Court rejects bail for ex-Pheu Thai MP and associates

webfact

Court rejects bail for ex-Pheu Thai MP and associates

753_Boonlert-wpcf_728x409.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- The Chiang Mai Military Court on Thursday rejected the bail request for former Pheu Thai MP Tassanee Buranapakorn and nine other suspects charged with involvement in the dissemination of mails with distorted content of the draft charter.

The court reasoned that the 10 suspects might interfere with evidences and witnesses of the case.

However, the suspects’ lawyer, Dr Chamnong Chaimongkol, said he would submit a second bail request on Monday after the referendum on Sunday.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/174968-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-05

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

interfere with evidence and witnesses ????

no way would these pillars of honesty and honor do such a thing

Come on! How could they interfere with evidence and witnesses in a country which is ruled by the army and in particular with article 44, a country in which anyone can be indicted by a military court . That's completely ridiculous! 

Murderers, people who kill whilst driving drunk or stoned, it seems just about anyone who can stump up the cash gets bail.

But not political opponents of the Junta.

Funny that...

5 hours ago, candide said:

Come on! How could they interfere with evidence and witnesses in a country which is ruled by the army and in particular with article 44, a country in which anyone can be indicted by a military court . That's completely ridiculous! 

Because they are a wealthy corrupt red family and they can eliminate witness for safe themself 

Yet another unfortunate example that reconciliation in this country seems to be moving further and further out of reach, while the junta’s “roadmap” looks more like a never ending story.

It’s really difficult to make any informed judgement on this, because there seems to be no real details of the “…distorted content of the draft charter...” this Gang of Ten is alleged to have been trying to disseminate.

BP suggests that it relates to highlighting weak points in the draft.

Should this be the case, then it is a real pity Thais have been denied access to this information (to help them better understand both the good AND not-so-good parts of their new Constitution) before they cast their votes on Sunday!

6 minutes ago, waldroj said:

Yet another unfortunate example that reconciliation in this country seems to be moving further and further out of reach, while the junta’s “roadmap” looks more like a never ending story.

It’s really difficult to make any informed judgement on this, because there seems to be no real details of the “…distorted content of the draft charter...” this Gang of Ten is alleged to have been trying to disseminate.

BP suggests that it relates to highlighting weak points in the draft.

Should this be the case, then it is a real pity Thais have been denied access to this information (to help them better understand both the good AND not-so-good parts of their new Constitution) before they cast their votes on Sunday!

BP quoted the contents of the letters
Readers know the facts

6 hours ago, smedly said:

interfere with evidence and witnesses ????

no way would these pillars of honesty and honor do such a thing

But grant bail to the automobile Killers, the rich Hi So's who show disdain for their community service punishments. How incredibly ridiculous your comment appears to be

Pillars of honesty you say, honesty? where someone tells the truth ? yes?

Something like "I will not stage a coup "type of honesty?

We have no knowledge of detainee XXX whereabouts type of honesty?

The United Nations fully understand our situation type of honesty?

You're a selective type of chap aren't you, you come across as a former law enforcement type, where your version of honesty differs from others, and that your version is superior to theirs.

How odd.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Murderers, people who kill whilst driving drunk or stoned, it seems just about anyone who can stump up the cash gets bail.

But not political opponents of the Junta.

Funny that...

Two wrongs dont make a right, i feel that the people you mentioned should also not get bail. Now by putting those PTP guys in jail during the investigation they are sure they cant interfere happens all over the world during an investigation. 

13 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Don't really see a need to distort the constitution as it clearly does not support democracy.  Just paint it as it is should be sufficient to get it shot down. 

Agree if its so bad then attack it on the real points don't fabricate lies. If outright lies they deserve punishment, if not then it stupid to punish them.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Two wrongs dont make a right, i feel that the people you mentioned should also not get bail. Now by putting those PTP guys in jail during the investigation they are sure they cant interfere happens all over the world during an investigation. 

In precious few countries people get jailed for expressing their opinion on matters. I think the previous line will go completely over your head....

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Agree if its so bad then attack it on the real points don't fabricate lies. If outright lies they deserve punishment, if not then it stupid to punish them.

In that case, let's jail the CDC, the NCPO and all the rest of the junta as well, all they do is lie. Oh right, they can't be jailed, as they written themselves a nice little amnesty.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

It happens all over the world ?  that people get locked up for disagreeing or even telling people to not vote for a charter that doesn't fit in with their views?

My dear chap, with such a bold statement I'd love to see some facts to substantiate your hyperbolic claims.

Detaining people does indeed happen all over the world during investigations, depending on the severity of the crime, so in other words, you rate different opinions and disdain for a political opponent up there with Murder, Rape, Child rape.. my, like thay other chap Smedley, you also have an extremely blinkered view on the law, and it's interpretations, were you also a former Law Enforcement type of chap?

I hate to burst your idyllic bubble old chap, but you do understand that this clever crowd in charge just now, have also gone on record as stating some political opponents were undermining them, despite that person being already incarcerated? Splashed it all over the National papers too, and made it into a huge big deal, and then when that chap was found to have been in prison, they quickly made out that the dear old chap had access to a mobile phone whilst inside. I guess the gaol also had phone charging sockets too, and that in the 2 years that fellow was inside, none of his cellmates noticed ?

I do believe that Hans Christian Anderson if he were still alive would simply adore you.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

In precious few countries people get jailed for expressing their opinion on matters. I think the previous line will go completely over your head....

In many countries people go to jail while the police does their investigating. That this crime is not a crime in some other countries is irrelevant. Its normal to lock up people during investigation. 

