Young American found dead in Trang hotel - empty animal anesthetic bottles found

webfact

Young American found dead in Trang hotel - empty animal anesthetic bottles found

p1.jpg

Image: Daily News

TRANG: -- Suicide is expected in the death of a 23 year old US citizen found dead in a Trang hotel room on Tuesday.

Drake Wolf, from Minnesota, was found in bed. Three empty bottles of anesthetic used for animals were discovered next to the bed, reported Daily News.

Police called to the hotel found the man with his hands clasped behind his head and his legs crossed. 

The manager told Trang officers that he worked for a big car company in the area.

He had arrived in Thailand on the 26th of July and checked into the hotel alone on the 30th. CCTV showed that on Sunday he had arrived back at the hotel at 9.30pm alone and asked for his key. 

He went straight up to his room.

After not emerging for two days the manager decided to check on him by using the master key.

The body was sent for autopsy and family are being contacted. Police suspect suicide.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-03

RIP Drake Wolf. Sad to know about 23 old getting this kind of wrong ideas, that too one who has a good job. As a born human being, there are plenty of opportunity to live gracefully until the death comes naturally. Strong family links, strong friends circles are very important for a good life. I hope no other young-men would think about this in the future.

Society to take responsibility of anyone's suicide or not ?

Sad day indeed.....

The thing that I cannot yet fathom is why all these individuals, pouring in from all corners of the world, choose Thailand to hang themselves from a ceiling fan, jump off from an always high balcony, 'anesthesiate'  themselves into an incurable coma,  and so on and so forth...

There must be something mystical about Thailand. Meet thy fate or something....

7 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

RIP Drake Wolf. Sad to know about 23 old getting this kind of wrong ideas, that too one who has a good job. As a born human being, there are plenty of opportunity to live gracefully until the death comes naturally. Strong family links, strong friends circles are very important for a good life. I hope no other young-men would think about this in the future.

Sad day indeed.....

Sad day indeed, RIP young man.

If the animal anaesthetic was by any chance Ketamine, it is high time that Thailand makes it available to registered vets only. It is amazing how easy it is to find it in some parts of Thailand, especially in Isaan.

7 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Sad day indeed.....

You our talk about it like its the first suicide known to mankind.

people top themselves every hour of the day, every day of the week and in every week of the year.  It's common for people a lot younger than this guy as well.

how is society suppose to take responsibility for this? What society, the Thai one?  I just don't follow your post.

may the young man have a better run next time around, if indeed we get a another run. RIP.

33 minutes ago, neverdie said:

You our talk about it like its the first suicide known to mankind.

people top themselves every hour of the day, every day of the week and in every week of the year.  It's common for people a lot younger than this guy as well.

how is society suppose to take responsibility for this? What society, the Thai one?  I just don't follow your post.

may the young man have a better run next time around, if indeed we get a another run. RIP.

but in this case, it happened so soon after arrival in Thailand and that too, to  a good job.

there is something wrong.

to go off just as you are beginning life. having slogged at  school for so long, it is really tragic.we have been that he had a good job. he had landed in a new country just  a few days back and then the departure.

where does this make any sense? he could not  have been pressurized by circumstances that fast.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

For the BIB -   suicide, case closed. 

An absolute waste of life and as a parent can only imagine the parents grief receiving this news. 

Wait until they have the headaches of getting him home while greiving his loss.

No middle name. No sports participation in HS. Chances are he was Native American.

Very high suicide rates in that community.

Edited by ClutchClark

14 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I agree with ESCAPIS , ok suicide happen everywhere every day but more and more folk get a ticket to LoS then top themselves . Is it the heat , the humidity or something else ?

1 hour ago, ESCAPIS said:

The thing that I cannot yet fathom is why all these individuals, pouring in from all corners of the world, choose Thailand to hang themselves from a ceiling fan, jump off from an always high balcony, 'anesthesiate'  themselves into an incurable coma,  and so on and so forth...

