Trump’s campaign chief linked to Kyiv cash scandal

webfact

Trump’s campaign chief linked to Kyiv cash scandal

606x341_341353.jpg

NEW YORK: -- Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau say secret documents link Paul Manafort, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, to $12.7m in ‘off the books payments’ from the party of ousted president Viktor Yanukovych.

Manafort worked as a political consultant for Yanukovych’s Party of Regions with an office in Kyiv.

Government investigators are attempting to unravel the corrupt network of individuals who allegedly looted Ukrainian assests while Yanukovych was in power.

The head of Ukraine’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau, Artem Sytnyk made the following statement:” “Regarding Mr. Manafort, his last name is mentioned in the so-called “black ledger” of the Party of Regions. And according to this list, more than $12m were spent to cover expenses, which were related to this person starting from November 20, 2007.”

There is no proof that he accepted payments between 2007 and 2012.

Manafort issued a stern denial: “I have never received a single ‘off-the-books cash payment’ as falsely ‘reported’ by the New York Times, nor have I ever done work for the governments of Ukraine or Russia,’ he responded,” he added “The suggestion that I accepted cash payments is unfounded, silly and nonsensical.”

In the 1980’s Manafort was engaged by former Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos, before working with Yanukovych and Donald Trump.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-16

Whether this payment will be proven or not, this guy is an example of what's wrong with the system.  Making millions of dollars lobbying US congress to provide funding for corrupt dictators.  Or, making millions of dollars helping these corrupt dictators win elections.  Terrible man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Manafort

http://fortune.com/2016/08/15/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-paul-manafort/

One of his most unusual assignments came in the heart of Old Europe. In 1995, Manafort was paid $90,000 by a Lebanese-born arms merchant to advise veteran finance official Edouard Balladur in what became an unsuccessful bid for the presidency of France. An investigation revealed that those funds were illegally funneled from the kickbacks and commissions collected from the sale of French submarines to Pakistan. What became known as the Karachi affair became an énorme scandale in France, damaging the reputations of the politicians involved, though they escaped prosecution.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Looking up sleazeball in the dictionary shows Mr. Manafort. He'll probably show up in Thailand to 'help' the Junta after Trump drops out. 

I was just about to say.  Every time I see this guy talk, I'm thinking "Is this like the sleaziest man alive?"  It makes perfect sense that he's working for Trump.

^^^ @Post 8 thaibeachlovers

Good strategy. I like it.

RULE 13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies.

Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.  :thumbsup:

The real action is in the enemy’s reaction.

The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.

Great advice for dealing with Trolls as well. :lol:

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's all part of the Dems strategy using Sol Linsky's rule #13. Seems to be working.

16 minutes ago, iReason said:

^^^ @Post 8 thaibeachlovers

Good strategy. I like it.

RULE 13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

Don’t try to attack abstract corporations or bureaucracies.

Identify a responsible individual. Ignore attempts to shift or spread the blame.  :thumbsup:

The real action is in the enemy’s reaction.

The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength.

Great advice for dealing with Trolls as well. :lol:

Oh, I thought it was the one where when someone on your side gets caught out, you blame Saul Alinsky.