Spokesperson says PM is not on Facebook, asks social media to stop sharing false information

webfact

Spokesperson says PM is not on Facebook, asks social media to stop sharing false information

fb.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 August 2016 (NNT) – The government spokesperson, Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkumnerd, has urged people on social media to stop sharing messages from a Facebook page many believe belongs to Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha. 

The spokesperson said the prime minister is not on Facebook and there is no way that he would send important messages through an online channel. He said the Facebook page that is being shared on social media has no connection with the Thai Premier. 

He then asked social media users receiving a link to this page not to share it with others, as it could damage the country’s credibility. 

The spokesperson suspected that people responsible for this page probably made their assumptions based on their personal beliefs and emotions, and that the views expressed on this page are not shared by the prime minister.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-15

Way to go, advertise the page and encourage people to do exactly the opposite you ask.  As for damaging the countries credibility I think Prayuth and his regime have done a splendid job of that already.  They still aren't recognised as a legitimate  government and junta members still can't go to countries like Australia.

https://www.facebook.com/moorpuk/

Edited by Thechook

"Could damage the country's credibility."    Seriously?  Sorry, but THAT ship sailed a loooong time ago.

It is spokespersons like this, that are damaging the country's credibility.  That and a self appointed dictator.

'  Make assumptions based on personal beliefs and emotions  '  and that's something the PM would never do especially the emotions aspect as he's always so cool,   calm and collected and never acts irrationally or in a threatening or bullying manner  !    :gigglem:

21 minutes ago, bobbymack said:

"not to share the false facebook page link" he says, as it "could damage the countries credibility". That is hysterical. Wouldn't have thought it could get any worse.

I pressed the like button on his page and shared it just because he said not to.

Funny people are the Thai people, when they have good and honest PM's they don't last

and quickly replaced, than you've got the crocked ones, who either quickly toppled or do a runner,

than you have the army PM, while the economy is nothing to right home about, at least

there's a boss who seems to be honest and strait forward and acting like a boss to keep the people at check and controlled, while keeping things in order and steady,  and even that is not good enough, Thai people are funny that way....

I believe the spokesman asked that people quit reading The Onion as it is not an official newspaper regardless of how difficult it is to tell the difference.  

Are you sure its not his page? I looked at it with Google translate and its sounds just like him! Clear, meaningful and perceptive!

See for yourself;

"The Cover of another king in my head in the water (Foster Dealing with the vīrya believer benefit both the stairs, that old.. General Civil Society and the country the entire development life and quality of life for a better general health health strong, educated patriotism popular country. The Art of Thai culture and sharing natural resource conservation and the environment, I might make a turban and the giant in the south to beg your indulgence in spite of stamped inside mass in people is to be there, you will receive the proclaims the praise. To spread throughout the cordata governance ' Compass The Prestige Pokklaw Cover I the ready, your majesties? and who live under the pho carnal janitor all along. "

But who is the carnal janitor?

6 hours ago, Thechook said:

They still aren't recognized as a legitimate  government and junta members still can't go to countries like Australia.

I think that ANY country that accepts and/or has dealings with this illegal military government should be ashamed of themselves as it gives the world the impression that taking over a country illegally by the use of force is quite acceptable. I cannot understand why no sanctions were imposed from the beginning, why Thai illegal government army officials are allowed to travel to just about any country when there is ample evidence of mistreatment and human rights abuses done by the army government.  Unfortunately all this acceptability and only hot-air verbal watered down protests by the west has given the military mob more power because they realize that the western governments are basically just paper tigers with no guts for a fight.

Here's a good example of someone who is absolutely beneath contempt. Anyone who lies on behalf of other people for a living is no better than a dog. Anyone who carefully conceives and delivers lies to maximise the number of dullards who believe them is even worse. This guy should go out and kill himself immediately.

Winnie

59 minutes ago, Hawk said:

I think that ANY country that accepts and/or has dealings with this illegal military government should be ashamed of themselves as it gives the world the impression that taking over a country illegally by the use of force is quite acceptable. I cannot understand why no sanctions were imposed from the beginning, why Thai illegal government army officials are allowed to travel to just about any country when there is ample evidence of mistreatment and human rights abuses done by the army government.  Unfortunately all this acceptability and only hot-air verbal watered down protests by the west has given the military mob more power because they realize that the western governments are basically just paper tigers with no guts for a fight.

Absolutely agree. Well said.

Winnie

1 hour ago, tuanku said:

Are you sure its not his page? I looked at it with Google translate and its sounds just like him! Clear, meaningful and perceptive!

See for yourself;

"The Cover of another king in my head in the water (Foster Dealing with the vīrya believer benefit both the stairs, that old.. General Civil Society and the country the entire development life and quality of life for a better general health health strong, educated patriotism popular country. The Art of Thai culture and sharing natural resource conservation and the environment, I might make a turban and the giant in the south to beg your indulgence in spite of stamped inside mass in people is to be there, you will receive the proclaims the praise. To spread throughout the cordata governance ' Compass The Prestige Pokklaw Cover I the ready, your majesties? and who live under the pho carnal janitor all along. "

But who is the carnal janitor?

Well said. Clear as crystal.

:coffee1:

Keep taking the meds.

Winnie

I have long wondered,and this may be a stupid thought,but i wonder of the 'boss himself  is a Thai Visa poster.Obviously wearing a false overcoat and having his posts written by a lacky that can read and write good English.

i wonder if,when the People of this country carry out an act that appears,to us,to be of complete stupidity,and all the anti Thai bashers come out to play,i often wonder if he among them. And when some advice is offered from some of the really intelligent members here,and it would seem plausible and doable,it is never taken on board.

Just a thought.

"He then asked social media users receiving a link to this page not to share it with others, as it could damage the country’s credibility."

Now if he had asked social media users not to share it with others because his boss is a right old woman at the best of times and a major pain in the backside when he goes into a strop as he was just about to over this, maybe he would have got somewhere...

Edited by baboon