Can I get the next extension based on WP? I'm currently on marriage

I am currently on a marriage extension that expires in October. However, this year I obtained a WP (valid until July 2017).

Given the amount of hassle that is to get another marriage extension, I was thinking of getting the next extension based on my WP.

Is that possible without leaving the country? If yes, would it be valid for a year (till oct/17) or until the WP expires (Jul/17)?

I think you will find that getting an extension based upon working will be more of a hassle and will require more paperwork than one based upon marriage. You will also need to prove 50k baht income, There is the same 30 day under consideration period as marriage also at most offices.

Required documents from Bangkok immigration website:  extension based upon working .pdf

You could change from an extension based upon marriage to one for working without needing another visa.

• Like 2

Based on work will require input from your employer, also, if you terminate working your extension expires the same day. Keeping the marriage extension based on either income or savings will run regardless if you leave work. You may find your your 2nd extension on marriage slightly easier as witness or home visit should not be required

Edited by baansgr