Singtel to buy Temasek’s stakes in Thailand and India

webfact

Singtel to buy Temasek’s stakes in Thailand and India

39525246_-_17_08_2016_-_pixgeneric-wpcf_

BANGKOK: -- Singapore Telecommunications (Singtel) has formally notified Singapore Exchange it will spend S$2.47 billion to buy a 21 percent stake in Thailand’s Intouch Holdings PCL and a further 7.39 percent stake in Bharti Telecom (BTL) from Temasek Holdings.

The acquistions will give Singtel a unique opportunity to increase economic exposure to high growth telecom sectors in Thailand and India, said Singtel in a filing to Singapore Exchange before market opened on Thursday, the straits times reported.

The share purchase in the parent companies of the largest mobile phone operators in Thailand and India will give Singtel a bigger foothold in the two markets, according to an earlier report by Bloomberg.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/singtel-buy-temaseks-stakes-thailand-india/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-18

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Are these not the shares the Thaksin kids purchased for 2 baht & then Daddy changed the laws allowing

them to be sold next day for 34 baht ?

I believe it was.

A nice little tax free earner for someone.

Who said that nepotism was dead and buried?

All I know is owning these shares makes people rich, and I've been blessed with holding them all these years and many years to come. Dtac on the other hand is struggling hard, I really can't see any hope for them.

Edited by JacChang