What are your favourite shoes to wear when knocking around in Thailand?

neverdie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Wouldn't wear flip flops under any circumstances. They look pathetic on men, and are bad for the farang's image.

OK.

Why are your last 2 posts (?) so pointless?  But perhaps you have a good reason or explanation to defend your POV - that you couldn't be bothered to explain?

Edited by dick dasterdly

Scholl Biomechanics (makes you walk correctly) Bean Sandals in brown (leather upper manmade sole)  look smart and really comfortable around 1900 Bhat, got mine two years ago from Robinsons, so happy with them and they are still going strong that I bought another exact same pair but in black (for best) I am currently debating getting some Birkenstock Ramases premium as I like the look of them but don't really need them... I do not put my feet in any crappy cheap flip flop or knock off trainer as it is your health. Trainers I use asiacs they are like slippers and have sturdy Nike tennis shoe for anything needing stronger support. have also a pair of what my mate describes as Mick Dundees lol, an old pair of Clarkes (from UK) slip ons in tan but so comfy are my weapon of choice but alas are about 4 years old now and starting to show it

On 8/7/2016 at 4:27 AM, neverdie said:

You know what people say about folks with 'big feet' don't ya?

I don't recall seeing many large sized flip flops in LOS. You must import.

Exactly.Everytime i come i bring 3-4 pair of thongs,Surfer Joes.Now i have enough to see me through.

On 8/7/2016 at 2:28 PM, Don Mega said:

surfer joes.jpg

Surfer Joes, best ever.I thought i was the only one,until i walked into a sports bar in Pak Chong and there where 2 Yanks and an Ozzie with them on.It was like we were having a convention.Would be a Thai record for a gathering of SJ's.

23 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Thongs are skimpy underwear to me!

Any recommendations on the Asics line, and do you know if they post to Thailand?

You can buy them in Silom at the sports store about 20m from Exit 1 access stairs to the BTS on Silom Road. There are also a few Asic Sport Stores around Bangkok. The sport shop associated with Robinson used to sell them as well but I think they phased them out.

Just now, Aussieroaming said:

You can buy them in Silom at the sports store about 20m from Exit 1 access stairs to the BTS on Silom Road. There are also a few Asic Sport Stores around Bangkok. The sport shop associated with Robinson used to sell them as well but I think they phased them out.

I wear Kayanos, but you need to look at the website and get a brand that suits what sport you play and with Asics they recommend different models for different weight ranges and whether you are a short or long distance runner.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 3:21 AM, Pockys said:

I wore expensive top range Nike's until someone borrowed them during a bangkok temple visit

I have high insteps and my feet are prone to blistering unless I'm wearing quality walking/running shoes, except for brief outings.  They're expensive, but keep my feet in shape and let me go distances I could never do in sandals.  Flip flops just not my style except for the pool or the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

ECCO shoes , the best shoes for your feet. Danish company but factory is in Thailand. I need big size and they always have some in stock  (Mega Bangna). 

1204-ECCO-Sport-Women-s-Biom-Ultra-Sneak

Edited by balo

On 8/16/2016 at 1:32 PM, SoiBiker said:

Those who say they only wear flip flops or sandals - do you never take your wife or girlfriend out to a nice restaurant or anywhere like that?

yes I do and on those special occasions I put on a pair of socks.

• 6 months later...