One dead, several hurt in central London knife attack

webfact

30 minutes ago, Chicog said:

The dead person is an American woman. The killer is a "Somali Norwegian".
Years ago, a friend of mine had an interview lined up for an exceedingly good job, and the man with whom he was supposed to meet was stabbed to death by a lunatic in broad daylight. The person was hearing voices, the lot.
Institutionalised because he wasn't sane enough to charge.

Lunatics, mad people, hearing voices etc...

If this is the case then I think this statement:

Currently, the United Kingdom's terror threat level is set at "severe", meaning an attack is "highly likely".

Should read:
Currently, the United Kingdom's mental stability level is set at "hallucinatory/paranoid" meaning people going mental/insane is "highly likely"

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, FinChin67 said:

Lunatics, mad people, hearing voices etc...

If this is the case then I think this statement:

Currently, the United Kingdom's terror threat level is set at "severe", meaning an attack is "highly likely".

Should read:
Currently, the United Kingdom's mental stability level is set at "hallucinatory/paranoid" meaning people going mental/insane is "highly likely"

It's unfortunate but we too have problems with the mentally ill.

On a recent trip to LA and Vegas, I did comment that an American city would not seem right without a deranged person shouting at himself (or herself) while pushing a shopping trolley. It's almost a national sport.  Sometimes that level of mental instability can spill over into violence (not that there is enough about this incident to say one way or the other).

25 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Sorry - still wrong.

There's a political agenda in trying to mask the fact that Mohammed is the most popular name.  I'm not bothered either way - and I think both camps are trying to use the stats for their own purposes, but just looking at the maths - then Mohammad is No 1.

The totals are Muhammad 3588, Mohammed 2536, Mohammad 1116, a total of 7240. There were 6649 Olivers.  Adding in different names that look a bit live Oliver to try and get Oliver over the line is cheating, as they are not the same name, whereas Mohammad and Muhammad are clearly intended to be the same name

Why is using variants of an English name cheating but using variants of an Islamic name not?

Your source looked ay just 56,157 births from among their list; the ONS figures use all births.

Muhammad isn't the UK's most popular baby name: it's Harry

They also combined names with variant spellings - so Mohammed, Muhammad and Mohammad were all grouped under one name, leading to it topping the chart. Oliver came second - but Ollie was listed separately.

Other names listed separately include Samuel and Sam, Benjamin and Ben, James and Jamie, and Thomas and Tommy.

And if you want to go the whole hog, Evan is a variant of John - but the two are kept distinct in the data.........

Again, Muhammad doesn't top the (ONS) charts, but by combining Muhammad, Mohammad and Mohammed, it does make the top 10. Oliver (and variant Ollie) are knocked out of (1st) place by Harry/Henry, with over 9,000 babies receiving the name last year.

And if we'd combined Jacob, Jake, and Jack, they would have stomped the opposition, with 13,649 babies carrying those names (we didn't do that because Jack can also be a shortening of Jonathan/John)........

So, yes, Muhammad is a significant name in the UK, IF you combine the variant spellings. But in the ONS's top 100, the only other obviously Islamic name is Ibrahim - suggesting that Muslim families who do use traditional names have a much smaller pool to choose from. Thus those names crop up a lot.

To get back on topic - the same political agenda is leading to self censorship in the press about the recent tragic stabbing case.  We don't know his religion, his name, his nationality or what he was shouting as he attacked people - but we do know he was mentally ill. 

So the Police can diagnose mental illness before they can determine his name or nationality.

If you were paying attention rather than spreading propaganda you would know that the police have said that both mental illness and terrorism are possible motives for this attack.

As usual, facts are something the Ministry of Truth and those who fall for their lies aren't interested in.

Rational people prefer to wait until the police have finished their investigations and release the full facts, including the attackers name, which wont be until he is charged (see my previous) before passing judgement.

