Imm office Prachinburi

Wow - had no idea and was all set to go to Chachoengsao tomorrow!

However could you please explain what you mean by "opposite the main Prachinburi Government building "?

There are many government  buildings in Prachinburi - the Ampur, the Provincial HQ etc. and all of them on the opposite side of the river from the town proper. However when I just called this place they describe themselves as being within the toe (north of the river). Which does not  AFAIK have any "main" government buildings other than the police station. ...?

OK, went there. It is right in the center of town, across the street from the back (i.e. east side)  of the main  Ampur offices (not to be confused with the various provincial government offices nor the Ampur housing office, all of which are across the river). In the map below, see the square with "Muang Prachin Buri Municipal Office" in it, the Immigration office is across from that to the east.

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 6.43.17 PM.png

The officer there said that he did not know of any street address, and referred to the road they are on as "Soi Tesabon" but as you can see from the map below it seems actually to be called  Chaeng Phattana Road.

I forgot to ask if they cover only Prachinburi or also Nakorn Nayok.

No problems doing extension of stay (retirement) there despite it being almost 4 weeks before the expiration of my current permission to stay. I was in and out in under an hour and they were perfectly pleasant. None of the unusual requirements I have read about happening in other locations - no demand for a medical certificate, no request for a map much less satellite image of my house etc etc. No sign of the famed new foreigner information form either. Just proof of meeting the financial requirements and proof of residence.  There was one new form I had not seen before which they asked me to sign, consisting of two pages the first describing general visa conditions and the second one, the penalties for overstay.

They did want photocopies of every single past extension (which in my case is a lot of pages) - I had prepared copies of just the face page, last entry stamp, arrival card, last year's extension and the page that copied the original visa info from my old passport (this is my 12th year in a row so it spans 2 passports). However the officer nicely got up and made the additional copies himself (that may change as they get busier, no doubt).

The only small glitch was that my passport expires next July and they gave me the extension only through that time; in the past I always got the full year and then had it transferred to the new passport when I got it. So I got 10 months instead of 12, slight nuisance but no biggie, but something to be aware of if anyone has a passport due to expire in the coming months.

I asked if they are able to accept 90 day reporting by internet and they said yes.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

If somebody can get a GPS location of the office it would be good so that Maestro can put it on our map of offices.

The address would also be helpful for those wanting to do 90 day reports by mail.

Where is the link to this, or how do I view it? Would love to view a map with these locations marked.

On 9/2/2016 at 10:29 PM, colinchaffers said:
Sheryl, I have heard that "proof of funds" needs authorization from the Thai embassy in BKK, as well as in my case the "proof of funds" letter from the British Embassy, what was your experience?

I use the 800,000 baht in the bank method not monthly income so not applicable to me, I needed only letter from the bank and bank book.

Those who use the monthly income method need a letter from their Embassy confirming the income. I don't know what you mean by "Thai Embassy in Bangkok" as there isn't one. If you mean the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, first I have heard of that. The Prachin office does not seem to ask for anything other than the required documentation listed on the Imm website.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I can not find prachinburi Immigration office in that map.... which was the subjecy here... can you plse help me..... Is there another link to find a map over this immigration-office,

Thanks

Glegolo

It is not there yet. I asked for a GPS location of it so Maestro could put it on the map.

OK sorry to ask for more exact info... What you call  municipal offices ..... has that to do anything at all with Immigration office or what..... I do not need anything else I think,,, beside the location of the Immigration office...

So is Municipal office the very same as immigration office, if not,, why are we talking about it.

Sorry again if I step on anybodys toes here.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

11 hours ago, glegolo said:

OK sorry to ask for more exact info... What you call  municipal offices ..... has that to do anything at all with Immigration office or what..... I do not need anything else I think,,, beside the location of the Immigration office...

So is Municipal office the very same as immigration office, if not,, why are we talking about it.

Go up the page a bit and read this post. 

On 8/26/2016 at 7:04 PM, Sheryl said:

OK, went there. It is right in the center of town, across the street from the back (i.e. east side)  of the main  Ampur offices (not to be confused with the various provincial government offices nor the Ampur housing office, all of which are across the river). In the map below, see the square with "Muang Prachin Buri Municipal Office" in it, the Immigration office is across from that to the east.

I went on Google maps and found the office and obtained a GPS address that maps will recognize and posted a link to the map to make it easier to find.

• 4 weeks later...

Very good new, I just learned from Sri maha phot police today that there is an immigration office in Prachinburi ;I  go tomorrow have a look ( with my GPS , easy to find ) and thank you Sheryl for the informations, I shall ask also if they sign life certificates; extension of visa for me in ten days  

In fact, I forget to say, the policeman this morning told me that the office is here for one year already , and it's just when I told him that I must to Chachoengsao for the immigration that he told me , no need, there is one in Prachinburi since last year

Edited by Aforek

35 minutes ago, lazygourmet said:

Any idea regarding their phone contact number? I would like to know if they are open today, Monday 17th.

All immigration offices will be open today. No notice has been made they will be closed since it has not been declared a public holiday.

They will be closed next Monday for a scheduled holiday though.

• Like 1