Thai men took off their shirts to keep 'homeless' farang warm, didn't forget to film themselves (VIDEO)

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

maybe the farang had taken his top off because it was to hot for him.

''Here take my jacket''

''I don't want your jacket, i'm just hot''

''Are you filming Somchai''?

''Yes''

''Put the jacket on you stupid farang or you'l get a good beating''

''make him smile''

''He wont''

''Kick him when i turn the camera away''

Maybe it wasn't like that but who knows

You should've been a script writer for Monty Python.

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

In fairness to these two good samaritans, these younger generations film absolutely everything these days. 

It won't be long before everyone just has their own GoPro camera mounted on their head to film every moment of their lives.

And broadcasting via the internet as they do. Actually, there is an app that does that already, called Periscope. Welcome to the future.

25 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

pathetic, these young men did an honorable thing, Give credit where it is due and leave your bigoted Thai hatred on another forum.

What a strange comment. I was commenting on the  comedic value of the imaginary sketch, not implying it had anything to do with reality. I think your response says more about you than me.

Edited by nausea

6 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

pathetic, these young men did an honorable thing, Give credit where it is due and leave your bigoted Thai hatred on another forum.

ya. why are our views so clouded that we fail to recognise a good deed when it is done, unsolicited and without any expectations or gratification other than the self satisfaction of having done some good for mankind.

little drops make the ocean.we hope to see more such kindness.

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

In fairness to these two good samaritans, these younger generations film absolutely everything these days. 

It won't be long before everyone just has their own GoPro camera mounted on their head to film every moment of their lives.

Why not install a camera in the eyes? A GoPro glued to the forehead seems a bit awkward.....

Talk about over analysis of ever damn thing reported here.

why not just accept it for what it was.

why did you take a shiiiit this morning? Was it because your bowel was full or some other conspiracist reason.

cripes

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

It is as much a Buddhist concept as it is a Christian, Muslim and Hindu concept.  It amazes me how many Christians seem to think that it is their faith that is the charitable one.  Find me a Thai who does not know how to make merit, the first way being to give alms without expectation of anything in return, absolutely everyone knows this, Thais have not lost their faith like the Christian countries. Now find me a Brit or Australian or American who can give just me one single quote from the bible without looking it up first.  Your post is completely deluded, it is the Christians who are religious only to give lip service, as your post demonstrates as you cherry pick from the bible whilst simultaneously ignoring the rest to launch a generalised attack on a whole nation, your practical application of Christianity was a hypocritically ironic fail today.

Off your meds?

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, good for them helping the guy but to film and post themselves doing so...

It's very clear that they didn't film themselves, it was being filmed by someone on a phone nearby, looks like 2 women vendors.  The 2 Thais are seen walking off and they're hardly likely to do that and leave their camera.

3 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

The Thais can't seem to grasp this simple Christian concept.  Of course, they've probably never heard it before since most are only aware of certain Buddhist principles to which most only give lip service, but fail miserably in actual practical application.

Matthew 6:2-4
So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward (the praise only of men and none from God).  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.… 

What happened as shown in the video is nothing to do with Christian concepts, it's simply a human reaction for some people to help others.  The Bible or quotes from it are irrelevant nonsense and none of us need it to know what is charitable.

19 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

It's very clear that they didn't film themselves, it was being filmed by someone on a phone nearby, looks like 2 women vendors.  The 2 Thais are seen walking off and they're hardly likely to do that and leave their camera.

Yeah maybe, but the cynic in me says they know the person who filmed them. 

6 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

What happened as shown in the video is nothing to do with Christian concepts, it's simply a human reaction for some people to help others.  The Bible or quotes from it are irrelevant nonsense and none of us need it to know what is charitable.

He didn't ask if the farang wanted his shirt, he just put it over his head to wear.

But maybe they know this farang.

3 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

The Thais can't seem to grasp this simple Christian concept.  Of course, they've probably never heard it bince most are only aware of certacharityin Buddhist principles to which most only give lip service, but fail miserably in actual practical application.

So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward (the praise only of men and none from God).  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.… 

You critisies Thais for not being 

1." Can't being able to grasp Christian concepts." Can the majority of westerners, inc you and i ?

2. "Being aware of only some Buddhistt principals, aying they only pay lip service and do not practice." Do you and i not do the same with Christianity?

I recall something from the Beible that emphasise, "Let he without sin cast the first stone, etc". Also St John to the Romans, stating that with faith, hope and charity, the greatest of these is charity. (And not critisism of  people who practice it).

Lets be honest, you are a racist Thai basher who hides behind the Christian religion.....now if you really want to know the true definition, of the word you quoted, hypocrisy, then take a good look in the mirror.

6 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Is this a TAT sponsored video? You never know these days.

Some kind of 'Do something nice for a tourist; get a free iphone type deal'

Edited by Rob13

we used to have, every month, the story fairy tale of a honest taxi driver giving back millions dollars to a tourist. 

Now we will get the story fairy tale of honest peaceful harmless innocent thai buddhist giving shelter to homeless farang:lol:

well done TAT:whistling:

4 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

The Thais can't seem to grasp this simple Christian concept.  Of course, they've probably never heard it before since most are only aware of certain Buddhist principles to which most only give lip service, but fail miserably in actual practical application.

What a ridiculous post......just the fact that you're so determined to slur a whole race with the thoughtless generalization -  'the Thais' shows that you're not much of a 'Christian' yourself.

Could have been worse..........the video could have been one of the many circulating the internet showing American teenagers kicking the sh*t out of homeless people and filming it...........not exactly 'Christian' either.........ho hum :) 

Edited by somchai jones