"Ugly duckling" pump attendant set to become movie star as offers flood in!

webfact

"Ugly duckling" pump attendant set to become movie star as offers flood in!

p5.jpg

Image: tnamcot

YASOTHON: -- A pump attendant in Thailand's north east is mulling over a movie offer after she has been thrust into the limelight.

And in a latest twist the new downtrodden darling of the Thai media has received many offers from beauty clinics for free treatment, reported tnamcot.

Nong Namtao became an overnight celebrity after she was cruelly abused by a male civil servant in Yasothon who posted her picture online saying she was an "ugly creature" and "how dare it be born". 

Her detractor - Pongsak Khensing, who is an executive officer in the province - has already been to the PTT gas station to offer his apologies after a storm of criticism blew up.

Nong Namtao graciously accepted his words and said kindly that she harbored no ill feelings towards Pongsak.

But the matter has not ended there. Top film agent Pot Anan who can regularly be seen on TV Channel Eight entertainment channel has made her a movie offer.

But Nong Namtao is keeping her feet firmly on the ground continuing work at the Mahachanachai station: "I shall have to think about the movie offer," she said. "I am not ready and I don't want to go anywhere yet".

Beauty clinics have been calling into the PTT in droves to offer free treatment if she wants it but Nong Namtao has made no reply to them yet.

She has hardly had a moment - there has been a steady stream of visitors turning up at the pump to offer their support and ask to have their pictures taken with her.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-05

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Note: The asxxxxx who made the nasty comments is a bit pudgy himself.

Yes but guys can be fat unattractive and so on...according to these guys woman don't go for physical attraction but only money so no need to get in shape.

Hope she laps it all up and can one day sh1t in the face of the nasty <deleted> who treated her in such a manner.  

Edited by CharlieH
language removed

Props to the girl by not acting desperate for all the freebies offered.

This is the curse of social media….none of these companies give a shit about her…they just want the publicity that comes from attaching her name to a hashtag.

#disgraceful

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes but guys can be fat unattractive and so on...according to these guys woman don't go for physical attraction but only money so no need to get in shape.

Fame

I've been called a Fat <deleted> loads of times but nobody gave me any sympathy, favours or film offers. 

Just saying :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

This place can be cruel man.  Some of these people who call her ugly should look in the mirror.  So she's overweight and dark skinned.

My TGF told me about this story.  Some guy made fun of this girl on FB and everyone basically pounced on the guy.  So most Thais sympathize with her plight.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The opening to that headline is itself unnecessary and somewhat cruel. 

Would you not think the reporter was referring to the inner beauty and ultimate rising of the beautiful swan to triumph, as in the story? Or are you just a miserable complainer? 

Just now, Jane Dough said:

Would you not think the reporter was referring to the inner beauty and ultimate rising of the beautiful swan to triumph, as in the story? Or are you just a miserable complainer? 

No I'm saying that using the word ugly is a vile thing to do. It is judgemental and ignorant. 

Also the duckling in the story turned out to be a swan. Unless this lady turns out to be of a different species then I fail to see how it is applicable.

Finally, have you read the story? The moral of it is that if you can turn yourself into something beautiful then you will be liked. There is no indication whatsoever of inner beauty being viewed as something to be valued, only outward appearances matter to most in this story.

Like most ''fairy tales'' it is at it's core not very pleasant at all.

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"I am not ready and I don't want to go anywhere yet".

That's a pretty nice gas station....

7-11, Rainforest Coffeeshop, automatic air machine.

What more could a gal want, 555

Plus M&Ms on tap 24/7.

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"I am not ready and I don't want to go anywhere yet".

That's a pretty nice gas station....

7-11, Rainforest Coffeeshop, automatic air machine.

What more could a gal want, 555

She's probably already thought it through and come to the decision that would keep her dignity intact.  Simply being honest here but when has Thai mass media (or even Hollowood) cast a female lead character of her body size except in comedies?

It's doubtful she'd be more than the funny sidekick to the lean and fit female star.

A weird turn of events if ever there was.

If she becomes famous  then more than likely the man that called her ugly will show up wanting a percentage of the fame and fortune....or demand to be her publicity agent...lol

Cheers

pongsak.jpg.3dad31fd4d883fa44c3ff3d791a1d3e4.jpg

This brave young lady has shown an enormous amount of courage and class while handling this wrecked 'em who insulted her and then tried to cozy up to her because he thought it would all go away because of who he thinks he is..

I think she should avoid these cheap offers to make movies etc, no real long term good can come of that. The lesson here hopefully will be learned by some of the less classy types of women (wannabee hi-sos) (and men) that have graced these columns over the last few years. Be strong and stay cool lady you've just passed a big public test.

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

pongsak.jpg.3dad31fd4d883fa44c3ff3d791a1d3e4.jpg

This brave young lady has shown an enormous amount of courage and class while handling this wrecked 'em who insulted her and then tried to cozy up to her because he thought it would all go away because of who he thinks he is..

I think she should avoid these cheap offers to make movies etc, no real long term good can come of that. The lesson here hopefully will be learned by some of the less classy types of women (wannabee hi-sos) (and men) that have graced these columns over the last few years. Be strong and stay cool lady you've just passed a big public test.

Don't really know what this man(I use the term loosely!!!!) was up to with his big mouth.To me she is not ugly at all,and I have definately seen far bigger girls on a daily basis here. At least she is not letting it go to her head ,and sitting back thinking.The wolves can see good publicity here and can more or less guarantee it to be a short term venture til the heat and dust settle.Good luck to you girl:wai:

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Props to the girl by not acting desperate for all the freebies offered.

This is the curse of social media….none of these companies give a shit about her…they just want the publicity that comes from attaching her name to a hashtag.

#disgraceful

Exactly.  As much as I am happy that some people decided to do something nice for her, I can't help but think that ultimately all of this sudden attention will give the story a negative ending.  Sort of like child stars or sudden reality television stars start going down the road of craving more and more attention leading them into some pretty dark places.  

I hope that doesn't happen but sudden celebrity is a hell of a drug.  

1 hour ago, CanInBKK said:

She's probably already thought it through and come to the decision that would keep her dignity intact.  Simply being honest here but when has Thai mass media (or even Hollowood) cast a female lead character of her body size except in comedies?

It's doubtful she'd be more than the funny sidekick to the lean and fit female star.

Oh I don't know, that rather large lady on Thai channel 3 seems to be doing okay for herself (Sunshine Day I think it's called) I only know cos the Mrs watched it, very bad acting but comedy for the masses, surely you have sen it ? it's hysterical :cheesy:

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No I'm saying that using the word ugly is a vile thing to do. It is judgemental and ignorant. 

Also the duckling in the story turned out to be a swan. Unless this lady turns out to be of a different species then I fail to see how it is applicable.

Finally, have you read the story? The moral of it is that if you can turn yourself into something beautiful then you will be liked. There is no indication whatsoever of inner beauty being viewed as something to be valued, only outward appearances matter to most in this story.

Like most ''fairy tales'' it is at it's core not very pleasant at all.

Outward appearances really do matter in the real word it's only PC that pretends otherwise, sad but true.n

13 minutes ago, ableguy said:

Outward appearances really do matter in the real word it's only PC that pretends otherwise, sad but true.n

It's PC to view abusing and/or judging someone based on their appearance as a despicable thing to do?

well, well, well, I never knew that. Live and learn I guess...