Hua Hin bomb blasts: Thailand on high alert - Interior Ministry issues wide ranging directives throughout country

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

Now, who is doing this?

Seen the bombings in the rest of the world, I'd say 85% chance these are some more manifestations in the name of the religion of peace.

However, seen the outcome of the referendum my money goes to another group, being angry, out of spite, and to give the government a bloody nose, decided to do something which most certainly will not help.

Depending on the reaction of the government it might backfire.

Very often the strategy is to provoke the authorities to respond with brutality and restrictions on people's movements/freedoms. That can lead to inspiring resentment among people who otherwise would be content with the government. Another purpose is to show people that the government is not able to guarantee security. At least that's the traditional strategy from the second half of the 20th Century. The bombings in the South have not seemed to follow this strategy, and it's really not clear what their purpose is supposed to be.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

Apparently there's been a controlled explosion at the railway station (from a mate in the area via his Facebook page).

It could be a ruse. A Black Flag attempt to discredit Opposition Groups. Like the 1939 supposed Polish attack on a German Radio Station, Or the Gulf of Tonkin Incident or more recently the Ukrainian incursion into Crimea? What better reason to further purge your opponents. Blame Yingluck

1 hour ago, Acharn said:

Very often the strategy is to provoke the authorities to respond with brutality and restrictions on people's movements/freedoms. That can lead to inspiring resentment among people who otherwise would be content with the government. Another purpose is to show people that the government is not able to guarantee security. At least that's the traditional strategy from the second half of the 20th Century. The bombings in the South have not seemed to follow this strategy, and it's really not clear what their purpose is supposed to be.

I"m still digesting this, but i know, theres some truth there

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope because it will only start the left wing/liberal/biased to the whatever side debate.

Let's just say they don't take sides, are honest, do not have an agenda outside of getting to the truth and have had a leading role in reporting on slavery in a place near us.

Will say this though, it's not AP...

Pathetic believer. 

9 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope because it will only start the left wing/liberal/biased to the whatever side debate.

Let's just say they don't take sides, are honest, do not have an agenda outside of getting to the truth and have had a leading role in reporting on slavery in a place near us.

Will say this though, it's not AP...

7 hours ago, The manic said:

Border line illiterate crass nonsense. You should be ashamed of your self.

Still in denial

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/24/three-children-killed-thai-violence

15 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Then again I only read news media that value truth, honesty and integrity. 

What news media is that?  I thought they valued clicks and ad views.  

On 12/08/2016 at 8:01 PM, Bluespunk said:

Wow 10 hours to come up with that?

You should do stand up. 

No. My life doesn't revolve around TV 24x7x365 - you should do stand ups more regularly.  Sure would improve your quality of life. 

Edited by ravip

27 minutes ago, ravip said:

No. My life doesn't revolve around TV 24x7x365 - you should do stand ups more regularly.  Sure would improve your quality of life. 

Ooh, burn. Such devastating wit, my ribs are cracking under the explosive guffawing wracking my body...

Edited by Bluespunk