The end is near. Swenson out of chocolate sauce

JJGreen

18 or so years ago, Udon had a Baskin & Robbins in the Charoensri Complex.  I asked for a pistachio cone and a mocha almond fudge cone.  The girl handed me my ice-cream in cups.  I told her I wanted cones.  Mai me, she replied.  I equated it to going to McDonalds and them running out of hamburgers or buns.  t.i.t.

Right!......... about 10 years ago I went to KFC just before lunch on a weekday and was told they were out of chicken!!!!
I was dumbfounded, and asked what was the point of opening? She replied they still had potato and gravy and french "fried". 

20 minutes ago, pogal said:

Right!......... about 10 years ago I went to KFC just before lunch on a weekday and was told they were out of chicken!!!!
I was dumbfounded, and asked what was the point of opening? She replied they still had potato and gravy and french "fried". 

and of course every farang loves "french fried."

The shortage of key ingredients just gets worse here.

Last night Mcdonalds could not make a Mcflurry!!!
No oreo or choc bits...

So i went to the next Mcdonalds... just 200 metres away and ordered a choc luv mcflurry... i got a soft serve choc dipped ice cream in return.

The second attempt was not much better..she broke the mcflurry cup and the mix was all wrong...

Hey, KFC has a separate counter for ice cream, so you don't get caught behind massive food orders...and for 10 thb, they really like to see how high they can make it....no "choco-lat," but between the fairly bad green stuff and just being out of it, DQ doesn't have it half the time....both have the dip though.

Hey, KFC has a separate counter for ice cream, so you don't get caught behind massive food orders...and for 10 thb, they really like to see how high they can make it....no "choco-lat," but between the fairly bad green stuff and just being out of it, DQ doesn't have it half the time....both have the dip though.

I had a DQ flurry type thing today.

I asked if i could have the caramel one but swap the almonds for the choc bits. Seemed same same to me.

Nope...that would be 10 baht extra

On August 8, 2016 at 10:10 AM, JJGreen said:

How does Swensons run out of one of ts most basic ingredients . . . 

Our water dept. ran out of water last week.  Yes, it was a most basic ingredient.   Happens 2-3 times a month.  

Living in Thailand = learning to cope.  Good luck.  

• 1 month later...
I have one better than no chocolate sauce. There is a chain of fast food restaurants in the midwest USA, called Steak N Shake. They are famous for their "steakburgers". You order your burger and they grill it and add the condiments you want.  I went to Steak n Shake one time and ordered a double burger with cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion and ketchup. The waiter said "sorry we are out of onions".  I asked, " how can a burger place be out of onions?   The manager heard me and  said that the delivery truck did not come last night.  I pointed across the street to a Schnunck's grocery store, told him they have onions and for $3 you would not have to tell customers you are out of onions.  He replied that they have to get all their supplies from the company delivery truck.  I said, "you mean the truck that did not show up last night".  

Got one even better. A Subway in USA out of mustard. Then there was the italian joint serving a salad Caprese (fresh/soft mozzarella and tomato). What arrived was cold grated pizza mozzarella (sorry no hab). Mindboggling .