Norwegian national of Somalian origin, no indication of any radicalisation but certainly some of mental illness.  Open for spinning any way you choose but those are the facts as we know them. 

Edited by dunroaming
mispelt word

19 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Norwegian national of Somalian origin, no indication of any rationalisation but certainly some of mental illness.  Open for spinning any way you choose but those are the facts as we know them.

I don't think it needs spinning -- the plain facts are evidence of the pit we are rapidly entering.

The guy is legally Norwegian, so he can travel freely anywhere in Europe without hindrance or checks, but is ethnically Somali and therefore at the very least, the product of a violent, primitive and lawless society.

Europe's immigration policy seems to be based on how to create a binary explosive -- take two elements which are generally stable by themselves in isolation -- first, European tolerance and freedom of movement, and second, people from violent, backward societies, and bring them together.

Boooom.

53 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Why is using variants of an English name cheating but using variants of an Islamic name not?

Your source looked ay just 56,157 births from among their list; the ONS figures use all births.

If you were paying attention rather than spreading propaganda you would know that the police have said that both mental illness and terrorism are possible motives for this attack.

As usual, facts are something the Ministry of Truth and those who fall for their lies aren't interested in.

Rational people prefer to wait until the police have finished their investigations and release the full facts, including the attackers name, which wont be until he is charged (see my previous) before passing judgement.

The police lie and cover up when it comes to Muslim violence whether in cologne - Sweden or the UK. If not why not give out his given (non) Christian name.

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Ah! Somalia - that well-known Christian country. So nothing to do with religion, then. What a relief.

The lack of facts initially released increased the odds of the murderer being not only a Muslim but a member of the current invading army. 

17 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

The lack of facts initially released increased the odds of the murderer being not only a Muslim but a member of the current invading army. 

Yes, the PC media is all over this like fire-fighting foam -- let nothing out.

The jihadi BBC, as usual, topped the lot with its headline "Norwegian national held as US woman stabbed"

EDIT: The BBC's print arm, the Guardian, tried to get away with "Suspect was Norwegian national", as though we were supposed to believe that some blond bearded fisherman in a knit sweater had gone berserk on London's streets.

Edited by RickBradford
Add info:

10 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Thank god we voted for the Brexit. No more asylum seekers wanted. Those already in, time to do a head count and kick out the religious nut cases.
(Posting from my mobile phone using the Thaivisa Android App)

Norway is not in the EU - Brexit has nothing to do with this tragic case.

1 hour ago, Familyonthemove said:

Sorry - still wrong.

There's a political agenda in trying to mask the fact that Mohammed is the most popular name.  I'm not bothered either way - and I think both camps are trying to use the stats for their own purposes, but just looking at the maths - then Mohammaed is No 1.

The totals are Muhammad 3588, Mohammed 2536, Mohammad 1116, a total of 7240. There were 6649 Olivers.  Adding in different names that look a bit live Oliver to try and get Oliver over the line is cheating, as they are not the same name, whereas Mohammad and Muhammad are clearly intended to be the same name.

To get back on topic - the same political agenda is leading to self censorship in the press about the recent tragic stabbing case.  We don't know his religion, his name, his nationality or what he was shouting as he attacked people - but we do know he was mentally ill. 

So the Police can diagnose mental illness before they can determine his name or nationality.

The intention of the Daily Mail article was to suggest to those who do not look beyond the headlines (as if there was any other type of Daily Mail reader...) that 5% of the UK population was siring more children than the other 95%. Clearly anyone with half a brain can see that this would be a remarkable feat by the Muslim population. As is mentioned in the Guardian article, the diversity of traditional British names is many times that of Muslim names. A larger percentage of Muslim new-born males are called Mohammed or its variants than Christian new-borns are called Oliver. That is not news, but dangerous and deliberately misleading sophistry.

29 minutes ago, The manic said:

The police lie and cover up when it comes to Muslim violence whether in cologne - Sweden or the UK. If not why not give out his given (non) Christian name.

