Sleep your way to fat loss!

JSixpack

11 hours ago, JSixpack said:

It hasn't been mentioned that intermittent fasting seems quite helpful apart from any weight loss. Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men

I find that many overweight people never find the "right" diet for them but if they do happen to find it, then they can stick with it. Now me I'd avoid surgery at all costs. THE alternative to surgery for those who think they've exhausted all alternatives is a residence at a weight loss resort colloquially known as a "fat farm." In some cases insurance will pay.

People make their choices. Old friend of mine continued to gain weight to obesity and made half-hearted attempts to lose but in the end purposely chose to eat what she liked no matter the consequences. She did have great insurance that kept her alive well beyond her time. But in the end she died relatively young anyway. Happy, I guess; and was laid to rest in a graveyard on a hill from which she might view her favorite discount department store.

Fasting or low carb.. or just going lower in cabs per sitting has a good effect on insulin its all about not letting the insulin spike get too high. 

But in the end its all about making choices and sticking with them. So like you said its important to find something you can live with. I don't care what it it.. intermittent fasting.. low carb.. normal carb and protein but just not too much processed food.. whatever.. thing is people need to change habits and keep them changed. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Strange said:

I can not wrap my head around 1 thing that you keep going over and over about:

If they diet and exercise, they lose weight. When they stop, they gain weight. This is your YOYO complaint. 

To have a YOYO effect You need to actually LOSE weight, then GAIN it back. 

So you lost the weight, then what? Kept eating clean and working out, but still gained the weight back???? Or they went back to past habits and gained the weight back??? 

That is the whole point.. they don't change their habits permanently, so all that moaning about not being able to lose weight is B.S. The problem is sticking with the program. Yes its hard... yes it cost time and effort. (more for some than others)

13 hours ago, tropo said:

I was using that in the early 90's. Good multi supplements often have it, but I don't take it no more.:rolleyes:. Imagine what we would be taking if we took every supplement which is "proven" to help with weight loss or maintenance?

The best cure I know of for insulin resistance is exercise - the more the better. Lots of cardio and resistance work. When I work out hard I can consume large amounts of carbs all day long and maintain very good blood sugar levels, PP and FBS.

If I stop the exercise, after a few weeks the blood sugar levels head back to pre-diabetic levels and higher as my insulin resistance slowly increases.

So if you don't exercise, watch closely what you eat. If you do, you have far more leeway in what you can safely consume.

Mostly in this fat forum you find certain members trying their best to suggest that exercise is a waste of time for fat loss (most call it weight loss). One particular member combs the internet looking for proof of this, when he's not busy eating at and reviewing restaurants. If you want to believe that exercise is a waste of time, read all his posts. It's likely you'll never want to exercise ever again.:D

I just sourced it cheaply from the internet its a separate supplement cheap as chips. I am not sure how effective it is (or not) But at least this has been proven by others then the supplement industry. But you are right if we took all that is proven to have effect we would have so much to take.

I just keep a healthy dieet with fuit.. veggies.. and of course meats and so on. 

Since I added the rowing back to my program (it almost doubled the time I workout in a week). I feel more energetic and have more stamina in the weight room. (and other places :D) I am now convinced a combination of lifting and cardio is best for me.  Now all I need to do is keep it up. Yes its quite a bit of time each week but it keeps me in shape and makes me feel better. Its around 8 hours a week. I still prefer the lifting.. but the rowing has its benefits so I keep doing it. 

But that is the difference between being obese and lean... doing something and sticking with it even if you don't always like it. It can be keeping to your diet or exercising. 

JT by accident and Strange was brilliant in stating that to YO YO people lose the weight.. so we can all lose the weight. Its only that sticking with it is harder for some then for others. Just like I have been saying all the time. Its not that hard.. just have to make permanent changes. After that it just takes time.

Af for diet and permanent changes.. whatever works and is doable.  

