One killed and 20 injured in two bomb blasts in Hua Hin

webfact

1 minute ago, djjamie said:

Lets hope it is not the violent minority that are upset with the charter referendum results. They will certainly become even more of a minority if it is in fact them.

RIP to the victim and I hope the injured make a quick and full recovery. 

You've hot a mark here mate. The worrying thing is there is a few (or more) different factions that have reason to to do this. It's hard for the Cops to find who did it. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, djjamie said:

Lets hope it is not the violent minority that are upset with the charter referendum results. They will certainly become even more of a minority if it is in fact them.

Jesus Christ. This is just a game to you, isn't it?

3 hours ago, thai006 said:

i think so  queen birthday ,  King city  and after the sunday voting  really strange 

The 3 southern most provinces rejected the new constitution and this can be another message. The first two was not adhered to by the RTA. The first was an unexploded car bomb in Phuket in December 2013 and the second the car bomb in Samui which was quickly said to be political (meaning non deep south related). The terrorist have been saying and are now loudly saying that they can hit targets well outside their normal areas of operation. If I was betting man I would say BKK would be next. Huahin has a growing Muslim population, so have areas in BKK (like Minburi) and even as far north as Pai. With this growth in Muslim numbers outside the traditional Muslim areas there will be a stronger support base for these terrorist to operate from, so we could expect more attacks outside the unstable south.

5 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

Get off Thai Visa then and go run the countries security agencies.

People that say this when horrible things are happening are sick in the head.

..Yes ..you were wrong ...more explosions confirmed.

No one is sick ...it's happening ...

The responsible thing is warning people to keep abreast ...that's five explosions in 35 hours confirmed possibly more to come.

We are simply discussing the realities of this.

As concerning as it all is

1 minute ago, Plutojames88 said:

..Yes ..you were wrong ...more explosions confirmed.

No one is sick ...it's happening ...

The responsible thing is warning people to keep abreast ...that's five explosions in 35 hours confirmed possibly more to come.

We are simply discussing the realities of this.

As concerning as it all is

You are trying to place yourself as some sort of "expert" And you did it AGAIN in the highlighted area. Do you really think that people need to read your posts to keep their wits about the?

It's a sick way to try gain popularity.

Go away

Edited by Franky Bear

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you have no clue then read the post of plutojames a bit. Educate yourself before attacking me. (I have constantly said I dont think the reds did it) However your supporter seems to think they did it and revels in it. Posts unrelated pictures of the reds attacking. 

The photo was this .....

You seem a very dishonest person ...

does this look like a red attacking?

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, djjamie said:

I wonder if you can explain us which elements bring you to this bright conclusion.

58 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes of course the military can-----just like England military  could stop all the IRA bombs in the 70s--80s---90s-(Not) and how the UK military  stopped Buses being blown up in London , and bombing on the underground--- just like France military could stop their attacks......Just like Belgium military could stop theirs.....just Like the American military  could stop their attacks .

Shirtless nearly every single post you have is anti Thai........you must be a joy to be around .. but, isn't it starting to get. to get a little boring for you---? for us it is...............:coffee1:

He doesn't even live here !

He said in a post a few months ago that he left here, and moved to Cambodia !

update on the situation. My gf was worried and I convinced her to not go, she called a few work partners at her bank and many and their phones off which was weird, until she got through to one who said no need to go in today.. That bank at the market village opens on most national holidays as it is in the shopping mall. But yeah glad we do not need to leave the house. Stay safe everyone 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you have no clue then read the post of plutojames a bit. Educate yourself before attacking me. (I have constantly said I dont think the reds did it) However your supporter seems to think they did it and revels in it. Posts unrelated pictures of the reds attacking. 

I did read that post. I dismissed his post as an overreaction.  You're the one who started leaping to conclusions, designed to fit your agenda.

I'll repeat what I said to PlutoJames just for you:

"No it is not a war. 

It is a series of terrorist incident ,perpetrators as yet unknown and intentions or motives unknown.

If I had to hazard a guess I would suspect it spills over from the south - but it is purely a guess."

55 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

What's the difference between the UK military and the England ( sic ) military  ?

England doesn't have a military any more than any other constituent country that forms Britain.   Some regiments have roots in the 4 countries but that's it.

If you think that England and UK are one and the same you couldn't be more wrong.

NongkaiKid----I really do not want to get off subject------I quoted the England part because that's where the IRA bombs where aimed at......not Wales ---not Scotland---But OK....lets alter it....the UK military could not stop nearly 30 years of bomb attacks on the English part of the UK.

Hardly that important in the scheme of what is happening here, but if that makes you happy

4 hours ago, Lukecan said:

Doesn't look like an ISIS attack,  a lot of more people would of died if it was ISIS.

Reallly? You not been keeping up with the attacks in Europe then? Not all IS/ISIS attacks are done with bombs and assault weapons, they've used whatever means they have at their disposal, it's the INTENT that's there.

Just now, JAG said:

I did read that post. I dismissed his post as an overreaction.  You're the one who started leaping to conclusions, designed to fit your agenda.

I'll repeat what I said to PlutoJames just for you:

"No it is not a war. 

It is a series of terrorist incident ,perpetrators as yet unknown and intentions or motives unknown.

If I had to hazard a guess I would suspect it spills over from the south - but it is purely a guess."

