Thai drama! 7-11 manageress stands up to irate cop

webfact

Thai drama! 7-11 manageress stands up to irate cop

p5.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A video of a policeman and a 7-11 manageress having an argument over the right to search has been viewed almost half a million times on Youtube.

The altercation - that lasts over seven minutes - is believed to have taken place at a 7 - 11 in the south of Thailand, reported Sanook. It was posted by "Funlol" and is titled as "Police versus Staff - who is right and who is wrong?"

The combatants are revealed as the manageress of the branch and a man who says he is "Sergeant Ton".

The sergeant wants to check the driver's license of someone who is out back in the shop but the manageress is reluctant to let him. He says he is a policeman investigating a crime while the manageress questions what he is doing. 

The clip ends with the woman saying it was not a serious matter - just a case of someone not wearing a helmet.

Many people commented on the video - some felt that the manageress should have let him carry out his duty without hindrance while others felt the cop should have been more polite and been a bit more "jai yen" (calm).

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

Perhaps a warrant to enter private premises and demand access to an individual there might have helped his cause rather than yelling his demands.     

May be hard to obtain a warrant to chase someone accused of riding a motorcycle without a helmet.... but you never know I guess!

Kudos to the manageress for standing up to the arrogant prick.

If he really wanted to top up his quota and bust someone for not wearing a helmet, he could have stood outside the 7-11 and probably nailed a dozen in the time it took to argue with her.

Edited by bino

In another news story today a man wearing a full face motorcycle helmet robbed a bank. Perhaps there is a law that people -elevenmust hide their faces with a helmet when entering a business premise and the man in the 7-eleven violated this law.

Jeez, not often a Thai female stands up to the male in such a fashion, and a rozzer at that! I'm in awe of this woman. But she's caused him to lose face, and that's a serious mistake when dealing with unpredictable Thai men - surely there'll be retribution?

2 hours ago, bino said:

Kudos to the manageress for standing up to the arrogant prick.

If he really wanted to top up his quota and bust someone for not wearing a helmet, he could have stood outside the 7-11 and probably nailed a dozen in the time it took to argue with her.

yes, courageous manager, but vengeance is a cold dish !!! It would not surprise me to have more news (bad news) about the manager in a near future. loss of face is a hard thing to cope with for people (Cops) with fragile egos !!!

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

He does seem a little OTT......maybe it had been a bad day for him..........:coffee1:

as soon as he is denied access then it is loss of face, she should have told him to leave or she would call the police to have him removed..unbelievable the attitude of some of these abusive thugs.

I wonder what the real reason was that he wanted access......do they sell "tea" in 7/11

gota hand it to the manager for standing her ground 

1 hour ago, Thian said:

So mummy protected her son who drove motocy without helmet?

Who knows what else her son did? 

Finally we have a persistent policeman who does his job, let him come to BKK please.:thumbsup:

Um, where does it say the the person is a boy, or where does it say the person was her son, geez, why do some people just make things up, so they can say something, personally, I think she was hiding one of the bombers, but hey, I could be wrong, but at least it's a better story than  yours.

26 minutes ago, Rorri said:

Um, where does it say the the person is a boy, or where does it say the person was her son, geez, why do some people just make things up, so they can say something, personally, I think she was hiding one of the bombers, but hey, I could be wrong, but at least it's a better story than  yours.

I don't care if it's a he or a she was hiding for the police and what he or she did. 

Fact is that the police ordered her to do something which she refused. He was investigating something and on duty.

I don't see what he did wrong, he was still polite and shouldn't start such long discussions. If he has no right to arrest in a shop then he should leave and tell his boss about it. 

If he has the right to arrest then just do it, don't let a lady stop you.

He was doing his job , and the girl would not listen . He was talking polite to her and telling her the law . . In Aus they would just take the man away and if someone tried to help him they would be charged too. if they suspect a person driving without a license they would just arrest him no mater where he was . She asked him why does she have to wear a helmet????

1 hour ago, Thian said:

So mummy protected her son who drove motocy without helmet?

Who knows what else her son did? 

Finally we have a persistent policeman who does his job, let him come to BKK please.:thumbsup:

Fianally some one sees the real truth , he done his job.

16 minutes ago, Thian said:

I don't care if it's a he or a she was hiding for the police and what he or she did. 

Fact is that the police ordered her to do something which she refused. He was investigating something and on duty.

I don't see what he did wrong, he was still polite and shouldn't start such long discussions. If he has no right to arrest in a shop then he should leave and tell his boss about it. 

If he has the right to arrest then just do it, don't let a lady stop you.

exactly, laws are laws and there is a set protocol to follow

if he could enter the premises he would have

but he couldnt and he knew it

you say you do not see what he did wrong

but then state

If he has no right to arrest in a shop then he should leave and tell his boss about it

he asked, she refused, he should leave and return with a warrant, plain and simple.

if he did not need a warrant he would not need to ask her permission.

Police are not in place to "order" people to do what they want.

it does not look like he was in pursuit, or part of a road checkpoint, as he is alone.

(if in pursuit no warrant or permission is needed)

he also seems a bit worked up for just no helmet.

Edited by mki8

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another smart a..e cop, who thinks he can demand what he wants.

It would have been so easy for him to ask, say please!!!! so sorry Thais never say please.

I say it all the time.  Karuna khup.  Talk about confusion or mostly totally ignored.  I've asked different people at different times why No one says it.  Never have gotten an answer.  I just keep saying it and watch the show.

3 hours ago, Navalator said:

Tis bully cop is totally out of control.  What a terrible example of Thai police behavior.  He does not deserve to wear a badge and carry a gun.  He is a disgrace to his uniform.  Let's hope that he does not get away with this.

What a typical example of Thai police behavior.

His uniform is a badge and symbol of disgrace.  

Of course he will get away with this