One killed and 20 injured in two bomb blasts in Hua Hin

webfact

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Martial law in the south could make a difference. Mass arrests of Muslims, interrogation, prosecution, detention, courts, jail/capital punishment and/or expulsion, confiscation of anything of value including real estate for the payment to the victims of the crime committed by them, etc. Definitely army involvement in decisive way. 

Bomb in Trang yesterday and now Hua Hin. To me it has the signature of a more southern thing, yes speculation.

In Trang it was a so-called business dispute and in Hua Hin it is something like a personal dispute? 

One killed, 19 wounded from Hua Hin blasts

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 12 August 2016, (NNT) - Twin explosions last night in Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan province, killed a woman and wounded 19 other people. 

According to local authorities, the bombs were hidden in plant pots 50 meters apart and detonated by mobile phone signals within about 30 minutes of each other. 

Police said the woman who died was a street food vendor operating in the area, adding that eight foreign tourists and 11 Thais were wounded. 

The authorities are investigating the motive of the attack and have beefed up security following the incident. 

Earlier on the same day, another bombing incident was reported in the capital district of Trang province in the south, in which a man was was killed and five others were critically injured. Witnesses said a man was spotted leaving a package at the scene prior the incident. 

NBT-world will be updating the story as soon as more details become available.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-12

1 minute ago, Norvid said:

Martial law in the south could make a difference. Mass arrests of Muslims, interrogation, prosecution, detention, courts, jail/capital punishment and/or expulsion, confiscation of anything of value including real estate for the payment to the victims of the crime committed by them, etc. Definitely army involvement in decisive way. 

That seems to work good in Israel too. It might just make things a whole lot worse.

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

If and that is a very big IF this is a red-shirt thing, it would confirm everything I think about them and their supporters. But I am certainly not willing to blame them just yet. Far too early and in general they have not gone after tourists. So I doubt it I would feel its more likely it has something to do with the south though also that is not a clear connection.

I would tend to agree with that, also I doubt the reds (unless they have been getting schooled) have the expertise to carry out such a sophisticated attack. As for motive, well Thaksin certainly now has an axe to grind now that he realises he will never set foot in this country ever again except through a jail cell so he will now be prepared to cause as much trouble here as possible any way he can

It just doesn't feel like a redshirt/thaksin type deal to me, sounds more like an escalation of the deep south becoming not so deep south and trying to up the stakes

These devices were small and sophisticated likely about the size of 2x cig packs, they could have been placed over 24hrs before they were detonated and being so small extremely hard to spot.

In any event it is not good, people should be extremely vigilant and be quick to report if they see anything remotely suspicious.  

Tragic

RIP to the poor woman that was killed and hope those injured have a full and speedy recovery

Bombing in Thai seaside resort town kills 1 

BANGKOK (AP) — Police were searching Friday for clues to who set off two small bombs inThailand's popular seaside resort town of Hua Hin, leaving at least one person dead and 20 others injured.

Reports on the websites of the Thai Rath newspaper and other media said the bombs were hidden in planters Thursday night on a busy street with open-front bars. The victims included Thais and foreign tourists, whose nationalities were not immediately known, according to the reports.

The fatality was described as a female street food vendor. Several of the injured were in serious condition, the reports said.

The area is near many hotels and is popular with tourists.

It was not clear who was behind the attack, but the timing suggested it might be an effort to embarrass the military government that took power two years ago. Junta chief and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Wednesday night took credit for bringing stability back toThailand after an extended period of unrest.

The incident took place on the eve of the birthday of Queen Sirikit in a town where she and King Bhumibol Adulyadej maintain a summer palace. 

Prayuth's speech was to mark the success of a referendum Sunday that approved his government's proposed constitution that is supposed to lead to an election next year. Critics say it is undemocratic and is fashioned to keep the military in control for at least five more years even if a free election is held.

Another bombing took place earlier Thursday in the southern province of Trang, killing one person and injuring six, according to Thai press reports. It was unclear if it was related to the Hua Hin blasts.

Trang is on the fringes of Thailand's deep south, where a low-level Muslim separatist insurgency had killed more than 5,000 people since 2004. Almost all the violence has been in the three southernmost provinces, which Trang does not directly abut.

Thailand has been plagued by political violence, including several bombings, for much of the past decade.

Thaksin Shinawatra was ousted as prime minister in a 2006 military coup after demonstrations accused him of corruption, abuse of power and insulting King Bhumibol. His ouster set off sometimes bloody battles for power between his supporters and opponents, who include the military. His sister Yingluck Shinawatra, who became prime minister in 2011, was ousted in the 2014 army takeover.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-08-12

There was a fake bomb planted in Chaam last week just up the road from HH.

It makes me wonder if it was a trial run to check out the response from police/army.

Regardless, I hope they catch whoever these murdering criminals are quickly.

No matter what the motivation, there is no justification for killing some poor woman who was only trying to make a living and feed her family.

I wish the injured a full and speedy recovery.

3 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

What separates us from terrorists and what separates us from chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.

