Cannot reply to thread with previously quoted post

dantilley

A while ago I tried to quote a post in this thread, but never actually managed to submit the post due to the various technical errors on the site at that time. Now, whenever I try to reply in that thread, the old quoted post appears there and I can't click, type or do anything in the thread, the old quoted content is stuck there and prevents me from doing anything else. I've managed to click into the quote itself and delete all the text from it, but now I just see an empty quote block, and still can't click in or type a reply in the reply field.

Attached is what I see and I can't click in the space below the quote block, the cursor simply won't appear there when I click.

TV.JPG

Have you tried Ctrl + A (on your keyboard) in the Reply box and press Delete ?

Or position your mouse on the top left corner of the quote box. A [x] should appear click that and press delete

Edited by MJCM

Tha PC is fine on Chrome,it's the Tapatalk that's playing Up and there is no app for Apple phones with visa connect.Can see what good this work has done.Old Locked topics from years bac still litter the pages.Can someone tell me where it's Realy an improvement 

3 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Having the same problem of quote boxes being stuck in the reply box and unable to delete (Chrome).

It's obviously a bug, so please fix it.

Works for me Chrome Android phone TOT ADSL WiFi

The mobile version of Thaivisa  in  Firefox and Chrome on my Android phone is quite usable

The app for Android seems to be working ok too.

Due to my "cretinous Cretaceous  WinXP"   I cant run chrome on my PC   :lol:

Just now, johng said:

The mobile version of Thaivisa  in  Firefox and Chrome on my Android phone is quite usable

The app for Android seems to be working ok too.

Due to my "cretinous Cretaceous  WinXP"   I cant run chrome on my PC   :lol:

Paeleozoic I think.

:thumbsup:

On 8/25/2016 at 11:30 AM, Chicog said:

Having the same problem of quote boxes being stuck in the reply box and unable to delete (Chrome).
It's obviously a bug, so please fix it.

That's part of my problem also.  It's v. frustrating because I cannot post posts.  Before the revamp, there was a provision (digital toggle) to switch to edit mode.  It made posting easier.  Now, if a poster is stuck with an unwanted quote and/or quote box, that's it, despite refreshing the page and it also sticks when closing and re-opening the browser!   There are times when I can't even get any typing to enter as a response.   Frustrated.

Any of our TV Nerds going to address this post?

Is there going to be a fix?

Or how about the "View Codes" option so you can just see it as HTML and wipe it all out, the option that used to be there if there were formatting errors that needed correcting?

Or are you just going to keep us in the dark?

I have no idea how to reply to anything.  I can't include the other post I am replying to in its entirety.  It makes no sense to only have one post and not the post referenced.  Nor can I see who has replied to any of my posts in my content and I don't know how to access my content in my profile.  Posting is completely messed up and was 100% better before you stared messing with the changes.  I think I am arguing with a guy because neither of know how to post responses and not because of any difference of opinion.  If you didn't already know it - it is really messed up. 

Edited by Scotwight

VBF kindly posted this solution in another thread:

Position the cursor in the area of the the quote.

Type Ctrl + Rightclick

A dialogue box appear as attached below - select "Remove Quote and Keep Contents" or "Remove Quote" as you wish

Then you can click the original "Quote" to start again if you wish to.