Wife selling home...Tabien Bahn?

Looks like my wife will be selling her small home soon. She and my son are currently registered in her Blue book Tabien Bahn.

She's wondering what she does re Tabien Bahn when she sells? I'm guessing she signs the Tabien Bahn or whatever you do over to the new owner?

We are currently renting. Does she and my son stay on that Tabien Bahn for now or?

I don't understand the whole stupid system. All of her family, who don't own property are still registered in the Tabien Bahn of the house they

were born in. Homes / addresses may not even exist anymore. It seems to me like most Thai people are registered at addresses they don't even live.

To me a stupid pointless exercise. But hey, we're in Rome. I can understand a home owner having a TB but why does everyone here have to be registered?

Everyone has ID cards.

It sounds like many people renting get registered in the Landlords Tabien Bahn but in my experience they aren't always that co operative.

When my son was born rather than go back to her home Amphur and register him in her book we were going to ask our friends next door if we

could register him in their TB but my wife seemed to think it would cause problems in the future if we moved and lost contact with them. We

seem to use her TB here quite a bit, mainly stuff to do with me immigration, drivers licences etc. 

It is also important that you stay registered in the area you are living because your official address is the one tat goes on your ID card and you are only entitled to the 30 baht scheme at the nearest hospital to that unless another one accepts you.

1 hour ago, harrry said:

It is also important that you stay registered in the area you are living because your official address is the one tat goes on your ID card and you are only entitled to the 30 baht scheme at the nearest hospital to that unless another one accepts you.

For a Farang, a Tabien Baan is useful for getting a Thai Drivers License. Other than that, it is of no practical use for a Farang.

- The 30 Bht health scheme is not available to "Western Foreigners". Valid only for Thai Nationals, guest workers from neighboring Asian countries with work permit.

Cheers.

Just now, swissie said:

For a Farang, a Tabien Baan is useful for getting a Thai Drivers License. Other than that, it is of no practical use for a Farang.

- The 30 Bht health scheme is not available to "Western Foreigners". Valid only for Thai Nationals, guest workers from neighboring Asian countries with work permit.

Cheers.

Well aware of that.  The OP was talking about his wife and tabian bahn.  I presume his wife is Thai.  If so it is important she is on a TB in the district she actually lives in.  I gave one example.

Yes. I'm not talking about me. She's wondering how she will register after she sells her home. She's already changed her medical to where we live now. She doesn't have any family in this province. What are u supposed to do just find someone with a home and register with them?

The purchaser of the property will (or should) do two processes with your wife on the same day:

1. Buy the property at the land office. Straight after that comes

2. Buyer and seller visit the local office that deals with blue books. The buyer presents the chanote, and ID card, and your wife also presents her ID card.

Everyone is removed from the blue book. If your wife has another blue book available to her she can be transferred into it. If not she will be held in limbo in the system until she does get herself into a blue book.

If they wish, the new owner will be added as the head of household at this point. If the owner is already in a blue book and they do not wish to change their address, they will receive the old blue book with all names cancelled. It will stay that way until a new head of household is nominated.

What is the point of a blue book? OK I understand if you're a homeowner but for someone renting? We had to go to ridiculous lengths to register my new born in the wife's home Amphur. And has to be done within 2 weeks of birth. Just what you want. Travelling hundreds of kms in 44 degree heat with a new born. I pity the poor buggers who don't have transport and travel on these lunatic buses

You say your wife has changed her medical cover to where you live now, why can she not apply for a new TB at the place you are at now?

When we built our house here, my wife had to apply for a new TB from the Amphur, you needed the officially stamped house plans, old TB and ID if I remember correctly (It was about 12 years ago)

You say your wife has changed her medical cover to where you live now, why can she not apply for a new TB at the place you are at now?

When we built our house here, my wife had to apply for a new TB from the Amphur, you needed the officially stamped house plans, old TB and ID if I remember correctly (It was about 12 years ago)

Well correct me if I'm wrong but to go and get a TB here she'd have to own a home here? (We're renting). That being the case doesn't it mean she'd have to put herself and our baby on somebody else's TB? Obvious choice would be our landlord. Firstly they live in another province and they are also total a$$ holes. I needed to get a signed copy of his ID for immigration as he is the landlord here and was all too hard. There's that much stuff in the media about people getting scammed with their ID cards etc I find Thais are naturally wary of giving u anything like that. I'm sure others here have had more positive experiences. We have thai friends here that would help but the missus says if we move or lose contact with the owners of the TB it will present problems tracking them down in the future. Don't know if this is right or wrong

On 8/24/2016 at 3:56 PM, Kenny202 said:

What is the point of a blue book? OK I understand if you're a homeowner but for someone renting? We had to go to ridiculous lengths to register my new born in the wife's home Amphur. And has to be done within 2 weeks of birth. Just what you want. Travelling hundreds of kms in 44 degree heat with a new born. I pity the poor buggers who don't have transport and travel on these lunatic buses

The blue book is part of the Government's civil registration system. Just about every Thai person is listed somewhere or other. One of the uses of this system is for the call-up for selection for military service. Another use is when a Thai person applies for varies Government licenses or permits.

The point of the blue book is that is it useful for the Government. Which is why it will stay in use for quite a long time.

The blue book is part of the Government's civil registration system. Just about every Thai person is listed somewhere or other. One of the uses of this system is for the call-up for selection for military service. Another use is when a Thai person applies for varies Government licenses or permits.

The point of the blue book is that is it useful for the Government. Which is why it will stay in use for quite a long time.

I can't agree with that. Everyone has an ID card which could and probably is used for the things you mentioned. I can understand a TB being used for a home owner covering details of house, ownership etc but as for anything else....obviously behind the times here but most of the rest of the world did away with all that double handling 15 years ago. I'm sure it's just that nobody has asked tge question. Licences, medical everything should be all combined on one ID card

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

Well correct me if I'm wrong but to go and get a TB here she'd have to own a home here? (We're renting). That being the case doesn't it mean she'd have to put herself and our baby on somebody else's TB? Obvious choice would be our landlord. Firstly they live in another province and they are also total a$$ holes. I needed to get a signed copy of his ID for immigration as he is the landlord here and was all too hard. There's that much stuff in the media about people getting scammed with their ID cards etc I find Thais are naturally wary of giving u anything like that. I'm sure others here have had more positive experiences. We have thai friends here that would help but the missus says if we move or lose contact with the owners of the TB it will present problems tracking them down in the future. Don't know if this is right or wrong

I'll correct you as you're slightly wrong. Most Thai people that own a property are also listed as the Head of Household in the blue book - however it doesn't have to be this way. For example my wife's brother owns the family home and is the owner on the Chanote - but my wife's mother is the Head of Household in the blue book. Any Thai adult can be listed as Head of Household, whether they own the property or not.

The important thing for your wife is that any Thai person can be registered in any blue book. You do not have to own the property, but you do need the permission of the Head of Household. If the blue book is empty and the Thai person would be the first person entered in the blue book and therefore become the Head of Household (but they are not the owner) then they need the permission of the property owner.

In a nutshell, your wife can be entered into any blue book - however any new ID card she gets will also have that address on it.

Edited by blackcab

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I can't agree with that. Everyone has an ID card which could and probably is used for the things you mentioned. I can understand a TB being used for a home owner covering details of house, ownership etc but as for anything else....obviously behind the times here but most of the rest of the world did away with all that double handling 15 years ago. I'm sure it's just that nobody has asked tge question. Licences, medical everything should be all combined on one ID card

I completely agree with you. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen though.