Burkini ban suspended by top French court

rooster59

58 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So, if you had loyal North Koreans in France, and they criticized the French president, it would be okay to execute them because that's what would happen in North Korea? Or rather merely imprisoning them for life would pass as enlightened in France because if they were in North Korea they would be executed?

Yes I'm all for the " an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" policy, hey wait, isn't that the basic of the law applied by the group of people you support so eagerly?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anthony5 said:

No it are not the French who demanded to wear a burkini, there may be a few French among them but there are also a lot immigrants included hence the mention of Saudi Arabia which actually could have been any other middle Eastern country, and as I'm aware France is not Muslim .

My country is not the subject of this thread as it applies to all western countries, the links I posted are from your country.

Now just try to make the same demands in ANY of the countries from which the Muslims originate from.Please let us know who that turns out.

I could take the time to find similar links for almost every country in Europe, <removed>

Most French Muslims are of North African origin; coming from countries which France used to rule. Of course, many of those were born in Metropolitan France or an overseas department and so are French citizens. Approximately 2.5% come from Middle Eastern countries (source).

France is a secular country and is also a free, democratic one. They do have a law against face coverings, but this applies to all, not just Muslims. Other than that anyone can dress as they wish, whether they be Muslim, Haredi Jews, Sikh, Hari Krishna, etc.

That is as it should be in a free, democratic country. That some countries do not have that freedom is no reason why those of us who live in countries which do should lose our freedoms.

Yes, you could finds links from any free democratic country showing that various groups can and do have sessions in swimming pools exclusively for themselves; I even provided some for you!

That some countries do not have the freedom which allows this is no reason for those of us who live in in countries which do should lose our freedoms.

2 hours ago, Anthony5 said:

It's even not worth replying to an apologist, so this is my last reply to you (7by7) anyway.

Apparently you got that wrong as well!

4 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

The group that supports Sharia law, which happen to be the same as which are wearing burkinis.

How about the group that supports liberty for all, not simply liberty for bigots, racists, xenophobes and Islamophobes? 

The Conseiller d'État has overruled the Burqini ban in Nice.

Welcome back to the beach ladies. 

Edited by GuestHouse

1 minute ago, GuestHouse said:

How about the group that supports liberty for all, not simply liberty for bigots, racists, xenophobes and Islamophobes? 

The Conseiller d'État has overruled the Burqini ban in Nice.

Welcome back to the beach ladies. 

Really he overruled it? Great selective reading from your side.

The ruling by the State Council in Paris is a temporary one which only applies to the town. A permanent ruling on whether or not to ban the burkini from public view in France is expected to be made in a few months.

13 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Yes I'm all for the " an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" policy, hey wait, isn't that the basic of the law applied by the group of people you support so eagerly?

How is the comparative punishments dished out according to a person's origin 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'?

It is not.

Do you have any idea of what you are talking about... I mean any idea at all?

Edited by GuestHouse

See my post above. I guess it is fine for you to start cherry picking when it comes to defend Muslims and attack your own race.

i asked a logical question to point to your clearly and quite obvious intentionally misleading comment.

1 minute ago, Anthony5 said:

The ruling by the State Council in Paris is a temporary one which only applies to the town. A permanent ruling on whether or not to ban the burkini from public view in France is expected to be made in a few months.

Yep, overruled. 

Do you know on what basis the Conseiller d'État makes its rulings and if so what do you expect to change between now and the formal binding ruling?

Yes, although temporary pending a permanent ruling; he overruled it!

No it are not the French who demanded to wear a burkini, there may be a few French among them but there are also a lot immigrants included hence the mention of Saudi Arabia which actually could have been any other middle Eastern country, and as I'm aware France is not Muslim .

My country is not the subject of this thread as it applies to all western countries, the links I posted are from your country.

Now just try to make the same demands in ANY of the countries from which the Muslims originate from.Please let us know who that turns out.

I could take the time to find similar links for almost every country in Europe, <removed>

France is not muslim? What are you blathering about?

