British Jews seek German citizenship on Brexit fears

webfact

1 minute ago, lostinisaan said:

Using the word we is something strange to me. I wasn't even born when this happened and none of my family was pro Hitler. I was always against Nazis, their brainless followers and most of them are surprisingly in the US now. 

I totally agree that they must have a special status in Germany and what was done to millions was insane, but I wouldn't say "we" did that to them.

Even if the dual citizenship has financial reasons, you can't blame a whole race for being smarter than others. 

I understand sensitivity about that. Be clear that modern Germans are not blamed for what happened in WW2. 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Numerous off-topic posts and replies have been removed.   The thread is about British Jews moving to Germany.   It's not about Jews in general or about Israel.  

Continued trolling, baiting and inflammatory remarks will result in suspension.   The regular posts should know better.   I do hope a reminder isn't necessary.  

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I see. 

I get  the agenda now. Why hide it before?

Demonizing Israel with blatant lies.

Shame on the entire demented Israel demonization agenda that bends over backwards to apply standards to Israel they wouldn't apply to other nations that aren't Jewish identified.

Lowest 50 percent.

Big lie.

Look at the link that you supplied. 

Look at the map.

You can see about 50 percent of the nations are NOT FREE, in other words much worse than Israel with much worse numbers than Israel.

U.S. score is 21 (0 is best, 100 worst)

Israel score is 32

Lebanon 56

Italy 32

Japan 26

Russia 83

China 87

Saudi 86

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-press/freedom-press-2016

Lowest 50 percent, eh?

Total B.S.

Clear motivation.

Sickening really.

At least the truth is out now.

I see it as typical leftist B.S.

Israel is supposed to be as free as the U.S. which actually it isn't far from to make people not hate the one Jewish state but who cares how incredibly repressive the vast majority of over 50 Muslim dominated countries are.

Thank you for the agenda reveal. The bizarre twisted denial of any ethnic factors in Jewish identity makes sense now. Classic. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding, that time I was referring to my second reference, Reporters Without Borders, where Israel does score in the bottom 50%. Not that Israel is clearly in the top 50% by FreedomHouse, it is still about in the middle, but never mind facts when you can launch into a spiel of hate at the slightest suspicion of someone having an agenda, right?  Never miss an opportunity to call the race card.  I was only being honest, unlike you with your choice to compare Israel to the US, which it still scores poorly against despite the US being among the least free of all Western countries.  'hey, look at them, they are worse than me', doesn't actually make Israel look good, just better than them, and while we in the free West are so much better than all of the Middle East that is just not enough to make Israel stand out as being different.

As for your final nonsense, I already explained to you, in fact I spelled it out as if talking to a child, that I do not deny ethnic factors, but that to talk in the singular of 'The' Jewish ethnicity is exclusive, but you deny my words to instead listen to your own paranoid imagination.

4 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

As for your final nonsense, I already explained to you, in fact I spelled it out as if talking to a child, that I do not deny ethnic factors, but that to talk in the singular of 'The' Jewish ethnicity is exclusive, but you deny my words to instead listen to your own paranoid imagination.

You reply here to a deleted post so I will not respond to your inflammatory comments.

I don't see anything productive ever coming out of any further discourse between us.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You reply here to a deleted post so I will not respond to your inflammatory comments.

I don't see anything productive ever coming out of any further discourse between us.

Welcome to my ignore list. 

Well there you have it folks, nothing inflammatory said, some people are just out looking for hatred and when they don't find it they pretend they did and silence the conversation.

On 8/20/2016 at 9:12 PM, Ulysses G. said:

Other than democracy, many more Nobel Laureates and a successful economy based on new innovations in technology. :lol:

funny:)

democracy? what i see Israel is run by fascists and with military.

Nobel Laureates? Do you believe in Nobel Awards or do yo take it as a criteria? it is always political. Check the nobel award lists and you will see most awards are given to citizens of western countries or citizens of countries with western back up like Israel.

new technological innovations? technological innovations come from USA or jews educated in US or EU and migrated to Israel and Israel just work on know how coming from somewhere else.

lets come to the topic though. More jews will try to leave UK as they never feel belonging to any country and never did.

so for them, they exploit the business opportunities and once they are over, they leave, like locusts imo.