God speed their recovery and RIP

Correct, and you will be getting plenty more opportunities to exercise that ability

The situation was bad and getting worst before Saddam was removed by those two lying scumbags

Bush and Blair

Whatever Saddam was he did not  allow terrorists to exist in Iraq

A terminal mistake to threaten the worlds oil supply via Kuwait

Their action has greatly accelerated  the move to out and out chaos 

The phrase no hiding place springs to mind

They are now safely in their multi million dollar and pound ivory towers

We have to reap what they have sown

1 hour ago, NicciBobThai said:

I don't feel safe there anymore, I have a business in Hua Hin, althought most of the time I am not there, but with this happening I am strongly considering closing down shop. Surely this will impact the tourist season now and probably for a long time. Guess it's time to move on. No save place anymore.

No save place anymore."

Cya.

Any doubts I had about nutters on here have been erased.

Hang on it was Thaksin no no wait it could be Isis maybe but it could be southern insurgents yes but what about Yingluck it could be her yes that's it she's sending a message.

Life in cyberspace must be pretty lonely.

Im off to golf so enjoy you day.

by the way my monies on either the flying saucer temple or Abhisit no hang on it might have been Suthep by then again it could be.............

Sad.

Until its known "who" planted the bombs, and "why", everything is speculation !!! It could be the start of a massive big anti Gov campaign, a terrorist group, or maybe a local turf war over a noodle cart. And its possible we wont know.

2 minutes ago, The stuttering parrot said:

Hang on it was Thaksin no no wait it could be Isis maybe but it could be southern insurgents yes but what about Yingluck it could be her yes that's it she's sending a message.

by the way my monies on either the flying saucer temple or Abhisit no hang on it might have been Suthep by then again it could be.............

Sad.

So you blindly accept any Thai investigation. That will be a first in all topics you contest everything. have fun playing golf. 

3 hours ago, shirtless said:

You would think the military could stop or prevent this Thailand you can forget high season.

Yes of course the military can-----just like England military  could stop all the IRA bombs in the 70s--80s---90s-(Not) and how the UK military  stopped Buses being blown up in London , and bombing on the underground--- just like France military could stop their attacks......Just like Belgium military could stop theirs.....just Like the American military  could stop their attacks .

Shirtless nearly every single post you have is anti Thai........you must be a joy to be around .. but, isn't it starting to get. to get a little boring for you---? for us it is...............:coffee1:

Edited by oxo1947

Trang is on the fringes of Thailand's deep south, where a low-level Muslim separatist insurgency had killed more than 5,000 people since 2004. Almost all the violence has been in the three southernmost provinces, which Trang does not directly abut.

..... 5,000 is low level.......

Just read this in a newspaper:

'A local resident told police that he saw two foreigners riding a motorcycle around the area shortly before the two bombs went off. Police have checked footage from security cameras and saw the two men riding a motorcycle before the explosions happened.'

If I were a Burmese worker in the area, I would know what to do...

5 minutes ago, The stuttering parrot said:

Sad.

"Life in cyberspace must be pretty lonely."

And yet you took time to comment twice on the subject.

FOUR

Edited by Shot

I thought registering all our phones  ( and turning off all phones that didnt register ) was a way to safeguard against remote detonations...

God , dont tell me the bombers called long distance ???

That could be expensive !

Names of foreigners injured in Hua Hin blast released by authorities 

Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital:

1 .M. Yanzwam, Dutch man

Hua Hin Hospital:

1 Vriesema Michelle, Dutch woman

2 Josephine Elsabeth, Dutch woman

San Paolo Hua Hin Hospital

1 Hannah Sandra Liane Sopio, 17

2 Lorenzo Minoti, 21

3 Luisa Annett Anna Schiffmann, 19

4 Erica Vogel, 48

5 Addrea Tarrioli, 41

6 Sonata Bneno, 16

7 Rebecca Hollauf, 20

4 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Damn foriegners! Have you ever noticed how these bombs always go off where the foriegners are?

Dont worry the new compulsory SIM card tracking on all foriegn tourists will keep you safe.

They do have such incidents in other places, reported in Thai, in a thai newspaper. Unless a Thaivisa source thinks its news worthy and puts up a post, You are blissfully unaware of it.

1 minute ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes of course they can-----just like England military  could stop all the IRA bombs in the 70s---(Not) and how the UK military  stopped Buses being blown up in London , and bombing on the underground--- just like France military could stop their attacks......Just like Belgium military could stop .....just Like the American military  could stop their attacks .

Shirtless nearly every single post you have is anti Thai........you must be a joy to be around .. but, isn't it starting to get. to get a little boring for you---? for us it is...............:coffee1:

What's the difference between the UK military and the England ( sic ) military  ?

England doesn't have a military any more than any other constituent country that forms Britain.   Some regiments have roots in the 4 countries but that's it.

If you think that England and UK are one and the same you couldn't be more wrong.

Absolutely shocking ...Thai authorities can not dismiss three bombs in such a short period .

Cover ups won't do either.

More bombs mean .....high season is gone.

This is what happens when military take over and gaol people .

Civil unrest.

I fear this is the tip of the iceberg ...

And we will hear of much more horror in this junta run nation yet.