As I explained earlier, the police in the UK do not usually name suspects until they are charged; unless they need to do so for operational reasons such as apprehending the suspect. This is clearly not the case here as the man was arrested at the scene.

This is true regardless of the race, nationality or religion of the suspect.

For example Man arrested for robbery. Countless more examples if you follow all the UK news.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

you will have to admit that the following is rather shocking:

and the second thing that is shocking is that we have to wait for some journalists, very possibly of the gutter press, to do the government's job of releasing details of public interest about the "suspect", if we can call him that, because as I understood he was arrested red-handed, litterally.

going through the news stories, I found this piece of sweet candy by The Guardian, which should open everyone's eyes on the fact that the real victims are the perpetrators, it makes you really feel for them, the poor little darlings victims of dark manipulators. surely it's not their fault, anyone could be manipulated in such a way in a moment of weakness... or not?

Mental health : Officials have said there is a crossover between terrorism and mental health problems. On Monday a man was jailed for life for a knife attack at an east London tube station in December 2015. A few hours after the attack police suggested it was probably terrorism. By the time that case came to court they accepted mental illness was more likely to be a significant factor.

In the December 2015 attack Muhiddin Mire shouted: “This is for my Syrian brothers. I’m going to spill your blood.” He also attacked or threatened four other travellers.

But the victim, the doctor who treated him and a substantial part of Britain’s security establishment said they believed Mire’s violence was a result of his acute mental health problems rather than a political motivation.

After further inquiries, Scotland Yard publicly said so – while pointing out that Mire had been inspired by Isis propaganda on his phone, the downloading of which appeared to coincide with his mental health deteriorating.

On Monday, despite these assessments, Mire was jailed for life with the judge saying he was motivated by Islamic extremism.

About half of all people feared to be at risk of terrorist sympathies may have mental health or psychological problems, a police study has found. The police study of 500 cases dealt with by Channel, an anti-radicalisation scheme, found that 44% of the individuals involved were assessed as being likely to have vulnerabilities related to mental health or psychological difficulties. A further 15% were assessed as possibly having vulnerabilities but more assessment was needed.

In May, Ch Const Simon Cole, who is in charge of the Prevent programme, which aims to protect people against radicalisation, told the Guardian: “There would appear to be, from the work we have been doing, a link to people who are vulnerable around mental health.”

The knife attack in central London on Wednesday evening came amid heightened fears of a terrorist attack in the UK.

source: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/aug/04/key-questions-to-be-answered-on-the-london-knife-attack

The Telegraph says:

Victim 'stabbed repeatedly in back' by silent knifeman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/04/woman-killed-and-five-injured-in-suspected-terror-knife-attack-i/

still the question remains if the man is dumb, in the sense of speech impaired.... (tongue in cheek)

52 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

So basically a muzzlim with an EU passport…who just breezed in.

Figures.

And there are some who would say Im being dramatic when I say that europe has lost control of its lands.

A Somalian with a Norwegian passport, which he should never have been given.  A Muslim where by madness and religion intertwine. No wonder the informed bits want out of euro land  hell. 

4 minutes ago, manarak said:

The Telegraph says:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/04/woman-killed-and-five-injured-in-suspected-terror-knife-attack-i/

still the question remains if the man is dumb, in the sense of speech impaired.... (tongue in cheek)

So our esteemed posters who claimed what he was shouting Allua Akhbar were mistaken?

20 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Yes, the PC media is all over this like fire-fighting foam -- let nothing out.

The jihadi BBC, as usual, topped the lot with its headline "Norwegian national held as US woman stabbed"

EDIT: The BBC's print arm, the Guardian, tried to get away with "Suspect was Norwegian national", as though we were supposed to believe that some blond bearded fisherman in a knit sweater had gone berserk on London's streets.

From the BBC. Not in the headline, " Russell Square stabbings: Man arrested on suspicion of murder," but prominent in the text.

