Condemning Attacks, Amnesty Calls On Govt To Take The High Road

rooster59

Condemning Attacks, Amnesty Calls On Govt To Take The High Road

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

amnesty.jpg

BANGKOK — Amnesty International condemned the wave of bomb attacks which killed four people and injured at least 30 others in Thailand as a flagrant disregard of life, and called on the military government to measure its response mindful of its obligations under international human rights law.

The statement issued Friday night by Champa Patel, a senior research adviser for Amnesty’s regional office, seemed in response to past high-profile investigations which have become discredited by accusations of torture and lack of due process.

Read: Mother’s Day Attacks: Bombs Hit 5 Thai Provinces, Killing 4

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/08/13/condemning-attacks-amnesty-calls-govt-take-high-road/

Khaosod English - 2016-08-13

"Amnesty International" which openly and repeatedly lies that it is "not" funded by governments despite receiving cash from the US, UK, and EU now and predictably comes out with this.

Amnesty International really should stop its politically motivated meddling and start to address all human rights advocacy. It has made an utter mockery of human rights, using it to shield those who have trampled it most in Thailand, and against those attempting to restore order and stability.

No condemning of the dead and maimed in Thailand in 2014 including the innocent women and children that died. Not a word condemning that. 

US state department run hypocrites. 

4 minutes ago, kevc said:

So straight away their sticking up for the bombers rights.

Please read the full article. The AI adviser is quoted as saying,

“Nothing can justify intentionally carrying out indiscriminate attacks, which disregard the basic right to life. These acts of violence show utter contempt for human rights.”

27 minutes ago, djjamie said:

"Amnesty International" which openly and repeatedly lies that it is "not" funded by governments despite receiving cash from the US, UK, and EU now and predictably comes out with this.

Amnesty International really should stop its politically motivated meddling and start to address all human rights advocacy. It has made an utter mockery of human rights, using it to shield those who have trampled it most in Thailand, and against those attempting to restore order and stability.

No condemning of the dead and maimed in Thailand in 2014 including the innocent women and children that died. Not a word condemning that. 

:blink::):D:lol::w00t::clap2::cheesy:

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

utter nonsense

2 hours ago, djjamie said:

Good boy. Now it's time to get back in line for another cup of Kool-Aid.

Edited by Hayduke

If Amnesty International wants to be seem as legitimate and balanced, they would be condemning these acts outright and back the government/s in bringing these murder's to trail and to suffer the laws of the country what ever they might be, not be bloody bleeding hearts and crying about what each country should do -- not their business.

Ok, if someone has been  unfairly treated, trailed, imprisoned they could have a reason to wave their flag and demand justice, retrial or whatever.

1 hour ago, brain150 said:

Actually it's pretty true ... amnesty international is far from being independent or unpolitical at all

Is there such a thing as independence or a so called organization that is not tainted by politics anymore, apart from the UN off course :gigglem:

5 hours ago, djjamie said:

Amnesty International" which openly and repeatedly lies that it is "not" funded by governments despite receiving cash from the US, UK, and EU.

What is the issue. It is true. FACTS show it to be. Not just the link below, but every direction one looks to.

http://www.ngo-monitor.org/reports/breaking_its_own_rules_amnesty_s_gov_t_funding_and_researcher_bias/

Now I have provided FACTS to support my comments. I would appreciate anyone that can provide evidence of Amnesty International condemning the violence perpetrated by the previous govt and condemning them for not arresting, a single UDD  terrorist under their watch . Anyone? No? Of course not. It does not suit the current agenda that some are trying so hard to push.

Just belittle me with one word quips and mojos due to a frustration of an inability to provide your own FACTS?

Of course I will not resort to mojo's or quips or condescension because I have facts to back me up and besides I appreciate all view points without the need to disrespect esteemed forum members that are entitled to their view. This is why I love TVF.

Have a lovely evening all.

Edited by djjamie

5 hours ago, djjamie said:

Amnesty International lies are no different to the Essendon Football team lies after it was found out that djjamie's beloved team was on performance enhancing drugs for many years. The truth will always out as it did in Essendon's case.

42 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Amnesty International lies are no different to the Essendon Football team lies after it was found out that djjamie's beloved team was on performance enhancing drugs for many years. The truth will always out as it did in Essendon's case.

Great post and I appreciate your view point.

I would love to discuss this in the appropriate forum. The being a sports forum. And not the politics forum.

Have a great day my friend.

I love TVF for the varied view points.

I thank the mods and the members for making this a great forum.

A bit less condescension would be good, but I love the differing view points and respect all members ideals without disrespecting or attacking their posts.

I hope minority supporters that are bitter can say the same.

35 minutes ago, djjamie said:

I love TVF for the varied view points.

I thank the mods and the members for making this a great forum.

A bit less condescension would be good, but I love the differing view points and respect all members ideals without disrespecting or attacking their posts.

I hope minority supporters that are bitter can say the same.

The balls on that guy- big like Jupiter!