"What you doing on my footpath?" - Bangkok motorcyclist in foul mouthed rant at students

webfact

"What you doing on my footpath?" - Bangkok motorcyclist in foul mouthed rant at students

p3.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A video clip that shows the aftermath of an incident on the footpath in Rachada went viral as a drunk motorcyclist swears at teachers and students for walking on the sidewalk.

Hundreds of thousands shared and commented on the issue of motorbikes using the footpath and sometimes scaring pedestrians, reported Thairath.

The clip was posted by a sixth form student of the Tha It School who was out with 100 others visiting a mosque in the area of The Esplanade.

Thitaree Saifa posted her story on Facebook and the clip found its way to Youlike (clip det). 

She described what happened before the clip was filmed when a motorcyclist - the man in the dark shirt on the video - started beeping his horn to get the students and teachers to move out of the way.

After he got through he turned back to drive directly at the students with many scattering in alarm. Some didn't get fully out of the way and were brushed by the bike though not seriously.

Then the man - who appeared to be drunk or high on drugs - turns back again (this time on video) and points and swears at a teacher saying "Are you supposed to be looking after that lot? What are they doing on the footpath?

Then he added: "Don't let me catch you doing that later. I will f***ing go into the lot of you."

He then drives off leaving the startled students. He had no license plate.

Teachers later reported the matter to the local authority.

The story was viewed online by more than 300,000 people many of whom called for the police to do something about motorcyclists using the footpath.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-19

Just the Thai false sense of entitlement, selfishness,frustration, anger, and Center of the Universe syndrome coming to the fore. Lucky that he left his samurai sword and homemade gun at home.

Never boring, are they.

Edited by DLang

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

The story was viewed online by more than 300,000 people many of whom called for the police to do something about motorcyclists using the footpath.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Calling the police for help?

Bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

ROTFLMAO

This may appear a comic incident to some on this forum but is a very real problem in the Land Of We Selfish Bastards Can Park Wherever We Want - because who's gonna stop us? Pathetic shows of We The Mighty (whomsoever has the reins at any given time) will clamp down on this, but never do. Just this morning - again - two motorcycles and just ten meters farther a truck - parked straight across what passes for a footpath/pavement/sidewalk (whatever) here on the increasingly take your life in your hands whether by foot or wheel Phuket. I recently viewed a video on Vietnam (Hoi An) and was aghast to see completely vehicle free huge wide paving. Hoi An itself bans vehicles of any kind. 

If the peasants , either local or farang, have the inability to use what passes for common sense and courtesy, they should bloody well walk. Self entitled bastards. 

I thought that most of the policemen are riding motorcycles????

Jokes aside. Something needs to be done with these motorcycles. Against traffic, reckless weaving in and out, no helmets, passenger limit, etc. Time to crackdown and put some enforceable traffic laws in place....ring ring ring...crap my sleep alarm just went off. Nevertheless, it was a good dream!     

21 minutes ago, huanga said:

Jokes aside. Something needs to be done with these motorcycles. Against traffic, reckless weaving in and out, no helmets, passenger limit, etc. Time to crackdown and put some enforceable traffic laws in place....ring ring ring...crap my sleep alarm just went off. Nevertheless, it was a good dream!    

Unfortunately, the bad goes with the good in LOS. Can't take this out of Thai society and still have the sanuk that most of us enjoy about Thailand.

Anyone wanting LOS to be just another Singapore clone is welcome to go live there.

Coming from an overregulated country where fun is banned, I love LOS where I know that I'll never have an interaction with a cop unless I stuff it up.

5 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

I've had farang friends visiting this Land of the Insane, not privy to 'Thainess' end up dead/hospitalised - nothing to do with 'natural selection' (with which I do not agree BTW, just look at whomsoever is 'running' the place at any given time/epoch.

Buyers beware, tourists be warned...

39 minutes ago, huanga said:

Now you fully understand the term, "only in your dreams"

1 hour ago, DLang said:

Just the Thai false sense of entitlement, selfishness,frustration, anger, and Center of the Universe syndrome coming to the fore. Lucky that he left his samurai sword and homemade gun at home.

Never boring, are they.

Their never boring. But your consistent Thai knocking rants are.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unfortunately, the bad goes with the good in LOS. Can't take this out of Thai society and still have the sanuk that most of us enjoy about Thailand.

Anyone wanting LOS to be just another Singapore clone is welcome to go live there.

Coming from an overregulated country where fun is banned, I love LOS where I know that I'll never have an interaction with a cop unless I stuff it up.

If you get hit by a motorcycle on the footpath then you might think a little differently. Or have you lowered your standards to that of the Thais, and is that why you came to Thailand, because you couldn't keep up with the standards in your 'over-regulated' country? 

3 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

it's a footpath.  Get the license

plate number, have to police 

track this guy down and fine 

him B5000 !!  Bet will be nicer

next time.

Read the article again.

He didn't have a license plate

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and there it is everybody ... the acceptance of the way things are.

So WHY should there be the bad with the good?

There is no inherent necessary link between what you refer to as the sanuk, and the type of behaviour observed here.

Do you seriously think that its an either or choice, between having some fun in our lives and it being ok for a nutter to claim that people cannot walk on a pavement because it in some way obstructs his motorcycle, and then running through the crowd?

Really?

Think about what you are saying.

Better still ... just THINK !!

My wife tells be I should get out of the way of motor cycles on the foot path, my reply is this is a foot path meant for people to walk, motor cycles never get out of my way when I am walking on the road. Which I am not in the habit of doing only to cross to the other side. The other thing I would really like to do is kick the bikes parked in the 7/11 steps out of the road, they show no consideration for anyone except for their own convenience, which seems to be the norm.

4 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

it's a footpath.  Get the license

plate number, have to police 

track this guy down and fine 

him B5000 !!  Bet will be nicer

next time.

I am not sure whether you are sarcastic or serious. If serious then go outside and piss against the wind.

All that needs to be done is to push him over on to the side of the bike's exhaust pipe and stand on his bike for a few minutes to ensure he receives the Thai Tattoo which might remind him that pedestrians are always right.

'... more than 300,000 people many of whom called for the police to do something about motorcyclists using the footpath'. When the BiBs themselves use it, it's more than a push to then get them off their a___s to do something to enforce the law. They were 'supposedly' going to do something last year, with fines of, what, B400? That lasted, oh, how long? Half a day, if that.

When a member of the Thai law enforcement organisation parks his bike on the pavement and sits watching motorcyclists ride past him, wilfully breaking the law, while he carries on playing with his smartphone (Pokemon, no doubt), blissfully ignoring abuses he is charged with stopping, you know the only way the RTP will do what it is paid to do is when the upper hierarchy does ITS job, and sackings - not moves to inactive posts, something ironic as a punishment for inactivity - become the order of the day.