Voting in the referendum of the draft constitution starts

rooster59

Ok, stop counting. The result is clear. Better open Bars so we can go out and celebrate the result.

Might i write, i feel sorry for the Thai people, or could i get arrested for that?

Edited by alocacoc

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al Jazeera correspondent Wayne Hay, reporting from Bangkok, said that 94 percent of the votes have been counted so far and 61.4 percent had voted in favour of the military-drafted constitution while 38.6 percent had voted against.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2016/08/thailand-referendum-vote-favor-constitution-160807120506423.html

In the words of Phil Collins

"Oh, think twice, cause it's another day for you and me in paradise".1470577655021.jpg

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

I spoke with some "normal / average" Thai people about this referendum. Most of them, are too scared to speak what they really think. I'm sure, many Thais had voted yes, only because they afraid about possible consequences if they hadn't.

No doubt the end result will be Yes.

if they were too scared to say what they really think, did you use your psychic abilities to determine their true thinking? Or just let your bias run amok?

Edited by halloween
clarity

if they were too scared to say what they really think, did you use your psychic abilities to determine their fear? Or just let your bias run amok?

Stupid question. The truth is, I said nothing biased. I did only listen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, alocacoc said:

I spoke with some "normal / average" Thai people about this referendum. Most of them, are too scared to speak what they really think. I'm sure, many Thais had voted yes, only because they afraid about possible consequences if they hadn't.

No doubt the end result will be Yes.

Then they could have stayed at home and not voted at all. If the military had turned up to ask why, (which is highly doubtful) a story could have been invented, but no: the chickens voted for more branches of KFC. I feel awfully sorry for Thai freethinkers, but unfortunately their compatriots have decided they like taking it up where the sun doesn't shine and want it to go on and on...

1 minute ago, alocacoc said:

Stupid question. The truth is, I said nothing biased. I did only listen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If they "are  too scared to speak what they really think" what were you listening to?

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2016/08/thailand-referendum-vote-favor-constitution-160807120506423.html

In the words of Phil Collins

"Oh, think twice, cause it's another day for you and me in paradise".1470577655021.jpg

A photo from one of the 3 provinces in the deep South with a Muslim majority  which rejected the constitution. The armed official was necessary as violence was expected and did happen.

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

Then they could have stayed at home and not voted at all. If the military had turned up to ask why, (which is highly doubtful) a story could have been invented, but no: the chickens voted for more branches of KFC. I feel awfully sorry for Thai freethinkers, but unfortunately their compatriots have decided they like taking it up where the sun doesn't shine and want it to go on and on...

As predicted by many, they like the way things are. They like seeing formerly protected criminals being prosecuted, national parks being reclaimed, and the red thugs kept under control.

You don't like it?  Get used to it.

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A this time of posting, the Yes vote is ahead. That's 27% of votes counted. Let's see later. Whatever the outcome, all should respect the people wishes assuming nothing is rigged. 

".....assuming nothing's rigged." Really?

16 minutes ago, halloween said:

As predicted by many, they like the way things are. They like seeing formerly protected criminals being prosecuted, national parks being reclaimed, and the red thugs kept under control.

You don't like it?  Get used to it.

What did I just say?

11 minutes ago, JImH2O said:

RIP democracy and Thailand as we know it.
I don't want to invest in a country with a dictatorship behind the screens, sorry Thai people you're not getting my money.

I guess the baht will plummet then

32 minutes ago, JImH2O said:

RIP democracy and Thailand as we know it.
I don't want to invest in a country with a dictatorship behind the screens, sorry Thai people you're not getting my money.

I await the demise of the baht.:rolleyes:

out of 50 million voters, only 58% voted. not a bad turn out, but i think more was expected. there must have been a quite a few that couldn't vote because they were out of their district and hadn't registered.

The next chapter in Thai politically history please!

If anyone thinks this referendum was legitimate, free and fair, and that its result constitutes an honest reflection of the bulk of working and struggling Thais' feelings and thoughts on the question of the military's continued stranglehold over the Thai nation (which is what the 'Constitution' is really all about)  - then that person must still be a babe in arms, gurgling and chortling away in some fantasy land of infantile ignorance. The very fact that people had to give their fingerprints before being allowed to vote (as if they were criminals or perpetrators of sedition) is in itself enough to blow the legitimacy of this 'referendum' out of the water. Many of us knew months ago that the result of this poll was a foregone conclusion - and we did not have to be psychic to know that! This is a sad day for the majority of the Thais, who have systematically and maliciously been stripped of all their  rights. This is a day which should live in infamy in Thai history. 

