Etihads inflated price for changing date of ticket

beaufoy

58 minutes ago, kkerry said:

You think you have discovered a major fraud only because you continue to ignore the reasons people have given as to why it isn't necessarily so.

What reasons I have been given excuses but no reasons

1 hour ago, Jiu-Jitsu said:

Once again, you can get a friendly travel agent to inspect them for you. I have a friend who is a travel agent in Thailand and he has access to this info. It is not a secret. I can sit with him and look at the class availability in real time.

I've been in that situation many times and simply ask for the first date that class is available. If you are unsure, call as travel agent and ask if that exact class is available.

If you haven't proof on this occasion, make sure you have it for the next. 

No one is stating that you are definitely wrong. But if you feel that your evidence is sufficient, gather it together and send it off to:

[email protected]

You will get a response. Even if you are wrong, they may still offer a gesture of goodwill. What you should not do, is to act the arse. No one likes an arse. Let them see that you are a reasonable person, not a crazy ranter.

You do sound like an advocate of Etihad, the travel agent route is not tenable as I suspect you already know...they will not bite the hand that feeds them, and not being too clever myself I did try said route (Limerick agents) and they refused to help ......anyway thanks for the e mail address.

PS It might not surprise you that I do not have any friends who are travel agents

1 hour ago, Jiu-Jitsu said:

...that you are quite a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

You need to stop, as you are giving the impression that you are experiencing a nervous breakdown of sorts. No one is against you here. We are only trying to advise to the best of our knowledge. If you chose to ignore our advice, that is fine. But to attack the people trying to help you?

You claimed to know about the English Legal system, I pointed out a history which would if true prove I know a great deal more than you. Instead of trying to convince me that you are more sophisticated than I believe you to be, and you do not think a man of my unstable emotions could take a legal case all the way to the high court you decided to insult me

1 hour ago, beaufoy said:

You claimed to know about the English Legal system, I pointed out a history which would if true prove I know a great deal more than you. Instead of trying to convince me that you are more sophisticated than I believe you to be, and you do not think a man of my unstable emotions could take a legal case all the way to the high court you decided to insult me

You are quite clearly not well. If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop your endless ramblings and stick to the facts.

Instead you make ludicrous pronouncements, claiming that we are in cahoots with Etihad. Are these the actions of a well man?

Clearly English is not your first language, as your sentences appear garbled and your understanding equally so. 

I haven't once mentioned the "English Law" apart from at this very moment, so now you are imagining a dialogue that never existed.

If you think that you have a leg on which to stand, try to take Etihad to court and let's us know how it went.

So once again, stop behaving like an idiot in abusing the very people who attempt to advise and assist.

As to your perceived insult.... those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

"I suspect you are a supporter of Etihad" Do you remember that comment?

As for suggesting that travel agents would not give this info to you. Wrong again. You simply ask the agent to find you a ticket in that exact class. Not Economy Breaking Deals, as they don't see that. They see the classes and the seats available in that class. So you tell them the exact class of ticket that you want. 

So once again please, zip it and use your energy intelligently by composing a succinct letter to the email address supplied, instead of wasting time arguing nonsensically. A word of advice...if you write to them in the same way that you have written here, they may not be too keen to enter into dialogue with you.

So don't try to threaten them with your extensive experience of English law. They may just think you a fool. Map your case out pleasantly and intelligently. They, like Kuwait Airways, may show goodwill.

11 hours ago, Jiu-Jitsu said:

You are quite clearly not well. If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop your endless ramblings and stick to the facts.

Instead you make ludicrous pronouncements, claiming that we are in cahoots with Etihad. Are these the actions of a well man?

Clearly English is not your first language, as your sentences appear garbled and your understanding equally so. 

I haven't once mentioned the "English Law" apart from at this very moment, so now you are imagining a dialogue that never existed.

If you think that you have a leg on which to stand, try to take Etihad to court and let's us know how it went.

So once again, stop behaving like an idiot in abusing the very people who attempt to advise and assist.

As to your perceived insult.... those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

"I suspect you are a supporter of Etihad" Do you remember that comment?

As for suggesting that travel agents would not give this info to you. Wrong again. You simply ask the agent to find you a ticket in that exact class. Not Economy Breaking Deals, as they don't see that. They see the classes and the seats available in that class. So you tell them the exact class of ticket that you want. 

So once again please, zip it and use your energy intelligently by composing a succinct letter to the email address supplied, instead of wasting time arguing nonsensically. A word of advice...if you write to them in the same way that you have written here, they may not be too keen to enter into dialogue with you.

So don't try to threaten them with your extensive experience of English law. They may just think you a fool. Map your case out pleasantly and intelligently. They, like Kuwait Airways, may show goodwill.

You should either give up completely or just get someone else to write your posts for you.Unlike you I  put forward a logical basis, and evidence for my complaints.  I do try to avoid insulting the other side, and stick to the facts. Of course

insulting people because you cannot find a good argument against their stance could well be construed as rambling, so this makes you more guilty of said verb than myself.

Concerning my so called " ludicrous pronouncements " that you might be in cahoots with Etihad. Well if you decide to defend the corrupt system of ticketing that Etihad uses then there has to be cause to suspect that you have a dog in this race. I cannot see how I am insulting you by suggesting you are helping Etihad. After all it is well documented that Etihad pay people to write on travel forums giving their side of the argument, so after reading what you have written it could spring to mind that you might be one of the said people.

'

"Clearly English is not your first language, as your sentences appear garbled and your understanding equally so. 

I haven't once mentioned the "English Law" apart from at this very moment, so now you are imagining a dialogue that never existed."

What made you write the above paragraph.....were you just rambling.

