NHS cuts 'planned across England'

webfact

5 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You forgot breast implants/reductions, and other plastic surgery... all because the patient person has "low self-esteem".

I didnt really :P

I dread to think how many other £ Billions are spent on non Primary Care.

I only had figures for the 3 that I listed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You forgot breast implants/reductions, and other plastic surgery... all because the patient person has "low self-esteem".

According to Netdoctor, breast augmentation is rarely performed on the NHS, only occuring if a psychiatrist agrees that there is a substantial risk to the patient's mental health if said breasts are not enlarged.

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

NHS spends 640 million on management consultants

"The causes of the increased expenditure on management consultants is tied to the wide scale introduction of market forces into the essential structure of the NHS, "

"Dr Clive Peedell, a consultant oncologist and co-leader of the National Health Action Party, a political party set up to oppose the health reforms, says the money “should be spent on patients”. Adding, “This government’s disastrous and wasteful NHS reorganisation has enabled management consultants to cash in on our NHS and syphon off millions that should be spent on patients while hiding behind a cloak of unaccountability.” "

Spot on.

An academic I know was asked to do some research on NHS in the early 90's. She told me that most of the problems and issues were down to poor management, especially at higher levels, and very poor leadership from CEO's and their senior administrative staffs. Not the clinical staff, doctors, nurses, technicians and health professionals. 

I believe that situation has got worse. CEO's and higher management are often appointed based on positive discrimination, political correctness or in-bred within an organization and not disposed to change. Look at the amount of failures, and there's plenty, that are attributed to leadership, management and process. Apologies but very rare for sackings or real disciplines. 

I know many procurement professionals who work in the NHS. Most get totally frustrated at the waster and lack of contract performance management, especially in the area of "professional services" such as consulting, training, etc. They lost a lot of money through poor bidding process, selection, and contract award and management on a proposed integrated IT system. They then got taken to the cleaners by those who they contracted to sort the mess out. They re-organize alarmingly regularly, over complicate, allow too much freedom of choice from senior managers and seem frightened to actually grasp the nettle and managing tightly. 

I know many former NHS employees who leave set up as a "consultant" and then pick up nice contracts from their old friends. It's all too tea and biscuits and no accountability mentality.

47 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

According to Netdoctor, breast augmentation is rarely performed on the NHS, only occuring if a psychiatrist agrees that there is a substantial risk to the patient's mental health if said breasts are not enlarged.

Off topic slightly but sterilization and vasectomies will be carried out free. A reversal for a lady is free whereas as man has to go private. 

If there are medical conditions for these, then it should be free. If however, it's down to choosing a more convenient form of contraception of then changing your mind then the person should pay would seem more reasonable.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

One way to generate more income would be to get payment from those not entitled to free treatment.

I recall talking to a guy from Belgium working in the UK who told me about another work colleague of his who needed treatment and was not entitled for free treatment, when he asked about paying he was told it was too much trouble to bill him.

Well this certainly does not appear to be too much trouble in the case of British expats who have retired to Thailand and other non-EU countries and now find themselves denied free NHS treatment on their trips back to Blighty despite a lifetime of working and paying NI contributions in the UK, as threads on the Home Country forum testify!

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, Alwyn said:

Nye Bevan must be turning in his grave!!

Wonder what he'd think of Boris the Buffoon and Liar Farage promising to pump all that much exaggerated weekly savings from EU contributions into the NHS - then welshing on it very quickly.

Once the envy of the world. Now a dying leviathon. My wife was shocked at the state of NHS geriatric wards when she moved to the UK and my mum went into hospital. 

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Well this certainly does not appear to be too much trouble in the case of British expats who have retired to Thailand and other non-EU countries and now find themselves denied free NHS treatment on their trips back to Blighty despite a lifetime of working and paying NI contributions in the UK, as threads on the Home Country forum testify!

Your done paying and they are done caring. The retired are kicked out to the bone yard after they have clean off as much as they can from the carcass. They must provide services for new landed immigrants that have paid nothing into the system you know grateful future diseased voters flooding the country. 

So politicians with connections to health care companies etc. under fund the NHS... but it must be the fault of immigrants that the NHS is collapsing.

Amazing how we can find money for tax breaks for the rich and corporations, to fund wars - but health care - can't afford that.

http://socialinvestigations.blogspot.com/2014/03/compilation-of-parliamentary-financial.html

And agree the NHS needs sorting out, but not by the likes of the neo-liberal Tory party or the Blairite New Labour. They want to sell it off to their rich mates. 

We need to get rid of the layers of ineffectual management and get it funded efficently and properly. But blanket blaming foreigners is just asinine and ideological nonsense which shirts the blame from the real reasons why the NHS is failing. 

Cos as we well know poor working class people are always the cause of economic problems in the world (and yes I am being sarcastic!)

22 hours ago, petermik said:

You must live in the affluent part of England,I can speak without any bias as to what has happened in my area of Greater Manchester :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

You must hate lower Sukhumvit then, with all those Johnny Foreigners not talking Thai much ;)

:coffee1::coffee1::coffee1:

keep taking the tablets

18 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Off topic slightly but sterilization and vasectomies will be carried out free. A reversal for a lady is free whereas as man has to go private.

If there are medical conditions for these, then it should be free. If however, it's down to choosing a more convenient form of contraception of then changing your mind then the person should pay would seem more reasonable.

sterilization and vasectomies will be carried out free

As they should be, but reversals should not be allowed on the public purse.

19 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

LOL. Has any person comitted suicide because they can't get boobs?

If being unhappy was a requirement for obtaining other people's money I'd be extremely rich by now.