7 minutes ago, Eligius said:

If anyone thinks this referendum was legitimate, free and fair, and that its result constitutes an honest reflection of the bulk of working and struggling Thais' feelings and thoughts on the question of the military's continued stranglehold over the Thai nation (which is what the 'Constitution' is really all about)  - then that person must still be a babe in arms, gurgling and chortling away in some fantasy land of infantile ignorance. The very fact that people had to give their fingerprints before being allowed to vote (as if they were criminals or perpetrators of sedition) is in itself enough to blow the legitimacy of this 'referendum' out of the water. Many of us knew months ago that the result of this poll was a foregone conclusion - and we did not have to be psychic to know that! This is a sad day for the majority of the Thais, who have systematically and maliciously been stripped of all their  rights. This is a day which should live in infamy in Thai history. 

why? 

I've noticed that multiple posts have been deleted, including mine which was very mildly critical about the current referendum outcome.
Can we not even discuss that? I'm new to this, so can a moderator point me to the "rules" what can or can not be discussed?
I find it rather worrying...

3 hours ago, alocacoc said:

Ok, stop counting. The result is clear. Better open Bars so we can go out and celebrate the result.

Might i write, i feel sorry for the Thai people, or could i get arrested for that?

You could write that but it's rather patronising!

I checked and the reason you couldn't get on Thaivisa.com was because of people going online to check the referendum result. From 4pm-9pm the internet in Bangkok was extremely busy.
Imo and my gut feeling on this. I am very shocked that the yes vote won. Everyone I know and the mood of people everywhere I go seems to be sad that the military are in control. Maybe the finger printing for I.D on the ballot sheet caused paranoia and scared people to vote yes. There is no way to know. Unless you are Thai, you will never understand. Scared for their families is all I can surmise. Imo, which is allowed in a free country.

36 minutes ago, Eligius said:

As someone else said.. nobody made them vote.. and a fair share did vote no. Just not enough. If you can come up with proof fraud played part here show it. Otherwise it was fair. The only thing that was NOT fair was not letting parties campaign against or for the vote. So people had to think for themselves and were not instructed to vote by others. 

Do I agree with all that is in this new constitutions I dont.. I actually expected a no vote. But it does show that the power of the PTP is diminishing. One would have thought that all of their followers would have voted no.

Do people really think that no votes would be traced back to fingerprints and then people would suffer.. that would be so much work and would surely be public. Just imagine having to go through all the fingerprints.. something like that would never stay a secret. You cant do that with just a few people. But fingerprints do help making sure fraud is harder. 

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

I checked and the reason you couldn't get on Thaivisa.com was because of people going online to check the referendum result. From 4pm-9pm the internet in Bangkok was extremely busy.
Imo and my gut feeling on this. I am very shocked that the yes vote won. Everyone I know and the mood of people everywhere I go seems to be sad that the military are in control. Maybe the finger printing for I.D on the ballot sheet caused paranoia and scared people to vote yes. There is no way to know. Unless you are Thai, you will never understand. Scared for their families is all I can surmise. Imo, which is allowed in a free country.

how are you this evening?

here in Hua Hin a farang friend told me his Thai wife said when she went to vote, people at the polls were helping her fill out the paper work including marking the ballot for "yes".  Very helpful.

5 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

And right now it took me 5 re-loads to load a quote.... It seems like there are some powerful peeps who which must not be named, who had sth. to hide, and who are big bothering our Thaivisa website, ........ lol???...........

7 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Have a look at the map in post #29, and then try going to one of the green provinces. It seems that most of the people there are not sad the military is in control.  On one of the little green dots down south, I have not found ONE person out of quite a few I have asked, and all from much further north, who was concerned enough to bother to register.

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

how are you this evening?

here in Hua Hin a farang friend told me his Thai wife said when she went to vote, people at the polls were helping her fill out the paper work including marking the ballot for "yes".  Very helpful.

DOUBLE hearsay? Do you think that has credibility worth typing?

at the local voting station saw no police/army, heaps of people queuing up though , seems like a lot of people want to have their say, looks like the yes vote is getting a pretty good percentage, even better than what the ptp got in the last election, go figure. No one is being forced to vote, my wife has said the yes vote will win because people are sick of the corruption etc, just maybe the people are voting for what they want and dont want, admittedly the reds will always vote the way they are told to by thaksin but everyone else is making up their own minds or do all the ones against this think they are all too stupid to have their own say, many are just sick of all the crap from all the politicians and want to see it ended, maybe now it can be