Thai police arrest two men after deadly bomb blasts

rooster59

2 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Nice post. Tripe from start to finish, but a better class of tripe than most of the other junta trolls can aspire to.

I particularly liked the bit about Thais not being stupid and the bit about restoring peace and stability. 

Winnie

Unwarranted slur: "Junta Troll"? You obviously didn't read my post. Only scanned it Winnie. Naughty boy.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, ianf said:

Unwarranted slur: "Junta Troll"? You obviously didn't read my post. Only scanned it Winnie. Naughty boy.

Well, after your stinging comment, and after sitting on the naughty step for a while, I reconsidered and re-read your post.

Sadly, it didn't improved with age, it's still tripe.

Guess I'm just a naughty boy... but there is a bright side; I'm not easily fooled.

Winnie

2 hours ago, tuanku said:

Scene in a Hua Hin beer bar

Enters large elderly Australian wearing "Bike for Dad" t-shirt and hat with corks;

"G'day, cobbers, my names Jamie and I support the Bombers"

Stunned silence.

Lol.... I'd like to see that at an airport!

On August 13, 2016 at 9:50 AM, chainarong said:

Quit frankly the whole episode has been handled shoddy , on the OZ TV the reporter is saying the police knew of impending attacks but didn't know where , fair enough,  however  they said nothing,  not even a warning to everybody to be awhere that attacks may take place ,this would not prevent injuries , but it would have indicated the Junta had everyone's welfare as a  priority ,  this is not good , and it is evident that the Junta will do anything to preserve the tourist industry at any cost................................................:coffee1:

It would be safe to say that only a very small percentage of people believe that the military EVER had the welfare and safety of the public as a priority. And many who believed that in the beginning are now realizing that was never the case. It is a bit like saying Obama was serious about developing a green energy industry in the US, or the Yingbat was serious about fixing the flooding issues, or Trump is serious about sticking up for the little guy. They are all phony. 

On August 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Holy Cinema said:

The sooner authorities stop downplaying this as an act of terrorism, the more credibility they will garner, they did the same with the Erwan bombing.

The act and intent is what makes it Terrorism, regardless of whom carried the attacks out.

They just won't admit to it being terrorism, it's the one thing everyone who is contributing to such threads agree on.....it's Terrorism, no need to try and dismiss it as anything else, it makes you look foolish, and clueless.

In terms of pure semantics, it could be said to be terrorism. But, the authorities are making an important distinction. It appears to most definitely not be ISIS inspired, nor does it appear to have anything to do with the southern insurgents. It does appear to have been done by factions displeased with the heinous charter referendum, and vote, and perhaps the extreme lack of discussion that was allowed. That is an important distinction. It is quite necessary for people to realize there is a lot of dissatisfaction out there, despite the attempts on the part of the army to put a pleasant spin on daily life here, their insistence that everyone is super happy, and content with their lot in life, and the nonsensical jawboning over moving the country forward, when most realize anything but that is taking place.