There must be something mystical about Thailand. Meet thy fate or something....

You are reading a Thai web site. If you read a Japanese web site, you will find the same thing. Also happens every country in the world. Smarten up.

19 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I agree with ESCAPIS , ok suicide happen everywhere every day but more and more folk get a ticket to LoS then top themselves . Is it the heat , the humidity or something else ?

I think it's unrelated to Thailand and just people want to escape their country and die 'away from it all'?  terrible in any event and many suicides cannot be explained but sounds like he planned and knew what he was doing and, ultimately, it was his decision

compassion to family and friends who must be going through hell 

16 minutes ago, arrowsdawdle said:

Instead of cause unknown and under investigation, they jump to a convenient face value conclusion. Lack of work ethic.

How easy would it be to scatter a few vials and cover up a murder? In LOS it is a no-brainer.

What?

Why was he murdered?

Ooh, maybe he opened an office door and saw the evil twin brother of his boss, who everyone thinks died in a helicopter crash several decades ago, kill the boss in order to steal his identity and his wife....

you watch too many soap operas.

And remember if you are going to top yourself in Thailand destroy your passport before you do so as this will be printed in every media outlet in the country. No respect for the dead in los.

Top yourself in Thailand Minister said " Many tourists come here and top themselves, we are the hub of suicide" .

Suicide has increased in Thailand in the 3rd quarter and is expected to rise in the 4th.

Sorry to be Cynical. RIP Drake.

Edited by Wilsonandson

9 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

And remember if you are going to top yourself in Thailand destroy your passport before you do so as this will be printed in every media outlet in the country. No respect for the dead in los.

Top yourself in Thailand Minister said " Many tourists come here and top themselves, we are the hub of suicide" .

Suicide has increased in Thailand in the 3rd quarter and is expected to rise in the 4th.

Sorry to be Cynical. RIP Drake.

No passport, then your body will lie in the morgue for months waiting to be claimed like that English dude last month.

6 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Actually they do respect the dead here, if you die a normal death. Some funeral ceremonies last weeks and months before they are buried or cremated. But if a foreigner comes all the way here and gets killed by a prostitue, ladyboy, thai wife etc or commit suicide by drugs, then it is sensational news, and reported and commented.

11 minutes ago, saakura said:

Actually they do respect the dead here, if you die a normal death. Some funeral ceremonies last weeks and months before they are buried or cremated. But if a foreigner comes all the way here and gets killed by a prostitue, ladyboy, thai wife etc or commit suicide by drugs, then it is sensational news, and reported and commented.

Thanks for the heads up. Killed by a ladyboy sensational news. I'm a sad man living in a sad world. Help me PM Prayuth, I need a return to happiness.

3 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

My thoughts exactly.

This could quite easily be someone on "Special K" that overdosed accidentally.

I guess it depends on which animal anesthetic he used. 

Yes. Animal anesthetic suggests ketamine which is very common as a recreational drug, and not generally associated with committing suicide deliberately. 

I don't buy the suicide theory.  A lot of young people travel and look for recreational drugs that are illegal back home but legal in the countries they visit.  I think this fellow got more than he bargained for, accidentally.

Police called to the hotel found the man with his hands clasped behind his head and his legs crossed

I would think someone dying from drug ingestion would be convulsing, moving etc.  This makes it sound like he died peacefully in his sleep.  There are worse ways to go.

You guys crack me up with your craziness.

He was a Native American from Northern Minnesota.

The suicide rate amongst that indigenous community is very high, especialy for young men his age.

The BiB did their job.

BTW, how many of you guys attend suicides and senseless murders and accident scenes and greiving hysterical family members every day?  The BiB do. The guys you all love to hate have seen more dead and injured and abused childrens bodies in a year than you will in your entire lives. 

Don't let any of that stop you from your constant bashing though. 

While I have no way to know the truth about this young man's death, I'm not necessarily convinced it was suicide. Could he have been playing a dangerous game of using the animal tranquilizer as a recreational drug?