If your as fat as that guy.. then its easy to lose weight. Overweight is one thing.. but if your at those sizes then for sure your to blame yourself.  Guys like that are a perfect example of lack of self control. Getting overweight a bit.. sure.. like that.... own responsibility (unless some kind of disease)

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

If your as fat as that guy.. then its easy to lose weight. Overweight is one thing.. but if your at those sizes then for sure your to blame yourself.  Guys like that are a perfect example of lack of self control. Getting overweight a bit.. sure.. like that.... own responsibility (unless some kind of disease)

Blah blah blah. Blame blame blame. Shame shame shame. Preach preach preach. That's not helpful, it's mean spirited and irrelevant. You're looking at a person with a life threatening medical condition and all you can do is spout morality lectures. That's gross.

It's a joke video but in real life a person that large has almost a ZERO chance of losing to normal weight and keeping it off long term with diet/exercise methods. Yes, you can now dredge up cases of that happening in rare cases. MEANINGLESS for the vast majority of people in that condition. 

A person like that REALISTICALLY would be a typical and urgent candidate for bariatric surgery but would most likely still need to lose at least SOME weight first before doing even that. After the surgery, people that large will generally not be normal weight either, but a MUCH HIGHER chance of being able to maintain a somewhat reduced size. In other words, from very morbid obesity to obesity most likely (from that large), or in best case, overweight. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a joke video but in real life a person that large has almost a ZERO chance of losing to normal weight and keeping it off long term.

A person like that REALISTICALLY would be a typical and urgent candidate for bariatric surgery but would most likely still need to lose at least SOME weight first before doing even that. After the surgery, people that large will generally not be normal weight either, but a MUCH HIGHER chance of being able to maintain a somewhat reduced size. In other words, from morbid obesity to obesity most likely or in best case, overweight. 

A person like that could at least lose many KG and keep them off.. normal weight perhaps not.. but a size like that is not needed. 

I say he can do it without surgery.. losing at least 40 kg easy. If you let it go this far then your 100% to blame yourself. 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

A person like that could at least lose many KG and keep them off.. normal weight perhaps not.. but a size like that is not needed. 

I say he can do it without surgery.. losing at least 40 kg easy. If you let it go this far then your 100% to blame yourself. 

Why are you obsessed with BLAME? It's bizarre. Not to mention IGNORANT. 

The vast majority of medical doctors would agree a man that morbidly obese best chance is surgery and yet you bizarrely oppose that for MORALISTIC ideological reasons. It's like you want to punish people like that to enforce your dark moral values on everyone else, instead of considering people with real compassion about solutions that actually have a high chance of success, instead of a very tiny one. This is health forum, and I feel your POV is more about morality preaching than HEALTH.

I can well understand resistance to surgical tactics for people with moderate obesity, and I agree with that ... but surgery for people very morbidly obese is very mainstream and scientifically proven to be such patient's best HOPE not only for a better life, but for life itself. 

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The vast majority of medical doctors would agree a man that morbidly obese best chance is surgery and yet you bizarrely oppose that for MORALISTIC ideological reasons. It's like you want to punish people like that to enforce your dark moral values on everyone else, instead of considering people with real compassion about solutions that actually have a high chance of success, instead of a very tiny one. This is health forum, and I feel your POV is more about morality preaching than HEALTH.

I can well understand resistance to surgical tactics for people with moderate obesity, and I agree with that ... but surgery for people very morbidly obese is very mainstream and scientifically proven to be such patient's best HOPE not only for a better life, but for life itself. 

I am obsessed with free choice and the will to change ones lot. This guy obviously chose to make McDonald his second home. 

I don't want to punish anyone, I just don't see people like this as victims. You love to make victims out of them I just see them as results of their own choices. 

You seem to think that a guy like that can't loose any weight. I am saying that he can with the right food and lifestyle. I just doubt he can because he is brainwashed by people like you that he is a victim and he can't change his lot in life. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Can we please leave the name-calling out of this particular forum and be respectful ?

How many people are actually morbidly obese ?

These medical weight loss procedures have become the panacea of overweight people who are too busy or too lazy to stick with a lifestyle change of fitness routines and healthy dietary changes. (Its the same mindset that attracts them to a diet plan suggesting they can just sleep their way to weightloss.)

They get these operations and they actually get obese again 1-2 years afterward because their lifestyles have not changed. If you don't believe me then just google it.

The long term success rate (doesn't mean going to normal weight) with surgery for morbidly obese is at least 50 percent.

