3 former inmates caught hours after their release from prison

rooster59

3 former inmates caught hours after their release from prison

1908006-wpcf_728x410.jpg

Three ex-prisoners were arrested on charges of drug abuses just a few hours after they were pardoned on the occasion of Mother’s Day and released from prison on Friday.

21-year old Karn Putthaphol, 25-year old Anusorn Krainit and 30-year old Krailart Saengchawee were among five alleged drug users rounded up by police at a house in Sattahip after complaints from people in the neighbourhood of the drug abuses.

All the five suspects were tested positive for the use of methamphetamine.

Sattahip district chief officer Noraseth Sritapasso said that the five suspects used drugs openly without fear that they would be seen or get arrested. He added that Karn, Anusorn and Krailart had just been freed from prison.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/3-former-inmates-caught-hours-release-prison/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-20

I have said it before that one of the complaints from my police friends is the early release of criminals in the annual amnesties only for them to reoffend soon after and be jailed again.

With no rehabilitation plan in place whilst these people are incarcerated it appears merely a scheme to reduce the appalling prisoner numbers and nothing more than a revolving door in and out of jail.

Bring back the   "WAR ON DRUGS"  Before it was put in place by Thaksin,  Thailand had a serious drugs and drug related problem's, after the implementation of the "war on drugs" policy  The drug problem was massively reduced.

Now the controversial  policy  of extrajudicial killings was a serious problem and one it is alleged the police were involved in, of that I know  as my wife's brother is a high ranking cop here and told her about "the black book" a hit list book with names of drug dealers that need to be illuminated.  Now the tactic's suggested they (BIB) use is let them kill each other off to cut any links to the big dealers and their Hench men which the big guy's didn't have a problem with as it reduced competition.

Then there the tactic where the BIB are allegedly directly involved in.

My wife say's and I agree,  after Thaksin was removed and the "war on drugs" policy dropped, now you can go too any 7-11 corner store and score,.

Now before some of you get your knickers in a twist,  let me just say, I have no problem with a little green now and again,  But YES I do think that meth dealers and hammer dealers need to be removed from society as they deal in death and destruction of not only the drug user but their family's are hurt and the innocent victims that are hurt/ robed/ or killed by these freaks and not just when they are high.

Now the only question is how to deal with the problem?  seems gaol doesn't work,  ok so maybe the softly softly approach, medication?

well ok but now if that doesn't work then,,,, I'm open to sugestions:whistling:

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

Bring back the   "WAR ON DRUGS"  Before it was put in place by Thaksin,  Thailand had a serious drugs and drug related problem's, after the implementation of the "war on drugs" policy  The drug problem was massively reduced.

Now the controversial  policy  of extrajudicial killings was a serious problem and one it is alleged the police were involved in, of that I know  as my wife's brother is a high ranking cop here and told her about "the black book" a hit list book with names of drug dealers that need to be illuminated.  Now the tactic's suggested they (BIB) use is let them kill each other off to cut any links to the big dealers and their Hench men which the big guy's didn't have a problem with as it reduced competition.

My wife say's and I agree,  after Thaksin was removed and the "war on drugs" policy dropped, now you can go too any 7-11 corner store and score,.

Now before some of you get your knickers in a twist,  let me just say, I have no problem with a little green now and again,  But YES I do think that meth dealers and hammer dealers need to be removed from society as they deal in death and destruction of not only the drug user but their family's are hurt and the innocent victims that are hurt/ robed/ or killed by these freaks and not just when they are high.

Now the only question is how to deal with the problem?  seems gaol doesn't work,  ok so maybe the softly softly approach, medication?

The war on drugs was nothing but extra judicial slaughter.

Many of those murdered in it had nothing to do with drugs and/or were just low level drug users who needed help not execution.

The truth is no major players were out out of business. 

It was just a PR stunt by thaksin.

Edited by Bluespunk

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Many of those murdered in it had nothing to do with drugs and/or were just low level drug users who needed help not execution.

OK fair call, but what's the expression?   Casualties of war.  harsh, sure.  Yes innocent people died, yes it's a terrible thing, and yes most of the killings were done by drug dealers users and criminals, and most of the dead were drug dealers,  users,  criminals and connected to the big dealers.  Were the BIB involved?  Since when would the BIB not have a finger in the pie of money money money. But end result less drug dealers, less crime, a good result. so sorry IMO not a PR stunt but a possible viable policy...

21 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

OK fair call, but what's the expression?   Casualties of war.  harsh, sure.  Yes innocent people died, yes it's a terrible thing, and yes most of the killings were done by drug dealers users and criminals, and most of the dead were drug dealers,  users,  criminals and connected to the big dealers.  Were the BIB involved?  Since when would the BIB not have a finger in the pie of money money money. But end result less drug dealers, less crime, a good result. so sorry IMO not a PR stunt but a possible viable policy...

But Thailand was never free from drug use even at the time of the 'war' on drugs. So a lot of people really died for nothing. Anyways, you can see if your idea works. Just look at the Philippines with all its killing now.

55 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

Most of the killings were done by the BIB.

Were they not given "targets" for the number of drug dealers to be reported on/ arrested/taken out?

The dead can't protest their innocence.

Most of the dead were not dealers, they were mainly innocent {up to half according to HRW reports} or low level users.

The big players caught up in this extra judicial campaign of murder were few. 

It did nothing to stop the causes of Thailand's drug problems.

It did nothing to end the ability of those supplying the drugs to continue their trade once the killing had finished.

Edited by Bluespunk

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Were they not given "targets" for the number of drug dealers to be reported on/ arrested/taken out?

Most of the dead were not dealers, they were mainly innocent {up to half according to HRW reports} or low level users.

It did nothing to end the ability of those supplying the drugs to continue their trade once the killing had finished.

Ok cool, Like I said innocent people died, a terrible thing, but I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned just one less meth head on the streets, robbing people for money to buy more yaba or just going crazy causing trouble and or hurting people and even killing people because they are high on meth is a bloody good thing in IMO.  So "war on drugs" ok cool but maybe a little more professionalism next time would be good.

22 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

Ok cool, Like I said innocent people died, a terrible thing, but I'm sorry but as far as I'm concerned just one less meth head on the streets, robbing people for money to buy more yaba or just going crazy causing trouble and or hurting people and even killing people because they are high on meth is a bloody good thing in IMO.  So "war on drugs" ok cool but maybe a little more professionalism next time would be good.

Let's see if your attitude changes when a family member is shot while acquiring your little bit of green.

3 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

In many cases the people that are selling the drugs or to be more precise the people reaping the profits are the same ones who are supposed to be preventing the sale of ................

If killing the dealers does not stop the next person filling in that role of supplier dealer then the policy is failed,

as is the case the world over, societies problem that does not come with one solution, Even Iran has a drug problem,

I can not offer a solution, but do know it has to be a world wide multi pronged approach adopted by all governments

for the long haul, money power greed  social economic status and weakness to addiction , are just some of the parts that come into play

when dealing with these type of drugs.

Humans helping humans maybe a possibility but i think not in my life time.

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

I can not offer a solution, but do know it has to be a world wide multi pronged approach adopted by all governments

Contrary to all I was bought up to believe it appears ALL governments are corrupted! we appear to have taken a wrong turn! :w00t:

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

And the fact that the police were rewarded with a big percentage of the dead (so called criminal) belongings and property made them kill a lot of innocent people just for the possible reward....?!?!?!

I read the story of a guy who was never involved with drugs but had a beautiful house been killed so they could impound his house. !!!

And another story of a young couple who were spending a lot of money witch raised the suspicion of the village head man ! who in turn told the cops he suspected them of selling drugs, who in turn came and shot the two under suspicion they were drug dealers. It was discovered later that the young couple had won the lottery....!!! and wanted to keep it quiet !!!

And that Hill tribe guy who was searched in a police station and nothing was found, on he's way back home he was shot by police officers and they found drugs in he's pockets......food for thought !!!! there were so many cases of innocent people shot  !!!

Edited by off road pat

4 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...that's what happens when you give the locals laughable sentences....

...while foreigners rot in jail for similar offenses......

all foreigners know or should know the laws on dealing drugs in ANY country. Foreigners caught here have prior drug or other convictions in their own countries. The ones dealing here that have or might be caught in the future, are the ones that think their westernize methods are far better than the Asian ways..... wonder what they think now, while rotting away for the next 50 years..

8 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Thailand is awash with methamphetamine. 

Hope they had time to post an update on Fateboo before being locked up again. 

Pathetic attempt at error. Show some compassion, you never know someone in your family might fall to the disease of addiction.

On 8/20/2016 at 7:32 AM, edwinchester said:

I have said it before that one of the complaints from my police friends is the early release of criminals in the annual amnesties only for them to reoffend soon after and be jailed again.

With no rehabilitation plan in place whilst these people are incarcerated it appears merely a scheme to reduce the appalling prisoner numbers and nothing more than a revolving door in and out of jail.

Wrong, NA is available in many prisons now, as well as a rehabilitation scheme funded by <<<<Thai language removed>>>>

Edited by metisdead
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

True. Also most people don't know the extent the Thai people agreed to this and also the high level person who congratulated him in his annual speech.

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Sorry, bluespunk can't delete this box. This post had nothing to do with you.

Little Mary sunshine had the typical drunks reply to make her legalized drug of choice seem ok.

Sorry to point out Mary but alcohol is far worse than these drugs, including heroin, if it is pure.

But you have another beer and school at all those drug users.

Edited by Johnniey

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Let's see if your attitude changes when a family member is shot while acquiring your little bit of green.

If I wanted to acquire " a little bit of green" I wouldn't send family to get it,  so that's not gunna happen.

Like I said the less meth head freaks and dealers out there on the streets the better,  just my opinion weather you like it or not.

28 minutes ago, aussieinthailand said:

If I wanted to acquire " a little bit of green" I wouldn't send family to get it,  so that's not gunna happen.

Like I said the less meth head freaks and dealers out there on the streets the better,  just my opinion weather you like it or not.

Well I didn't expect your attitude to change after they had shot you dead. Did you somehow think that Thaksin's gunmen only shot the "real" bad people, that innocents and ganja smokers got a pass?