If you seen all my post before and since.. I don't think the reds did it was clear about this. I even told him it was funny that i thought they did not do it but he as a supporter thought they did it and seemed to revel in it.  (he still does) With friends on your side like that who needs enemies. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

If you seen all my post before and since.. I don't think the reds did it was clear about this. I even told him it was funny that i thought they did not do it but he as a supporter thought they did it and seemed to revel in it.  (he still does) With friends on your side like that who needs enemies. 

i give up. I really do...

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Bombing in Thai seaside resort town kills 1 

BANGKOK (AP) — Two small bombs exploded Thursday night in Thailand's popular seaside resort town of Hua Hin, leaving at least one person dead and 20 others injured, according to Thai media.

Reports on the websites of the Thai Rath newspaper and other media said the bombs were hidden in planters on a busy street with open-front bars. The victims include Thais and foreign tourists, whose nationalities were not immediately known, according to the reports.

The fatality was described as a female street food vendor, and some reports said a second person had died.

It was not clear who was behind the attack, but the timing suggested it might be an effort to embarrass the military government that took power two years ago. Junta chief and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha on Wednesday night took credit for bringing stability back toThailand after an extended period of unrest.

The incident took place on the eve of the birthday of Queen Sirikit in a town where she and King Bhumibol Adulyadej maintain a summer palace. 

Prayuth's speech was to mark the success of a referendum on Sunday that approved his government's proposed new constitution that is supposed to lead to an election next year. Critics of the charter say it is undemocratic and was fashioned to keep the military in control for at least five more years even if a free election is held.

Another bombing took place earlier Thursday in the southern province of Trang, killing one person and injuring six, according to Thai press reports. It was unclear if it was related to the Hua Hin blasts.

Trang is on the fringes of Thailand's deep south, where a low-level Muslim separatist insurgency had killed more than 5,000 people since 2004. Almost all the violence has been in the three southernmost provinces, which Trang does not directly abut.

Thailand has been plagued by political violence, including several bombings, for much of the past decade.

Thaksin Shinawatra was ousted as prime minister in a 2006 military coup after demonstrations accused him of corruption, abuse of power and insulting King Bhumibol. His ouster set off sometimes bloody battles for power between his supporters and opponents, who include the military. His sister Yingluck Shinawatra, who became prime minister in 2011, was ousted in the 2014 army takeover.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-08-12

a series of explosions said to be detonated by a mobile phone. goes to show how intricate the operation has become and tracking become more difficult due to use of remote devices.

56 minutes ago, Plutojames88 said:

It is clear now it's a war .

Bombs going off everywhere on a particular day?

This is your third post in a short period of time talking about civil war.

Not only are you being alarmist but you actually come across as hoping it will happen. 

I'm sure you don't but that's just how it comes across. 

8 minutes ago, nausea said:

If this is the Southern insurgency spreading it's wings the tourist industry is screwed. 

It's not going to do it any favours. But, i always feel humans as a whole give the middle finger to terror. We had the Irish doing it to us in the UK for decades but never let the scum grind us down or stop us going about our daily lives.

Naturally it will put off some, but over all, i think most won't care. 

But, with everything else that is going on in Thailand, this does not do it any favours and will help make the decision about going elsewhere. But not the defining decision.

2 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

You are trying to place yourself as some sort of "expert" And you did it AGAIN in the highlighted area. Do you really think that people need to read your posts to keep their wits about the?

It's a sick way to try gain popularity.

Go away

Of the various possibilities, given the timing and the location, it could be someone trying to say 'We can get at you wherever we choose'.

Could be unrelated to Thaksin, but could easily be related. He isn't the brightest star in the sky but even he must have woken up to find what's happening to Thailand wasn't a nightmare at all, but real. If he still gives a damn that is and I wouldn't, but then I'm not addicted to face or revenge as the Chinese are.

If it is the beginnings of a more widespread campaign, we can all look forward to an extended period of violence. It won't be incidents every day, or in predictable locations - that would just foster predictability. It will be seemingly random days and locations, and will quite quickly spread to military presences, wether camps or lone soldiers in the streets, though that may be an outside bet given the number of Isaan;'s children in the military 'other ranks'. It is also likely to spread quite quickly to Bangkok.

The fat lady is singing, but to be honest, that may be separate, even though all things are related to some extent. If this is the beginnings of a campaign then it is sooner than I expected, mainly because a campaign needs time to plan and prepare resources. If this is indeed such, then the planning must have been going on for some time, and I've been getting nothing but silence on that matter. perhaps that in itself is an indication...

We will all have to wait and see I suppose, but I do know that a considerable effort has been going into preparing the Thai population psychologically for an entry into armed conflict, and that's been ongoing pretty much since the military took over. 

To be clear (and if anyone cares), I don't know if this is related to the South of Thailand, the the reds or to local mafias, however 1 bomb then more in the same locality isn't a good sign.

What I do know is I've been predicting a civil war for 2 years. This may be unrelated, it's all a bit early to tell what it is.

Winnie

The fat lady *is* singing.

4 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

It's not going to do it any favours. But, i always feel humans as a whole give the middle finger to terror. We had the Irish doing it to us in the UK for decades but never let the scum grind us down or stop us going about our daily lives.

Naturally it will put off some, but over all, i think most won't care. 

But, with everything else that is going on in Thailand, this does not do it any favours and will help make the decision about going elsewhere. But not the defining decision.

Where is "going elsewhere" Alaska, The Isle of Jute?

2 minutes ago, Nicolas32 said:

i would not be to surprised if this is related to the gang who beat up that family a few months ago .. and all got a lengthy jail term for the attacking the couple and son .. 

I would be scared to take another hit from the stuff you smoke...