The long term success rate for diet/excercise for morbidly obese is less than 1 percent.

Medically, (forget morals and blame), which do you think is the better option for those in a morbidly obese condition?
It's a NO BRAINER unless you're infected with an ideology about blame and morality that has ZILCH to do with logical science or health.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am obsessed with free choice and the will to change ones lot. This guy obviously chose to make McDonald his second home. 

I don't want to punish anyone, I just don't see people like this as victims. You love to make victims out of them I just see them as results of their own choices. 

You seem to think that a guy like that can't loose any weight. I am saying that he can with the right food and lifestyle. I just doubt he can because he is brainwashed by people like you that he is a victim and he can't change his lot in life. 

Yes, he can and should lose some weight to get into a better physical condition to prepare for surgery. This is usually a REQUIREMENT for the very morbidly obese and those that fail to do that for whatever reasons, that's it, nothing left. 

Less severe cases may be OK for surgery without any weight loss first. It's an individual medical matter. 

You really take the cake, dude. Now you're not only blaming the morbidly obese for their condition you're also blaming "people like me" for their very long term low success rate (google it) with diet/exercise only. That's messed up, dude. 

To add on the question of losing SOME weight ... that's a bigger HEALTH issue. It is very true that a good percentage of people with overweight/obesity/morbidly obese conditions do have a fair chance of long term success with LIMITED weight loss. In other words, 5 or 10 percent of total body weight, maintained, that can provide significant HEALTH BENEFITS and is a more REALISTIC goal for many. But in the case of very morbid obesity, that wouldn't be good enough to provide significant health benefits, except to prepare for surgery. 

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The long term success rate (doesn't mean going to normal weight) with surgery for morbidly obese is at least 50 percent.

The long term success rate for diet/excercise for morbidly obese is less than 1 percent.

Medically, (forget morals and blame), which do you think is the better option for those in a morbidly obese condition?
It's a NO BRAINER unless you're infected with an ideology about blame and morality that has ZILCH to do with logical science or health.

OK...I see the problem. You continue to discuss morbidly obese and I am describing obese people.

This OP did not indicate it was a discussion about medically defined "morbidly obese".

These statistics on the US are staggering:

The United States is the most obese country in North America with 35% of its population having a body max index of over 30.0 Nearly 78 million adults and 13 million children in the United States deal with the health and emotional effects of obesity every day. According to the CDC an average adult is 26 pounds heavier now than in the 1950’s.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html

31 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, he can and should lose some weight to get into a better physical condition to prepare for surgery. This is usually a REQUIREMENT for the very morbidly obese and those that fail to do that for whatever reasons, that's it, nothing left. 

Less severe cases may be OK for surgery without any weight loss first. It's an individual medical matter. 

You really take the cake, dude. Now you're not only blaming the morbidly obese for their condition you're also blaming "people like me" for their very long term low success rate (google it) with diet/exercise only. That's messed up, dude. 

To add on the question of losing SOME weight ... that's a bigger HEALTH issue. It is very true that a good percentage of people with overweight/obesity/morbidly obese conditions do have a fair chance of long term success with LIMITED weight loss. In other words, 5 or 10 percent of total body weight, maintained, that can provide significant HEALTH BENEFITS and is a more REALISTIC goal for many. But in the case of very morbid obesity, that wouldn't be good enough to provide significant health benefits, except to prepare for surgery. 

i am not messed up your the one who is messed up. You never heard about psychology. If you give up on someone right away and making excuses why someone can't do something before trying it its a guarantee to demotivate people. That is what you are constantly doing with your can't do .. they are a victim.. they can't help it.. its impossible. 

Besides, if this guy cuts out processed foods he would surely lose a lot of weight. Guys like this should change their lifestyle.. not go for surgery. The results of someone doing diet and fitness and a complete lifestyle change are far higher then the 1% you are quoting. But I guess its ok to quote low numbers so you make it easier if you fail .. then its like.. ah i never stood a chance anyway just 1% can do it. 

Guess my parents raised me different telling me I was in charge of my own life and could change my own lot. That is probably the reason why i lost the fat I had and why i did not make excuses for myself. I was 100% self to blame for getting fat. I was also 100% responsible for turning it completely around and being in better shape then 99% of my age category. 

