New ‘strange contraption’ found at Patong souvenir market, EOD unit confirms ‘undetonated bomb’

webfact

New ‘strange contraption’ found at Patong souvenir market, EOD unit confirms ‘undetonated bomb’

Eakkapop Thongtub

1471163921_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- An Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) bomb detection unit has confirmed that a“strange contraption” discovered at a busy clothes and souvenir market in central Patong midday on Sunday (August 14) was indeed a bomb that failed to detonate.

At 12:10pm on Sunday, an unnamed “good samaritan” noticed a strange clear bag hanging from a rail inside shop number nine of the Paradise Plaza night market on Rat-uthit 200 Pi Rd in central Patong.

An EOD bomb detection unit was dispatched to the scene, arriving by 1pm as the open-air indoor bizarre-style market – where clothes and souvenirs are sold to pedestrians from midday untill late – was quickly evacuated.

Inside the bag, authorities found a mobile-phone-cloth-wire contraption that resembled the same type of device found in Patong on August 10, which the Phuket Provincial Police Commandar in charge of the investigation initially denied was a an explosive device.   

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/new-strange-contraption-found-at-patong-souvenir-market-eod-unit-confirms-undetonated-bomb-58677.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-08-15

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

"arriving by 1pm as the open-air indoor bizarre-style market" - some of those shops in that area are a bit odd but to call them bizarre is OTT, I think.

Give the guy a break. He means "bazaar".

2 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

With that many people peering at the device they must be confident that nothing is going to happen. 

The boss is staring at something so quick let's brown nose,    gather round and appear interested and look,    somebody's taking a photo so scrunch up.

I had a friend who worked on bombs and other devices to

get them unarmed, unfortunately he blew himself up

on the job. He always told me that if he screwed up

his boss would not fire him. RIP to him and the other brave

people wo disarm these bombs to keep the rest of

us people safe. It is easy to joke about how the police

seem to be a bit foolish in the picture, but how would any of you like

to do their jobs for a month? I know that I sure would not

like to deal with what they deal with every day.

Stargrazer

20 hours ago, Thechook said:

Gather around everyone look it's a bomb.  I wonder what will happen if I push this button

Given the police evacuated everyone from the market, I'd assume the photo was staged after the bomb was safely defused. 

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:28 AM, Chang_paarp said:

With that many people peering at the device they must be confident that nothing is going to happen. 

Made in Thailand 70% chance it wont work  at all

100% chance it might work once  :facepalm: