Shirtless bike rider, Jomtien.

sandgroper2

12 hours ago, sandgroper2 said:

He spoke with a yorkshire accent.

Think I know the guy, and I have spoken to him many times, about the no shirt thing. As a Yorkshire guy,  he is extremely headstrong, but he has a great heart, and will do anything for you. I cannot fault him as a human being.

If my memory is correct, he actually got fined on one occasion for not wearing a shirt, while driving his pick-up.

But he is a great guy, and we all have petty faults.

6 hours ago, Mojomor said:

Think I know the guy, and I have spoken to him many times, about the no shirt thing. As a Yorkshire guy,  he is extremely headstrong, but he has a great heart, and will do anything for you. I cannot fault him as a human being.

If my memory is correct, he actually got fined on one occasion for not wearing a shirt, while driving his pick-up.

The bloke you speak of sounds like someone I know who lives near the Beach in Jomtien. He's around 65 years old. 

Rarely wears a shirt and got fined in his pick-up for no shirt. 

Edited by lou62

21 hours ago, sandgroper2 said:

Me thinks the reference to your sexuality has something to do with you calling an umbrella a parasol.

If you don't know the difference between a parasol and an umbrella, and it's got nothing to do with sexuality, then please see the last  sentence in my post.

On 8/20/2016 at 11:36 AM, petermik said:

Yes mind your own business,some people sadly cannot/do not want to be helped....:wai:

Some may also be very grateful when another appears to have their best interest at heart.

I'd rather risk being ""told off" for trying to help than say nothing when he might be ignorant of his condition. Of course it's really down to what each individual is comfortable living with.

A friend of mine told me the story of a doctor friend of his who died from Alcoholism. My friend was a recovered Alcoholic himself but was a bit afraid to mention to the doctor that he might benefit from doing something about his drinking, that it looked like he had a drinking problem himself.

He has forever regretted not mentioning it to him.    

Looks like youve found the best way to communicate youre sicere worries on this mans skin condition. You may want to also send some faxes, emails or such out to all the other shirtless people on the beach from jomtien to pattaya that the sun is out

On 21/08/2016 at 5:57 AM, sandgroper2 said:

Me thinks the reference to your sexuality has something to do with you calling an umbrella a parasol.

You do know a parasol is a completely different thing to an umbrella right?? or maybe not.....

Just in case of the latter, an umbrella as surely everyone knows, is for keeping the rain off. A parasol on the other hand, as the big clue 'sol' at the end of the word suggests, is for protection from the sun..

Quite what the use of either has to do with a persons sexuality is beyond me.....

On 8/20/2016 at 6:46 PM, chiang mai said:

Probably better to advise him that riding a bike or driving a car, without a shirt on, is against the law in Thailand - odd but true.

It should also be against the law for these disrespectful people, to walk about the streets and shopping malls without a shirt on.

16 hours ago, Mojomor said:

A great guy?? I would say a very disrespectful one.

12 minutes ago, shaggy851 said:

Looks like youve found the best way to communicate youre sicere worries on this mans skin condition. You may want to also send some faxes, emails or such out to all the other shirtless people on the beach from jomtien to pattaya that the sun is out

It would seem, that he guy in the OP has been warned many times about the no shirt issue.

So if he gets Melanoma or any other cancer related to sunburn, then it is his fault, not mine and what other people do on any f%%%%%g beach is, also there own responsibility, not mine <deleted>!

Only an idiot lays on a beach in the blazing sun without putting on sun cream and a hat ETC. What adult is not aware of the risks of over exposure to the sun!  Morons maybe.

I very much doubt that the guy from Yorkshire cares, hence riding around ALL the time, shirtless, after being warned several times!

So, do I care? no I don't. He is happy, so leave him alone.  :coffee1:

Faxes, E-Mails? what crap!

1 hour ago, shaggy851 said:

Childish.

1 hour ago, Shadychris said:

You do know a parasol is a completely different thing to an umbrella right?? or maybe not.....

Just in case of the latter, an umbrella as surely everyone knows, is for keeping the rain off. A parasol on the other hand, as the big clue 'sol' at the end of the word suggests, is for protection from the sun..

Quite what the use of either has to do with a persons sexuality is beyond me.....

I have only ever seen women parading the boardwalks with parasols. But, I am from Australia.

36 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

In the words of someone greater than I.

Mind your own buisness keep your nose out of his life. Nothing to do with you at all. Are you that bored, take up knitting you might find a knitting circle where you can gossip to your hearts content.

What a sad

place the world would be if people like the great philosophers, scientists, physicians and knowledgeable people like me kept our opinions to ourselves. You would still be living in the dark ages. In the words of someone greater than I, ignorance aint bliss.

Edited by sandgroper2
incorrect spelling

On 8/21/2016 at 9:47 AM, Guderian said:

I carry a parasol with UV-proof lining when I go out for a walk in the sun. A while back some European guy in Jomtien told me I looked like a woman carrying the parasol. So I asked him if he thought that men were somehow immune to skin cancer so they didn't need to take any care to protect themselves from the tropical sun, or perhaps he thinks that a few nice scars where you've had carcinomas cut out is a sign of manhood and virility? Some people are just plain dim-witted.

Don't be so hard on yourself

If he has been advised by the police that riding his bike, driving pickup,whatever without a shirt on, is disrespectful to the king,then,the next time he is apprehended by the police, they will throw the book at him,

Edited by sandgroper2
omitted some words

37 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

What a sad

place the world would be if people like the great philosophers, scientists, physicians and knowledgeable people like me kept our opinions to ourselves. You would still be living in the dark ages. In the words of someone greater than I, ignorance aint bliss.

Yes  but those you mentioned  with one exception contribute to the world, busy bodies however have nothing to give but don't worry you ain't bliss!!!! 

Edited by Deepinthailand

46 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

I have only ever seen women parading the boardwalks with parasols. But, I am from Australia.

Indeed. I, on the other hand, thought that a parasol was something sticking out of my cocktail at Hooters.

11 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

The best advice I ever got when I moved to Pattaya a few years back was NEVER make eye contact or speak with anyone in the street or bar.....always end up messy or a fight breaks out.....complete idiots on all sides of the fence here...?

Pretty sad life you lead then???

Is this the same people who said they would not say good morning back to other farangs as they have no wish to converse with other farangs!!! Yet your all queuing up to pass on your inane skin cancer drivel and your vast experiance of sun damage to another farang. !!!!! DEAR DEAR me.

Posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.