A lot in life depends on how your outlook in life is. 

To save his life, the surgery provides much better odds. Not a little better. MASSIVELY BETTER.

No credible medical professional with even the tiniest bit of knowledge would or could dispute that.

That's science and statistics, not regressive morality preaching. But holier than thou morality preaching enforcer --at least he will know he's to blame for his problems during the fatal heart attack or whatever else, that's  all that matters after all. So compassionate!

Imagine that SICK death promoting moral preacher POV with any other unhealthy condition.

Someone comes to the doctor and the doctor can offer two choices --

First surgery offering at least 50 percent chance of saving the life.

Secondly, a self help do it yourself method that statistically is known will work for less than ONE PERCENT of all people that try it.

What decent doctor would say go for the 1 percent choice with a very LIFE THREATENING condition?!?

I have now successfully amplified how totally messed up the morality preaching POV because even in extreme cases where the scientific evidence is overwhelmingly clear ... they still push the choice almost definitely leading to death. Amazing!

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

i am not messed up your the one who is messed up. You never heard about psychology. If you give up on someone right away and making excuses why someone can't do something before trying it its a guarantee to demotivate people. That is what you are constantly doing with your can't do .. they are a victim.. they can't help it.. its impossible. 

Besides, if this guy cuts out processed foods he would surely lose a lot of weight. Guys like this should change their lifestyle.. not go for surgery. The results of someone doing diet and fitness and a complete lifestyle change are far higher then the 1% you are quoting. But I guess its ok to quote low numbers so you make it easier if you fail .. then its like.. ah i never stood a chance anyway just 1% can do it. 

Guess my parents raised me different telling me I was in charge of my own life and could change my own lot. That is probably the reason why i lost the fat I had and why i did not make excuses for myself. I was 100% self to blame for getting fat. I was also 100% responsible for turning it completely around and being in better shape then 99% of my age category. 

A lot in life depends on how your outlook in life is. 

Your post highlighs the difference between not only you and JT but also the difference that exists for 30% of the population in the US...some people are fortunate to have been raised to believe they control their own destiny and others are raised they are only vicctims of circumstance. 

You won't convince JT of anything in your posting. He is locked into a paradigm and all the evidence in the world won't make him change. He is in his comfort level. I do not mean this n a negative way. Tens of millions of Americans are just the same. Its all personal choice.

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 0:08 PM, tropo said:

LOL. A number of us have been saying this quite loudly on here for years - it makes for very long and heated debates.

Yes, usually arguments bewteen those that try to look after themselves and those with self control issues, id say.

Not much point as all the well worn excuses come out..metabolism, genes, blood  sugar levels, water retention, the weather..on an on..

IMO, Over-eating is more of an emotions issue..A sign that somethings  not quite right and those people eat for a form of comfort.

So many theories but who can argue against not eating so much and eating the right stuff. Pretty simple really.

This thread looks like another convenient excuse for inactivity and lazyness.

15 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Your post highlighs the difference between not only you and JT but also the difference that exists for 30% of the population in the US...some people are fortunate to have been raised to believe they control their own destiny and others are raised they are only vicctims of circumstance. 

You won't convince JT of anything in your posting. He is locked into a paradigm and all the evidence in the world won't make him change. He is in his comfort level. I do not mean this n a negative way. Tens of millions of Americans are just the same. Its all personal choice.

I know I wont ever convince him.. i just hope that I can convince some people not to become like him. He sounds a lot like the eternal victim. (no malice towards JT intended). There is so much we can do to improve on ourselves but if you have the wrong attitude you will never succeed. This goes for all things in life not just weight control but many other things in life. 

Any morbidly obese people happening to read this thread. Ignore the morality preachers. You have a life threatening MEDICAL condition. What caused this to happen is not relevant now. It's time to save your life. Do your own research on the statistical probability of long term success with self help methods vs. bariatric surgery. Then I reckon most people with that medical condition will be looking into the pros and cons of the different options for bariatric surgery, that is if they can afford it. In many nations, bariatric surgery for people with morbid obesity condition would be covered by insurance and national health care. There's your evidence about whether it's medically advisable or not in severe cases. 

The grey area involves less severe cases. But for morbidly obese, there is very little grey area.

