How many western man live in thailand and are happy

georgemandm

2 hours ago, mihalis said:

Thai Visa, i joined a few years back, not one person i know personally in Thailand, uses it, well, a few tried, and found as i have, many who are on this site, are bitter farangs, blaming Thais for their own mess..

The op who started this, stated his mate lost 700 thousand dollars to a Thai lady, well, his mate is the only one to  blame.. I also know more western men, whos western wives have taken them thru the ringer.. 

When I started it ok it was not about my mate one f??? Wit on here started going on about something else ok .

and yes my mate is very stupid I know that but he is one of  thousands .

yes very true western woman take you for a ride but most western woman put in to the  marriage ok .

not like thai woman .

you say bitter western man blam Thais for there mess yes very true, but lots of Thais are out to suck the men in from the start and that is not right and yes the man should know better but we all lean from or mistake like you like me .

most western woman don't get in to a relationship to get there man for the money .

lots of Thais do .

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

We don't get many western couples on this forum, it's true. This thread alone should give you some idea why.

George, most Thai women don't either.. Your obviously in bars to much ! You could state Russian do the same ! 

9 hours ago, georgemandm said:

So your some doctor on English are you so what if I am not that good at English dose that make you better then me I think not .

so you think I am to lazy to tell you , not at all I just ask the question to T V ok .

and as I said it would take days to reply lots of shit here that is no good but I don't care I just come and go to thailand.

The last thing is your are not my mate and you would never ever be my mate because I know your are a Pom .

Well, you mention Australia. We use "mate", mate. (I'm an Australian, mate)

It was an honest observation that going by your spelling and grammar you don't appear to be a native English speaker. As you should know there is a huge immigrant population living in Australia.

Edited by tropo

On 8/21/2016 at 10:41 PM, tropo said:

There you go... you basically love Thailand because it's corrupt and you can drive dangerously whenever you like.

There are times when I miss living in a NANNY STATE. Times when people run red lights, speed and generally drive dangerously. You should be careful - if you have an accident there's a good chance you could perish, whereas back at home you may have survived. You better off getting tickets and good medical attention when you crash

Sorry - but I refuse to argue with you :)

Drive safely :wai:

On 8/21/2016 at 10:41 PM, tropo said:

There you go... you basically love Thailand because it's corrupt and you can drive dangerously whenever you like.

There are times when I miss living in a NANNY STATE. Times when people run red lights, speed and generally drive dangerously. You should be careful - if you have an accident there's a good chance you could perish, whereas back at home you may have survived. You better off getting tickets and good medical attention when you crash.

Have a nice trip back Dorothy - sorry you wasted your time here.....Don't let the door hit your Ruby slippers on the way out....

Edited by pgrahmm
autocorrect isn't

On 8/22/2016 at 2:45 AM, georgemandm said:

When I started it ok it was not about my mate one f??? Wit on here started going on about something else ok .

and yes my mate is very stupid I know that but he is one of  thousands .

yes very true western woman take you for a ride but most western woman put in to the  marriage ok .

not like thai woman .

you say bitter western man blam Thais for there mess yes very true, but lots of Thais are out to suck the men in from the start and that is not right and yes the man should know better but we all lean from or mistake like you like me .

most western woman don't get in to a relationship to get there man for the money .

lots of Thais do .

Are you confident about your penultimate sentence? I think Thai ladies are actually quite open about their desires and expectations. All the warning signs are there!

With regard to Western women take a look at a few Western dating sites. Look at the number insisting their man must have 'own house, own car etc. Western women who are earning well will be seeking a man who is earning better! Do you know any Western women married to or cohabiting with a poorer man?  I don't.

As for Western women putting into a marriage i had 2 wives from the UK. Neither could cook, both wanted to stop working when the kids were born. So i get home from work have to cook for wife and kids and then expected to put kids to bed. And of course i am expected to earn maximum possible amount of money but still be at work for the shortest possible number of hours so i can help with the chores and the kids.  After it all goes horribly wrong and the marriage dissolves then compare the greed of a Western woman against the greed of a Thai woman. 

7 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Are you confident about your penultimate sentence? I think Thai ladies are actually quite open about their desires and expectations. All the warning signs are there!

With regard to Western women take a look at a few Western dating sites. Look at the number insisting their man must have 'own house, own car etc. Western women who are earning well will be seeking a man who is earning better! Do you know any Western women married to or cohabiting with a poorer man?  I don't.