1 minute ago, Galactus said:

Nobel Laureates? Do you believe in Nobel Awards or do yo take it as a criteria? it is always political. Check the nobel award lists and you will see most awards are given to citizens of western countries or citizens of countries with western back up like Israel.

new technological innovations? technological innovations come from USA or jews educated in US or EU and migrated to Israel and Israel just work on know how coming from somewhere else.

lets come to the topic though. More jews will try to leave UK as they never feel belonging to any country and never did.

so for them, they exploit the business opportunities and once they are over, they leave, like locusts imo.

That unrepentant anti-semites (with or without a left-wing patina) consider it safe to emerge from under their stones is a sign of the times.

9 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

That unrepentant anti-semites (with or without a left-wing patina) consider it safe to emerge from under their stones is a sign of the times.

Indeed so. Equating Jewish people with locusts chasing money could have come straight out of the mouth's of Hitler's Nazis.

The poison is fully unleashed yet again. 

Edited by Jingthing

Off-topic, inflammatory posts removed.   The topic isn't about particular members nor is it about Israel or Arabs.  

Continue and you will face a 30 day suspension, including the veiled anti-semitic rhetoric.  

You have been warned.  

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2016 at 3:37 PM, Jingthing said:

The vast majority would NOT speak Yiddish. It's a near dead language. Sadly.

The peppering of a few Yiddish words from some Jewish comedians and the popularity of Klezmer music is not the tip of the iceberg ... there is no Yiddish iceberg.

Very old Jews from that area would speak it but it's not passed on to young people for a very long time now.

Modern Jews in the diaspora if they want to learn a Jewish language, would usually learn modern Hebrew.

Maybe it's a dying language but still many not so old folks still practice it. In Israel, many Russian Jews still speak Yiddish in parallel with Russian. Apart from those American boys leaving for Israel and enroll Tsahal, few people learn Hebrew nowadays. Prayers in Ashkenazi rite are far from Hebrew pronunciation! 

Those leaving France for Israel will have to but in the meantime speak mainly French.

Edited by AGLV0121

On 8/22/2016 at 4:18 AM, Galactus said:

I just see this. Firstly, I am answering a message which is imo out of topic (UK Jews moving to Germany).

Much ignorance here, or it's deliberately biased.

There are web sites that tell everything about Israeli startups and findings in medicine, and, more generally, in applied science. All fruits of the Israeli educational system, NOT EU or US systems, NOT from immigrants.

I could list them but I believe IF you're honest, you'll do the searching yourself.

>>>  More jews will try to leave UK as they never feel belonging to any country and never did.

That's for all Jewish names on the graves of those people who fought for France, Russia, UK, the USA, Canada and even Germany in successive wars - including members of my family.

Now, Israel is a country. Israelis DO fight for THEIR OWN country, whatever anyone may hint.

>>> they exploit the business opportunities and once they are over, they leave, like locusts imo

Oh! I see :)))   The same old argument and the same old reasons to it

Edited by AGLV0121

6 hours ago, AGLV0121 said:

Maybe it's a dying language but still many not so old folks still practice it. In Israel, many Russian Jews still speak Yiddish in parallel with Russian. Apart from those American boys leaving for Israel and enroll Tsahal, few people learn Hebrew nowadays. Prayers in Ashkenazi rite are far from Hebrew pronunciation! 

Those leaving France for Israel will have to but in the meantime speak mainly French.

Yiddish is not as dead as I thought. Thanks for that. About two million speakers.

A 1996 report by the Council of Europe estimates a worldwide Yiddish-speaking population of about two million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiddish

I don't get your comment that few people learn Hebrew nowadays. If you're born in Israel, you learn Hebrew, right? :whistling:

Wiki says 9 million speakers, 5 in Israel. 

On 8/22/2016 at 3:18 PM, Galactus said:

The brits pillaged the empire for their own gains just like locusts. Now it is the empires turn to pillage the UK. May they leave the UK with nothing, as it would have been if it did not have an empire. though you're own ignorance shows through in your comment.  

Lets come to the topic. It is a shame that some people forget what happened to their forefathers. It is jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. It isn't that Germany has changed it is the fact that it is where it all took place.  

On 11/11/2016 at 8:28 PM, Jingthing said:

Yiddish is not as dead as I thought. Thanks for that. About two million speakers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiddish

I don't get your comment that few people learn Hebrew nowadays. If you're born in Israel, you learn Hebrew, right? :whistling:

Wiki says 9 million speakers, 5 in Israel. 

OF COURSE! I meant outside of Israel duh!

I see how it goes in local communities how hard when parents want their kids to learn Hebrew, and the remainder of Wiki stats probably includes many Israelis living out of Israel. 'Probably' because I don't have figures to support the statement.

Edited by AGLV0121