Retiring with 16mn Baht

DUS

4 hours ago, cheapskatesam said:

Just curious.. Was the " model tenant " that destroyed your property white and English?

Not wishing to appear "foreigner intolerant" but yes and polish ( from Poland not to clean the wood) 

he went off to buy a £2 milo house when I finally got his butt out of mine

guess how my BREXIT vote went.....:D

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ardokano said:

Man i like many thinks in Thailand..

But  but I look reality in the eye. by Western( even middle quality standart) and even some Eastern or Asian standards in Thailand it is very difficult to live.. and its more cost than in another country:)

I have to disagree having come from Sydney, Australia, overall, alcohol and women are generally cheaper, as for the rest, don't really care :)

17 hours ago, HampiK said:

I think it's difficult to say when the right time is, when you not can count on a pension at some time.

If the OP would know how long he really would stay alive it's much easier to calculate.

Even when the OP say, he need this money for 20 years and after that......... But what happen when in 20 years he still feels perfectly healthy... he will do suicide???

For me, I can calculate, because with about 65 or 67 the pension from my country will come. So it's easier to calculate how much money you will need.

Like the song says, it's better to burn out than to rust.

I hope I have the guts to live whatever life I have left to the max and then ....................................

Ever been in a nursing home to see what it's like?

8 hours ago, ardokano said:

theater, opera, ballet, walking on the streets clean, free of dirt and stench .
  and thousands more detail

I'll take Nana over your theatre, Bangla over your opera any day.

You've never been in London I take it- filthy streets full of wage slaves eking out a miserable boring existence.

When I smell Pattaya I'm happy because I'm where I want to be, not in some hole western city.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope I have the guts to live whatever life I have left to the max and then ....................................

Ever been in a nursing home to see what it's like?

If you need care when the money runs out then it is maybe different. But as I wrote,

"But what happen when in 20 years you still feels perfectly healthy"

I think it is very sad, when you run out of money, but you still feel good and would like to enjoy life for longer! The big problem is you don't know how your health is in the future. You not now what the future brings.

You could stop working and move to Thailand and say today I life good about tomorrow I don't care. And I am sure there are people who do this.. but for myself I couldn't.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:12 AM, Oxx said:

Pay attention! The column is headed "Daily", and the total is x31.

I'm more concerned that the poster is spending as much on alcohol as he is on food.  How much does a liver transplant cost?

Typo!! I meant 100 THB/day -- What are you eating to only need that.