Champion Overstayers of the Month - Chonburi immigration announces the latest prize catches

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, cumgranosalum said:

"Coming in a distant third was UK citizen Patrick Smith, 48, apprehended outside La Brasserie restaurant in Pattaya. He also faces a five year sojourn for his 148 days illegally in the kingdom."

I would have thought far from being a 5 year sojourn, it has come to an end - or will he be imprisoned for 5 years?

Agreed!   Sojourn????   "Ban" is more like it!!!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter
Add one word

Respectfully why don't you go after 'criminals'? While I don' t condone what the aforementioned 'administrative violators' have done, concentrating on 'low hanging fruit' and then bragging about it - makes your policing ideology a laughing stock...IMHO. <wai>

5 hours ago, angsta said:

Seriously? 

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

This rather mocking and cynical journalistic style which has recently sprouted up when reporting Pattaya crime news may well lead to some reporters' arrests. Disrespect the cops here at your peril.

Quote* " Experience without cynicism was a sure sign your brain had dry rotted and you hadn't bothered to notice"

* David Baldaccci - Divine Justice.

I am sorry but I fail to see how anyone can just "foget" he or she is mre than 140 days past their overstay  date on a visa to Thailand.

Especially since the information is stamped right there for  everyone to see in theri passport.

1 hour ago, marginline said:

Respectfully why don't you go after 'criminals'? While I don' t condone what the aforementioned 'administrative violators' have done, concentrating on 'low hanging fruit' and then bragging about it - makes your policing ideology a laughing stock...IMHO. <wai>

Most of the overstayers are 'low hanging fruit'. Or do you think they just forgot it  ? Some of them are wanted in their home countries for serious crime and just used the system staying in Thailand without thinking about renewing their visas. So in my eyes they are criminals. I'm not talking about 2 weeks overstay here but several years. 

4 hours ago, Maggusoil said:

Yes what a great headline! 

One of the folks up in my remote part of the world, is on his way out health wise. I guess they've missed him in the roundups.

7 years!! Overstay.

No one really understands why a guy with copious rubber plantations, a house with all the family around him and so on and so forth would endanger his situation in this way. Now wheel chair bound, to be sent home at this stage of things would be

outrageously inconvenient. Strange, this overstaying thing, when you have all the qaulaifications to remain.

Why? Is this old codger any better than us people to do his 90 day report and his ones a year extension,,,Because  you think that he owns a lot of shit here (which he doesn't/can't Legally) That he can act like a Thai and do what he likes,,,Tell Immigration Who he is and they can fine/jail and get rid of him.People like him and you make it bad for us Normal Aliens    :bah:

I personally don't agree with naming and shaming.

If the intention is to scare over stayers into surrendering, would you?

Does this 'Good Guys In, Bad Guys Out' campaign extend to the many corrupt Immigration officers.

How would they feel if they were named and shamed in the press.

The worse criminal of the lot is Nanthaphop Sukhonthamat, 37, who was fined for not reporting a foreigner staying at the Pannathorn Guest House, in Pattaya within 24 hours of the guest's arrival.

There was Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot. And now we have Sukhonthamat.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Most of the overstayers are 'low hanging fruit'. Or do you think they just forgot it  ? Some of them are wanted in their home countries for serious crime and just used the system staying in Thailand without thinking about renewing their visas. So in my eyes they are criminals. I'm not talking about 2 weeks overstay here but several years. 

Always refreshing to see the intolerant,  hang them high brigade,  on TV.

Live long and prosper  :wai2: 

BORING

Can we please move on to the far more important issues ...such as murder and mayhem, rape and robbery and human trafficking, for example, and a long list of social ills which continue unabated.

I notice a whole lot of T.V. com members tend to gloat when someone gets arrested for such infractions of the immigration laws. :(

Its sad that humanity cannot even be free on earth. Its sad that fellow humans are jailed or banned for walking on a piece of land on earth itself. 

Whats the crime of these people..stupid fake visa and passport system in this fake world...Who created this system...nature don't care....Humanity Should be Free from the clutches of darkness which imposes these border restrictions...

Edited by starchild5

1 minute ago, starchild5 said:

Its sad that humanity cannot even be free on earth. Its sad that fellow humans are jailed or banned for walking on a piece of land on earth itself. 

What the crime..stupid fake visa and passport in this fake world...Who created this system...nature don't care....Humanity Should be Free from the clutches of darkness which imposes these border restrictions...

Is there a Rainbow People gathering at the next Full Moon? 

7 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

If they like, they will come back with new passport and with a new name....:gigglem:

They have incorporated facial recognition at the airports, their faces will be mapped and irregardless of the passport name, will be caught - theoretically.     :gigglem::gigglem:

3 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

They have incorporated facial recognition at the airports, their faces will be mapped and irregardless of the passport name, will be caught - theoretically.     :gigglem::gigglem:

That may well be so, else ware.

But if they ever get to that standard in Thailand,   i think a test on the locals first would be best,

just to see if it works :cheesy::giggle::cheesy:

Edited by onemorechang

1 hour ago, Blue bruce said:

Why does the Thai immigration ban farangs from coming back into the Kingdom for 5 or 10 years when they contribute 100's of thousands of baht to the local economy. It just does not make sense. Ban the cash cow, Really?  ? ? 

Because in most cases they contribute nothing. So good riddance.

6 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Because in most cases they contribute nothing. So good riddance.

BS, No free Food, Accommodation, Transport, or Cloths, Beer chang,   for Mr falang in Thailand

So your wrong :wai2:

Edited by onemorechang