What I find VERY REVEALING in this thread, is that in extreme cases of the morality preaching POV, the irrational dangerous IDEOLOGY against surgery when it's best indicated is still held to. It's bizarre really! Again, just imagine that level of science denial with any other MEDICAL CONDITION, regardless of controversy about how it's caused. Many other MEDICAL CONDITIONS have a lifestyle component in the etiology. DUH. But when it comes time to consider treatment ... the correct thing to do is to consider the most logical treatment with most favorable success rate for each patient. Changing behavior will usually be PART of it ... but that doesn't mean that medical procedures are ruled out just because there is a behavior component in it. 

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

How many people are actually morbidly obese ?

I don't know---JT has banged this drum for so long but has never mentioned what his weight & hight is, it seems like every week or so he comes up with a new way to lose weight, that doesn't involve sweating. "We can breath deeper & the fat will go" --"we can sleep longer & lose weight" etc   etc

& I think Robblok, is right he does see himself as the victim, not the perpetrator. With quotes like some people can not lose weight--Really show me one picture of a concentration camp with a fat man in it. Show me some photos of an African country whose crop has failed & point out the big Jolly fat man in the Pic who doesn't eat anything but has a size 50 waist. After reading so many posts from JT I would say, you don't have the will to lose weight-so get ready for obese life style.

Do I know you--no,   but I have known so many  people like you , male & female who always look for the easy way out-the 2 minute exercise routine that doesn't make your heart beat too fast, How to eat doughnuts the right way & not put on weight.

No wonder the fat industry is worth billions in America, UK, Oz etc etc

Its really not science JT-its just the will to do. And when you go back to your keyboard  & slag off at me--just think, shouldn't I be out having a stiff walk instead.

7 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I don't know---JT has banged this drum for so long but has never mentioned what his weight & hight is, it seems like every week or so he comes up with a new way to lose weight, that doesn't involve sweating. "We can breath deeper & the fat will go" --"we can sleep longer & lose weight" etc   etc

& I think Robblok, is right he does see himself as the victim, not the perpetrator. With quotes like some people can not lose weight--Really show me one picture of a concentration camp with a fat man in it. Show me some photos of an African country whose crop has failed & point out the big Jolly fat man in the Pic who doesn't eat anything but has a size 50 waist. After reading so many posts from JT I would say, you don't have the will to lose weight-so get ready for obese life style.

Do I know you--no,   but I have known so many  people like you , male & female who always look for the easy way out-the 2 minute exercise routine that doesn't make your heart beat too fast, How to eat doughnuts the right way & not put on weight.

Its really not science JT-its just the will to do. And when you go back to your keyboard  & slag off at me--just think, shouldn't I be out having a stiff walk instead.

Actually he has previously mentioned he has a weight problem. However, it is exactly as you say. He always seems to be looking for the easy way out. Something that he does not need to put any effort into to get results (BTW it does not exist). Perhaps his problem is that he is a gourmand - he probably knows 10, no 100, times more about food than I will ever know.

I am like Rob in that I have no sympathy for those who get obese and then complain about not being able to lose the weight (with the exception of those with underlying medical reasons for their obesity - a proportionately small number). If you can make yourself put on weight, you can make yourself lose it too.     

For the record, I would not mind a way to lose weight without effort. I just feel that a surgery like that is a bit too much as a first step. 

I myself am guilty for looking for easy ways too, i have tried many things to enhance the fat burning. In the end i found they do work a bit.. but consistency in your diet and exercise does far more then those drugs that help. 

My point is more that with some adjustments to diet (there are many options but cutting out processed foods and a lot of sugar would be a good start) most people would lose weight. People just don't like restrictions, and if I could eat all I want what I wanted and still keep my figure I would not be eating what I am eating now. IMHO it often is a choice. 

I will be up in my gym in under an hour :D  (but I don't mind that I actually like the lifting weights part as it reduces my stress... the rowing.. i like a bit less but do it because its effective)

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Any morbidly obese people happening to read this thread. Ignore the morality preachers. You have a life threatening MEDICAL condition. What caused this to happen is not relevant now. It's time to save your life. Do your own research on the statistical probability of long term success with self help methods vs. bariatric surgery. Then I reckon most people with that medical condition will be looking into the pros and cons of the different options for bariatric surgery, that is if they can afford it. In many nations, bariatric surgery for people with morbid obesity condition would be covered by insurance and national health care. There's your evidence about whether it's medically advisable or not in severe cases. 