Police arrested a 19-year-old Norwegian national of Somali origin.

The Guardian has it in the headline and the text. London stabbing: Suspect is Norwegian Somali with 'no evidence' of terror – live

A 19-year-old Norwegian national of Somali origin is being questioned by police after a woman from the US was killed and another five people were injured in a stabbing attack in Russell Square in central London

Nice try; but as usual with the minions of the Ministry of Truth a total failure once someone actually checks the facts.

The police are now saying that even though the victims were American, English, Australian and Israeli and the culprit was a Somalian Muslim the attack was not linked to terrorism.

It's strange that no Muslims were injured in the attack but in future we must only consider an attack being terrorist related when PC Plod tells us that it is.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

The police are now saying that even though the victims were American, English, Australian and Israeli and the culprit was a Somalian Muslim the attack was not linked to terrorism.

It's strange that no Muslims were injured in the attack but in future we must only consider an attack being terrorist related when PC Plod tells us that it is.

Did the Police mention the religions of the victims? I am pretty sure that Muslim is not a nationality.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The Muslims themselves use variants but all know it is the same name. It is obtuse to suggest otherwise. The dominant name in the UK for boys Mohamed thought sometimes spelt differently. The growing demographic in the UK is Muslims.  Whole parts of cities have been ethnically cleansed and no go areas abound. It's dreadful.

Would it not be a good idea for the UK to refuse entry to people whose Country of birth appears to have frequent 'mental illness' problems? No offense to indigenous loons who should have the local amenity of lithium and a padded cell.

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Did the Police mention the religions of the victims? I am pretty sure that Muslim is not a nationality.

We do not define ourselves by our religion. Muslims do. It's getting worse everyday in Europe.

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Somalia is a country and it's inhabitants are Islamic. The victims of this attack were all members of Judeo Christian communities.

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The police have ruled out any terrorist connection and have confirmed it was a random attack by a mentally ill man.  End of story.  Won't stop the racists of course but we are all used to that.

I am anti racist- anti fascist and anti Islam.  This was a terror attack being whitewashed as a random attack caused by mental illness.  In Islam- what is learned and how it is learned combined with inbreeding leads to mental instability.  Having worked in Iran - Saudi - Kuwait-Libya -Pakiatan-Afghanistan et al and worked with 10s of thousands of Muslims especially young men I can assert with authority they have significant mental problems not least of all an obessI've hate of Jews. 

11 minutes ago, manarak said:

you will have to admit that the following is rather shocking:

and the second thing that is shocking is that we have to wait for some journalists, very possibly of the gutter press, to do the government's job of releasing details of public interest about the "suspect", if we can call him that, because as I understood he was arrested red-handed, literally.

As said before, and in all the initial reports, the police have not diagnosed mental illness; they said that either mental illness, terrorism or possibly both were possible motives. Did you miss all that, or are you employing the usual Ministry of Truth ploy of ignoring all the facts which don't fit your prejudice?

Obviously the police could not determine his name nor nationality until they had made further investigations and as a result of same identified him.

Read what I have said previously about the naming of suspects; especially what APCO has to say. I repeat; this is standard procedure regardless of the race, nationality, religion or any other aspect of the suspect.

In the UK we have a criminal justice system based upon the presumption of innocence. This means that even when charged an accused is presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law.

Long may it remain so; for all, not just those who you and your fellow travellers approve of..

1 minute ago, The manic said:

We do not define ourselves by our religion. Muslims do. It's getting worse everyday in Europe.

My point was that the OP stated the nationalities of the victims and said that there were no Muslims amongst them - did he know the religions of the victims or did he simply assume that they were all non-Muslim?

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

My point was that the OP stated the nationalities of the victims and said that there were no Muslims amongst them - did he know the religions of the victims or did he simply assume that they were all non-Muslim?

This is OT but lets ask what you think? Muslim or non-muslim?