I am afraid English is my first Language, and I am a qualified English Teacher. Although I was not a good teacher, it was recognized by the course (Text and Talk) director that understanding of the Technicalities of the English Language was second to none. Of course I have not taught or even used English (writing many letters)  for over ten years so I suspect my expertise of the skill set might have slipped, but they're still high enough to know the following statement, implies you have some (very little I grant you) knowledge of English Law

"I live in England and you would have no case unless you could prove it "

If you read my previous posts you should have realized that the idea of taking Etihad to court is not tenable. I live in Thailand so cannot use the English Courts. I represent myself when I go to court, but do not speak thai, so cannot use Thai Courts.

Concerning the travel agent system that you keep on banging on about. In a previous post I pointed out that I tried this route, and the agents could/would not give me the information required.

Have I upset you  whilst we have been corresponding. You carry on writing back, but you think I should zip it.

At this stage I will not be writing to the e mail address you supplied. I will also cease writing to Thai Visa on this subject about Etihad, but I will probably start a new thread about other problems with Etihad, and will continue writing to other travel forums........Good Bye

11 hours ago, beaufoy said:

You should either give up completely or just get someone else to write your posts for you.Unlike you I  put forward a logical basis, and evidence for my complaints.  I do try to avoid insulting the other side, and stick to the facts. Of course

insulting people because you cannot find a good argument against their stance could well be construed as rambling, so this makes you more guilty of said verb than myself.

Concerning my so called " ludicrous pronouncements " that you might be in cahoots with Etihad. Well if you decide to defend the corrupt system of ticketing that Etihad uses then there has to be cause to suspect that you have a dog in this race. I cannot see how I am insulting you by suggesting you are helping Etihad. After all it is well documented that Etihad pay people to write on travel forums giving their side of the argument, so after reading what you have written it could spring to mind that you might be one of the said people.

'

"Clearly English is not your first language, as your sentences appear garbled and your understanding equally so. 

I haven't once mentioned the "English Law" apart from at this very moment, so now you are imagining a dialogue that never existed."

What made you write the above paragraph.....were you just rambling.

I am afraid English is my first Language, and I am a qualified English Teacher. Although I was not a good teacher, it was recognized by the course (Text and Talk) director that understanding of the Technicalities of the English Language was second to none. Of course I have not taught or even used English (writing many letters)  for over ten years so I suspect my expertise of the skill set might have slipped, but they're still high enough to know the following statement, implies you have some (very little I grant you) knowledge of English Law

"I live in England and you would have no case unless you could prove it "

If you read my previous posts you should have realized that the idea of taking Etihad to court is not tenable. I live in Thailand so cannot use the English Courts. I represent myself when I go to court, but do not speak thai, so cannot use Thai Courts.

Concerning the travel agent system that you keep on banging on about. In a previous post I pointed out that I tried this route, and the agents could/would not give me the information required.

Have I upset you  whilst we have been corresponding. You carry on writing back, but you think I should zip it.

At this stage I will not be writing to the e mail address you supplied. I will also cease writing to Thai Visa on this subject about Etihad, but I will probably start a new thread about other problems with Etihad, and will continue writing to other travel forums........Good Bye

You don't have many friends, do you? I haven't visited a Thai travel agent who will not give me the aforementioned information.  If they refuse to impart said information to you, look to yourself and the manner you have couched your request.

You have already managed to alienate everyone posting on this thread by dint of your particular style of communication. So where others may meet with success, you manage to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Since you have decided to give up on this particular endeavour, no more needs to be said.

Anyway I'm very sorry to hear about your dog----if you do decide to get another one, keep well away from them  Labrador's wont you.

It's frightening how many those owners you see that have gone blind.........:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

27 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Anyway I'm very sorry to hear about your dog----if you do decide to get another one, keep well away from them  Labrador's wont you.

It's frightening how many those owners you see that have gone blind.........:coffee1:

After reading through the unhinged and increasing ramblings of the OP, I suspect the dog may have committed suicide when it overheard it's owner was returning early.

Do hope the OP opens a new thread somewhere as it's been an entertaining interlude whilst I wait for the next post by the '5 baht egg guy who was accosted by a US marine on a bicycle.'

On 11/08/2016 at 9:17 PM, beaufoy said:

What reasons I have been given excuses but no reasons

The reason why airlines (not just Etihad) charge different prices for the same sector in different directions is because they can. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Is it a pain? Yes. Should it be prohibited? Yes. Will it be? No, because they are selling their product as they see fit and that's entirely their business. They dont have to answer to anyone about it. You always have the choice of buying your ticket from another airline if you dont like the way Etihad behave (though as far as I know most other airlines behave exactly the same way).

The real answer is to buy your ticket and use it as purchased, without changing the dates and times.

Edited by KittenKong

Just adding my 2 bahts worth to this discussion. The OP posted this on topic on 3rd August . He said he flew back to Ireland a couple of months ago, May or June?(seasonally the cheapest months for airfares to thailand together with Sept and Oct). 

Dog was sick so he wanted to change return to an earlier date like July or  early August( both months are considered expensive for airfares, schools finished , more people traveling etc. airlines increase the prices during these months because its busy). 

If you do buy the super promo cheapest ticket and it does allow date changes its never going to have many date choices because the original booking class is scarce. If you do attempt to make a date change in July and August where the super promo cheapest booking class never existed in the first place you will always have to pay the fare difference to whatever the prices are in the busy expensive July August. 

Whatever Etihad describes as "saver" "lowest fare possible" etc in this July August period will always cost more than the same type fare in May June or Sep Oct.

I am not convinced EY are doing anything dishonest here. The OP wants to move his return into a well known expensive couple of months. If the dog became sick in September a date change may been possible with only the date change fee.