The grey area involves less severe cases. But for morbidly obese, there is very little grey area.

What I find VERY REVEALING in this thread, is that in extreme cases of the morality preaching POV, the irrational dangerous IDEOLOGY against surgery when it's best indicated is still held to. It's bizarre really! Again, just imagine that level of science denial with any other MEDICAL CONDITION, regardless of controversy about how it's caused. Many other MEDICAL CONDITIONS have a lifestyle component in the etiology. DUH. But when it comes time to consider treatment ... the correct thing to do is to consider the most logical treatment with most favorable success rate for each patient. Changing behavior will usually be PART of it ... but that doesn't mean that medical procedures are ruled out just because there is a behavior component in it. 

JT. 

You are a fighter to the death.

You will never admit defeat so instead you change the subject to the morbidly obese. Its not what the OP is about. Its not what the conversations are about. 

But since I know you well enough to know you will not let this go until you are given some victory--OK..morbidly obese people should consider medical procedures to cut down on their life-threatening weight gain.

You are 1000% right. You have won. 

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I have posted before extensively on my personal situation around weight, including considerable weight loss. So I wasn't posting about my personal situation on this thread. It'll be clear if/when I do that in the future because I will say so. No mystery.

I will not be posting about personal stuff  on this thread. It's not even my thread.

The concentration camp example is majorly IDIOTIC. That situation killed people. Losing weight is not the main problem for most people dealing with weight issues. KEEPING IT OFF is. Duh.

You say you know people like me. No you clearly don't because your description of what you think I am like is totally false. Eating donuts? Don't be so silly. In fact, I find the tone and personal attacks in your post so ridiculous and worthless that it's time for --- welcome to my ignore list. 

59 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Something that he does not need to put any effort into to get results

More personal (and false) personal attacks. Ignore list for you too. 

To add, as I was discussing bariatric surgery (NOT for me) it's worth noting that to do that is not without effort to get the results. Such patients must go under surgery of course, which depending on the procedure could be a big deal, and they also MUST modify their eating behavior to increase the odds that the surgery works long term. In some cases, they must (with diet and exercise) lose some weight first themselves. Two reasons I think. First, it makes procedures safer and also to prove medically that the patient is a good candidate willing and able to modify behavior after the procedure. 

I think the U.K. national may often require bariatric patients to lose some weight themselves first  and I think often the main reason is to prove the patient is a good candidate to be helped with it. 

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

These statistics on the US are staggering:

The United States is the most obese country in North America with 35% of its population having a body max index of over 30.0 Nearly 78 million adults and 13 million children in the United States deal with the health and emotional effects of obesity every day. According to the CDC an average adult is 26 pounds heavier now than in the 1950’s.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-most-obese-countries-in-the-world.html

" emotional effects of obesity"

LOL The emotional effects of obesity.

What about the joy of eating what they want and not having to exercise? That's got to count for something.

On the sleep question from the rather intentionally sensationalist O.P., quite obviously just getting enough sleep is not going to be effective weight loss program in itself. :sleep:

But for people of any weight, there are benefits to getting adequate sleep.

Sleep deprivation is associated with development of obesity in the first place (one factor obviously).

So if you've never had excess weight, congratulations and you can help prevent it by getting enough sleep.

If you have excess weight or are trying to maintain a weight loss, by all means, help yourself with enough sleep (among other things).

Not so hard this one, is it? 

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/sleep/

56 minutes ago, robblok said:

For the record, I would not mind a way to lose weight without effort. I just feel that a surgery like that is a bit too much as a first step. 

If I recall correctly, you were never so obese that surgery would ever be recommended by an ethical doctor anyway, so irrelevant then. Of course many doctors aren't ethical and will do most any procedure if you can pay.

I would agree surgery as a "first step" would be unusual, but I can assure the vast majority of people dealing with morbid obesity or even more general obesity, that it wouldn't be the first step.  

Archived