As for Western women putting into a marriage i had 2 wives from the UK. Neither could cook, both wanted to stop working when the kids were born. So i get home from work have to cook for wife and kids and then expected to put kids to bed. And of course i am expected to earn maximum possible amount of money but still be at work for the shortest possible number of hours so i can help with the chores and the kids.  After it all goes horribly wrong and the marriage dissolves then compare the greed of a Western woman against the greed of a Thai woman. 

Maybe they are quite open about their desires and expectations but so many men choose to ignore the flags.

"Love will come eventually" says the ageing bison even as his young teerak grimaces each time he tries to slip his tongue into her mouth during moments of "passion".

Millions of Western women who earn well place no importance on their partners earning more than they do - things have moved on since your heyday, mate. Before moving here, I lived with an attractive Western woman more than 10 years my junior who earned more than GBP200K a year as a senior consultant for a legal headhunter. 

As for your own experiences with women in the UK, clearly you chose unwisely

Conscious we may be a bit off topic re Western men being happy in Thailand but i don't like the concept of the man as breadwinner either and would like to see it change. Regrettably i feel that there are still greater expectations re earning potential on young men than young women. I have a daughter 25 and son 23 so i am not completely out of touch.

15 minutes ago, rogeroc said:

Amen to that rogeroc ^. I have a friends that started using dating sites in the US as they simply didn't have time to meet women and the ones they did meet had tons of baggage . Anyway a few of them showed me the site and and wanted my opinion on what I thought of the ones that were filtered out and deemed and good match to their profile. The women's expectations were astonishing. Some were down right rude. They put a comment at the end of the profile do not bother contacting me unless you make $150K or more, own a house and dress nice, know how to pamper a woman and like to eat out all the time. I used to laugh pretty hard. All my friends are quite envious of my life and relationship I have with my wife here in Thailand. In fact one of my wife's friends is quite attractive and asked me to connect her with one of my friends back in the US. She says she just wants a mature nice man. 

This is why I just sit back and laugh at all the whingers on this site when they go on about how greedy and shallow Thai women are. Women want the same thing everywhere in the world. So I say find a place and a gal that makes you happy and run with it.

As for your own experiences with women in the UK, clearly you chose unwisely

•  

Yes AS i agree with you there i made poor choices. However and back to subject if i had made better choices i doubt that i would be in the great position of freedom that i have now living primarily in Thailand as a happy Western man without a permanent partner. I have made my mistakes between ages 20 to 44, i surely won't be making any more.

15 minutes ago, Agent Sumo said:

Millions of Western women who earn well place no importance on their partners earning more than they do - things have moved on since your heyday, mate. Before moving here, I lived with an attractive Western woman more than 10 years my junior who earned more than GBP200K a year as a senior consultant for a legal headhunter. 

I am still in the UK quite a bit and as i say i have kids of 25 and 23 so i am not completely out of touch. I very much question your first sentence. 3rd wave women's liberation has i believe led to an increase in a young women's expectations of a partner, not a decrease. I doubt your personal experience is the norm!

I think maybe it's a generational thing? The idea of the man as the breadwinner is a little old fashioned these days. Most couples I know work on a much more equal basis.

But in Thailand where many men have a Thai wife, it is far more likely that the man's earnings will be substantially higher, if the woman works at all.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:59 PM, Scotwight said:

Is it really time for another Farang thread?  Isn't there like 10,000 of them in the archives?  There is the Farang thread and the Swastika thread and the Sinsot thread and.......

Yeah well wanted to know why " he " didn't like it and why on earth can it be racist.

20 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

But in Thailand where many men have a Thai wife, it is far more likely that the man's earnings will be substantially higher, if the woman works at all.

I get the impression for some, part of the attraction is coming to a place where times haven't moved on so confusingly from the values they're used to.

I get the impression for some, part of the attraction is coming to a place where times haven't moved on so confusingly from the values they're used to.

I get the impression loads of the under 50s men come here for the patriarchal lifestyle they weren't able to command back home

5 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

But i thought they had moved on from what you often quote, or is that just your little local environment?

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 4:31 PM, SoiBiker said:

I generally keep my pants on in a taxi.

Nice to see you are keeping with Thai law SB, I never wear underpants here, but again I never travel in taxis, they are driven by crooks and cheats, though I suppose you may get the odd decent one.

8 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

Sadly, I'm sure you'll still be able to find some place where you don't have to treat women as your equal.

Always a pleasure to read your comments. Men and women have different roles, when both embrace their role within the family unit, it's a wondrous thing. We're very much equal.