Do checks expire in Thailand?

In the west checks sometimes say expires in 90 days.  I have a Thai govt refund check a few months old.  A Thai tells me there is no such policy but better i cash it ASAP just in case.  Does the tax refund check expire after a certain amount of time and no longer can cash and must be reissued, is a reissue even possible?

10 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Oh they expire on 15 days Look I have an idea I collect old checks and paper my walls with them So if you give it to me it will be good Thanks

I once got a cheque for a nominal sum of $1, related to a patent assignment. I put it up on my office wall. The bean counters were furious, because they could not balance their books until I cashed it.

I had me some fun with a telecom company in the states before I moved over here. They sent me a refund check for 10 cents so I sent them a check for 10 cents. They sent me back a check for 20 cents and a form letter explaining that this was a refund for over payment and not a bill. So I sent them a check for 20 cents with a form letter explaining that this was payment in full and the account should be considered settled.

Long story short, this continued for nearly a year until I finally let them off the hook and just filed their latest check for $2 away under "just for fun". :lol:

I had free checking from my bank and free postage from the same telecom for returning bill payments.

Archived