Making a will

cheeryble

forenote: Certain that this topic's been done before I searched making a will. Nothing related came up.

I put it in CM forum as a local recommendation might be needed. 

So....

It's been most of a decade now, and I want to make a will for my assets in Thailand largely in favour of my (village wedding, unregistered) wife.

I am aware i can just write a will and get it witnessed and so on, but it may be worth spending a little and going to a lawyer because I would like my wife to feel it's a big deal and feel secure about the future as although she's a qualified woman with a proper job it would be very important to her.

Same time it may avoid future problems.

Should be fairly simple though a small portion of the estate may have some brief guidance then be left to the discretion of the executor(s), making it not 100% boilerplate.

Any estimates of cost and suggestions of the right person for the job?

Any other comments?

ps: I recorded the below and wonder if anyone has any experience of ©......does the Kromakarn tend to speak good English or not and can it be recorded in English........it would certainly get an official stamp and all that which would raise it's status in my wife's eyes which is all the the good and may get me valuable brownie points whilst probably very economical.

Thai Wills

Thai law recognizes several forms of wills. 
a. The customary form is one that requires it to be made in writing, dated and signed by the testator before at least two witnesses. The witnesses are also obliged to sign the will to certify the signature of the testator. Please be aware that persons who are deaf, dumb, insane or adjudged quasi-incompetent are not permitted to serve as witnesses.
b. The second form is called a holographic will wherein the testator in his own hand writes the entire will. In addition, the testator has to affix his signature and the date it was drafted.
c. The third one is a will made in a public document. The testator will declare in the presence of two witnesses and the Kromakarn Amphoe the supposed content of his will. The latter shall note down the declaration of the testator and thereafter read this note before the latter and the witnesses. After ascertaining that the note is in consonance with the declaration, the testator and the witnesses shall sign the note. The Kromakarn Amphoe shall then affix his signature and seal in the note. The note shall thereafter be deemed as the will of the testator.

pps: is it normal to leave an honorarium for the executor(s) about what?

Thanks v much

Edited by cheeryble