As I said before if outright lies, then i agree 100% that they need to be punished. If its not and they just express their opinion then i condemn it too.

Just now, Jason Bourne said:

It happens all over the world ?  that people get locked up for disagreeing or even telling people to not vote for a charter that doesn't fit in with their views?

My dear chap, with such a bold statement I'd love to see some facts to substantiate your hyperbolic claims.

Detaining people does indeed happen all over the world during investigations, depending on the severity of the crime, so in other words, you rate different opinions and disdain for a political opponent up there with Murder, Rape, Child rape.. my, like thay other chap Smedley, you also have an extremely blinkered view on the law, and it's interpretations, were you also a former Law Enforcement type of chap?

I hate to burst your idyllic bubble old chap, but you do understand that this clever crowd in charge just now, have also gone on record as stating some political opponents were undermining them, despite that person being already incarcerated? Splashed it all over the National papers too, and made it into a huge big deal, and then when that chap was found to have been in prison, they quickly made out that the dear old chap had access to a mobile phone whilst inside. I guess the gaol also had phone charging sockets too, and that in the 2 years that fellow was inside, none of his cellmates noticed ?

I do believe that Hans Christian Anderson if he were still alive would simply adore you.

You can't read obviously 

I said its common to lock people up during the investigation of a crime (look it up it standard operating procedure) Now that this is not a crime somewhere else is irrelevant. I made no comment about the actual crime I made comment about locking someone up during investigation. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

You can't read obviously 

I said its common to lock people up during the investigation of a crime (look it up it standard operating procedure) Now that this is not a crime somewhere else is irrelevant. I made no comment about the actual crime I made comment about locking someone up during investigation. 

I can read just perfectly, even between the lines.

You clearly stated that if what they wrote was outright lies, they need to be punished.

Since when, outside of commiting perjury is lying a crime?

"I will not stage a coup" but then stage one, which my dear old chap is a much more severe crime than lying in the contents of a letter, and is a much bigger lie altogether.

It strikes me as like your fellow Smedley, you're incredibly selective in your interpretations.

I suppose you've never told a lie in your life either? Were you incarcerated for that lie if you did?

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

In many countries people go to jail while the police does their investigating. That this crime is not a crime in some other countries is irrelevant. Its normal to lock up people during investigation. 

As I said before if outright lies, then i agree 100% that they need to be punished. If its not and they just express their opinion then i condemn it too.

This "crime" is not a crime in the vast majority of countries in the world, that IS the point. These people shouldn't be in jail.

Even if they were telling outright lies, which in this case is almost 100% not the case, they were probably telling the truth.

No point in anyone distorting anything as almost everyone in the North will vote 'NO' anyway, or not vote at all because nobody is paying them  !     What is likely to be distorted is the result but all in all the result doesn't matter really as the Big Pumpkin and cohorts have already decided what will happen in the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, than said:

Because they are a wealthy corrupt red family and they can eliminate witness for safe themself 

Under current d...... only one entity can effectively pressure and eliminate witnesses (and in this case witness of what? ). You know, like people hanging themselves or dying from blood poisoning in a military jail. :)

Edited by candide

2 hours ago, candide said:

Under current d...... only one entity can effectively pressure and eliminate witnesses (and in this case witness of what? ). You know, like people hanging themselves or dying from blood poisoning in a military jail. :)

yes red criminal

Will denial of bail also mean denial of their right to vote?

It might be disturbing to the NCPO to see these people publically going to the polls however quiet and unobtrusive they may be. Keeping them in military detention solves that problem.

3 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Will denial of bail also mean denial of their right to vote?

It might be disturbing to the NCPO to see these people publically going to the polls however quiet and unobtrusive they may be. Keeping them in military detention solves that problem.

It also means 10 less NO votes, not that it may make a difference to the end result though, because it will be same same anyway.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

You can't read obviously 

I agree, love makes blind. Isn't it Rob?

3 hours ago, robblok said:

You can't read obviously 

I agree, love makes blind. Isn't it Rob?

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

But people do get jailed for deliberately trying to stir up civil unrest by maliciously spreading lies at crucial and sensitive times.

Did you read the lies and distortions in their letters' content that was published in the media?

Truth, honor, ethics - possible concepts that go completely over your head.

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But people do get jailed for deliberately trying to stir up civil unrest by maliciously spreading lies at crucial and sensitive times.

Did you read the lies and distortions in their letters' content that was published in the media?

No I didn't read the published letters, wasn't even aware they were published, but since you obviously read them I'm sure you will be so nice to post a link.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Right so trying to influence people to vote on a referendum could stir civil unrest, are you bloody serious ? Name me one democratic country where a referendum has been held where people cannot discuss the subject of the referendum freely, where a specific law has been drafted that threatens people who do with up to ten years in prison ?

Did you read the letters, did anyone read the letters, do you know how a proper justice system works ?

Stop trying to defend the indefensible, it hampers your credibility (if there is still any left that is..)

8 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

This "crime" is not a crime in the vast majority of countries in the world, that IS the point. These people shouldn't be in jail.

Even if they were telling outright lies, which in this case is almost 100% not the case, they were probably telling the truth.

well this is Thailand and it has its own laws like every other country, just because you disagree with it doent mean what they have done is illegal. As several of our apologists would say, if you dont like it leave but most just put up with it anyway and come in here for their bitch sessions. We may all not agree with what they do but we can do bugger all about it, all we do in here is air what we think, as for what they said, your are pulling a long bow to think they were telling the truth, these are reds/ptp people, they never tell the truth, just what the big boss tells them to say and that is what ever makes it better for him, he doesnt give a left nut about Thailand, just his personal bank account or havent you ever realized that.