Weather Late Dec Early Jan

trales9

hi all your help is required ,arrive pattaya (first time)with my family me, wife ,two kids (17/19)wife is concerned about her suntan,so i need you to reasure her about the weather !will it be hot enough to tan ?we are staying near to the beach at the a-one royal cruise hotel that i believe has two pools to keep her happy while i sample the local beers look forward to all your replies and any other advice you may want to give me

ta/trales9 :o

A body tan does not depend on 'heat' rather Ultra Violet radiation and sunshine. If your wife has etiolated skin, then she will develop sunburn within thirty minutes on a cloudy day.

There has been some rain lately, but I am almost certain that there will be enough sunshine to develop a suntan. I recommend high factor tanning lotions.

A body tan does not depend on 'heat' rather Ultra Violet radiation and sunshine. If your wife has etiolated skin, then she will develop sunburn within thirty minutes on a cloudy day.

There has been some rain lately, but I am almost certain that there will be enough sunshine to develop a suntan. I recommend high factor tanning lotions.

thanks libya ,i forgot to add we arrive dec22depart jan 11

hi all your help is required ,arrive pattaya (first time)with my family me, wife ,two kids (17/19)wife is concerned about her suntan,so i need you to reasure her about the weather !will it be hot enough to tan ?we are staying near to the beach at the a-one royal cruise hotel that i believe has two pools to keep her happy while i sample the local beers look forward to all your replies and any other advice you may want to give me

ta/trales9 :o

...no worries trales she`ll be needing the factor 15.....plenty lotions available in the local supermarkets.

I'm sure Dec/Jan in Thailand will be hot and sunny as usual.

Then, last year was unusual. I was there 27 days, 20 days water in swimming pools was 18C, useless. (Water in Oslo bay, Norway, goes to 18-19C in their "high season".)

By the time the weather improved, whole family had cold & flu already so not much joy in the water. That cold that I fetched then followed me well into May this year, almost 5 months.

Gail winds forced all the boats to move from South Pattaya to Jomtien for shelter. Short sleeves were insufficient in the morning.

That is why I had to find some other whole day enteratinment for my kid...hence zoos, tiger zoo, underwater world, botanical garden, mini siam, believe it or not museum...and lots of shopping mall roaming.

Going again this year but 7 days only. If the weather repeats, 7 days is easier to bear than 27.

Somewhere in the archive (early Jan this year) should be that post with pictures.