potus would be a sitting duck by the time of the 2020 election. A duck on a pond -- surrounded by starving and fully armed hunters, er, voters.

Was it possible for Trump to win the nomination...yes it was possible. Was it possible for Trump to be elected Potus...yes it was possible. Would this be possible in this wild election cycle.....

These otherwise bizarre notions have to be hashed out throughout the institutional Republican Party and in each of the states that would be involved. That would be a lot of personal phone calls, surreptitious meetings to include by telecom, clandestine travel -- meetings in underground garages and that sort of thing we already know do occur . So let's see if the speculation of the moment can become more than simply that.

It would be radical to do but I can't put it past the Republican Party to pull off changing the votes of the Electors of the Electoral College to make Pence Potus. The Electors of the EC from each of the 50 states must choose from among the top three recipients of the Electoral College Vote by state, in a joint session of the Congress January 6th.

EC Electors must be officially chosen in each state by the state government by mid-December (regardless of which party is in government).

As I'd noted at another thread for the benefit of foreigners, each ballot in each of the 50 states Constitutionally requires voters to choose Clinton-Kaine or Trump-Pence. The names on the ballot can be full names or they can be surnames only, but they remain hyphenated. Each single vote in all 50 states is cast for the pair, the duo, the couple -- the two of 'em together.

So Pence received the identical number of Popular Votes as Trump received. Even though the convention nominated Trump for Potus, and Trump as the party-certified nominee chose Pence as his VP, the two appeared on all ballots of each state as a couple. This qualifies and certifies Pence for the office of Potus, period.

The Trump-Pence slate of EC Electors in each state are hard core Republicans (likewise for the Clinton-Kaine slate of EC Electors in each state, all of whom are Democrats). EC Electors are formally pledged to the Party, respectively, Republican or Democratic. EC Electors however are not Constitutionally bound by a pledge to a political party -- at least not up to the present election.

EC Electors answer only to the Constitution, which says they will vote their conscience. There is absolutely nothing in the Constitution about a political party or political parties. Nothing. It's all about Electors of the EC and their individual conscience and the individual vote of each one. That's it.

HRC could release her Democratic Party EC Electors in some or all states she won to Constitutionally vote their conscience, i.e., to vote Pence. Absolutely so Constitutionally. (She does not even have to release them -- each one can Constitutionally vote his/her conscience period.)

It would be unprecedented but, as the old saw goes, these are unprecedented times. The wingnut Pence himself as Potus would be a sitting duck by the time of the 2020 election. A duck on a pond -- surrounded by starving and fully armed hunters, er, voters.

Was it possible for Trump to win the nomination...yes it was possible. Was it possible for Trump to be elected Potus...yes it was possible. Would this be possible in this wild election cycle.....

These otherwise bizarre notions have to be hashed out throughout the institutional Republican Party and in each of the states that would be involved. That would be a lot of personal phone calls, surreptitious meetings to include by telecom, clandestine travel -- meetings in underground garages and that sort of thing we already know do occur . So let's see if the speculation of the moment can become more than simply that.

Lose lose either way with trump or Pence. I think impeachment is quite a possibility based on insanity with the republicans being the more motivated party.

41 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

We know that Trump is glib and vacuous, that he says anything and means nothing of any value or truth, because it changes from one lie to yet another off an assembly line of lies.  

This one however was his absolute Duzy.

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Lose lose either way with trump or Pence. I think impeachment is quite a possibility based on insanity with the reader republicans being the more motivated party.

It's about scuttlebutt that institutional Republicans might do in the Electoral College.

I'm not advocating anything.

I would state my view about it in two respects. One, Pence is such a wingnut he'd pose an excellent conventional political target in 2020.

Secondly is the obvious point that Pence would not separate the U.S. from its allies and indeed from everyone internationally. With Trump as Potus the world rightfully believes the U.S. has gone stark raving mad...and it has in fact done exactly that. Suicidally nuts.

The scheme, if it exists or could be finagled, would remove the U.S. from that suicidal course. 

So as I've come to give it a few moments of initial thought, I'd prefer it to Trump taking the oath of office on Jan 20th. A Democratic Party successor in the White House can begin to undo a Potus Pence domestically but especially globally. Undoing a Potus Trump would be impossible. 

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

I don't think they would do that without a significant amount of cover--perhaps a conviction for fraud or bribery associated with Trump U, or an IRS ruling of felony tax evasion.  Unfortunately we aren't likely to get these things before the electoral vote.

3 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I don't think they would do that without a significant amount of cover--perhaps a conviction for fraud or bribery associated with Trump U, or an IRS ruling of felony tax evasion.  Unfortunately we aren't likely to get these things before the electoral vote.

Cover as you present it would of course be strongly desired in any such move by Republicans in Washington.

However, institutional Republicans can go get him simply because he's Trump.

Even the Trump Fanboyz would welcome a Potus Pence. They're clear about it. Republicans in Washington would lose very few Right Sector voters by rejecting Trump in the Constitutional Electoral College Voting to install Pence. Pence is widely and deeply popular with the far right and the even further out right.

It is so much the smart thing to do by the few remaining sane Republicans. They continue to have the power to accomplish it, if it can be accomplished. They probably also figure it's a gamble very worth undertaking. 

First thing is for 'em to determine whether it would be possible to pull off. Only they can get scope the specifics to make that assessment.

It's about scuttlebutt that institutional Republicans might do in the Electoral College.

I'm not advocating anything.

I would state my view about it in two respects. One, Pence is such a wingnut he'd pose an excellent conventional political target in 2020.

Secondly is the obvious point that Pence would not separate the U.S. from its allies and indeed from everyone internationally. With Trump as Potus the world rightfully believes the U.S. has gone stark raving mad...and it has in fact done exactly that. Suicidally nuts.

The scheme, if it exists or could be finagled, would remove the U.S. from that suicidal course. 

So as I've come to give it a few moments of initial thought, I'd prefer it to Trump taking the oath of office on Jan 20th. A Democratic Party successor in the White House can begin to undo a Potus Pence domestically but especially globally. Undoing a Potus Trump would be impossible. 

Sounds reasonable but very far fetched. Of course trump as president is beyond far fetched. It's an atrociously destructive black swan.

14 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

But he won't! He will not build a wall, he will not cut illegal immigration from Mexico and the 'legal immigration' from people from the Middle East for example has a perfectly sound and arduous vetting process.

Furthermore he has now stated he is not going to deport all the illegals from Mexico, just 'the criminals', which is exactly the policy Obama has.

Trump went in Obama's office full of his own ideas and came out a changed man! Maybe there was someone else in there who told Trump what he was going to do!  

But he still can count on his core supporters to join the deportation force, and report where illegal immigrants can be arrested and deported.

18 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Me too, but that is neither Obama nor Hillary Clinton. They disgraced themselves to get her elected. He needs to listen to people like Charles Krauthammer and John Bolton.

John Bolton is a super hawk when it comes to Russia. One thing some people attribute Trump with is possibly improved relations with Russia. Not sure how that fits. Unless mistaken, Bolton said HRC and Obama were too soft on Putin. But then we have quite a few Trump supporters saying HRC would have brought about WWIII. Go figure.

16 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Thanks for proving my point. He said he will renegotiate it so that it works for the USA instead of Iran. Dismantle has a number of meanings.

The deal is not between Iran and the US alone, though. It would probably mean negotiating with all members of the UNSC, and getting IAEA on board as well. That's before engaging Iran. Without international cooperation, there is no leverage, unless Trump is in favor of further US military escapades in the ME (which I though was something usually attributed to HRC during the campaign).