Until you identify one 'Western' (to use your words) country that requires its citizens to be Christian, then all your talk about muslim and non muslim countries is hooey. A muslim citizen of France expects that French law respect that person irrespective of their faith or color of their skin or their race. No 'western' country's law can discriminate against any group of people. That is why the French Supreme Court has struck down this particular piece of bigotry.

Your particular set of beliefs is no superior or privileged than any other persons.

1 minute ago, GuestHouse said:

Yep, overruled. 

Do you know on what basis the Conseiller d'État makes its rulings and if so what do you expect to change between now and the formal binding ruling?

So you know what the permanent ruling will be? You must be a fortune teller.

A permanent ruling on whether or not to ban the burkini

7 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

when it's too cold at the beach for burkinis and bikinis :whistling:

4 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

So a country that wants to retain its own cultural identity is not allowed by the PC police? 

If immigrants didn't change the culture of the countries they move to, the British would still be living in mud huts, dressing in animal skins, painting themselves blue. 

But we need not go that far back - the most popular food amongst British people on a night out is..... Curry. 

Culture changes - get used to the constant change. 

5 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Of course no one knows what the final ruling will be; but it would be unusual for it to be different from this initial one.

However, whatever that final ruling may be, the statement that "The Conseiller d'État has overruled the Burqini ban in Nice" is currently 100% correct.

No amount of spin from you will change that!

2 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

If immigrants didn't change the culture of the countries they move to, the British would still be living in mud huts, dressing in animal skins, painting themselves blue. 

did they stop painting themselves blue?  :o

3 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

You think there will be no summer next year?

Sure there will be one, I can only hope that it will be one without burkinis

I hope it will be one without ignorant bigots; but I suspect we will both be disappointed.

I asked you if you know what you are talking about, I even asked you if you really know what you are talking about. 

I then gave you a heavy clue when I asked you "Do you know on what basis the Conseiller d'État makes its rulings"

You've now come back and confirmed that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. 

Here's the answer:

The  Conseiller d'État is an administrative court, it only examines if the actions of the state or the actions of a state official are compliant with the law. The Conseiller d'État does not make the law, it adjudicates on the application of the law. 

The case examined by the Conseiller d'État was not should Burqinis be banned, but was the Mayor of Nice acting legally when he banned Burqinis. 

The council of state is not empowered to make a new law banning Burqinis and will not rule Burqinis should be banned - Making laws is not what the Conseiller d'État is established to do.

Go educate yourself before posting more nonsense on stuff you have absolutely no idea about. 

9 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

I asked you if you know what you are talking about, I even asked you if you really know what you are talking about. 

Oh yes I do, there may be voted a new law soon, against which the council of state can nothing do at all.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls has defended the ban but some ministers have criticized it, splitting the government.

Nicolas Sarkozy, who is running again in the election in 2017, has said he’ll never allow burkinis to be worn if he becomes president.

Edited by Anthony5
Left out some unrelated drivel from the other poster

35 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

The group that supports Sharia law, which happen to be the same as which are wearing burkinis.

Do you have any evidence that the majority of French Muslims, or even a substantial minority, support imposing Sharia law in France?

Opinion polls are not reliable; a lot depends not only on who the pollsters ask, but also on what they ask.

• Do you support adopting Sharia law as the basis of national and local laws and enforcing it on non Muslims?
  • Do you support keeping Sharia principles in your personal life?
  • Do you support using Sharia institutions such as Islamic banks
  • Do you support using Sharia courts to resolve civil disputes?

Someone who answers “yes” to any of the above would also answer "yes" to the question "Do you support Sharia law?" But that doesn't mean they would answer "yes" to the first question.

As for the other three; I see nothing wrong in that. After all, Jews in Europe have been doing just that through Halacha and Beth Din for centuries without affecting the rest of us.

15 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Oh yes I do, there may be voted a new law soon, against which the council of state can nothing do at all.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls has defended the ban but some ministers have criticized it, splitting the government.

Nicolas Sarkozy, who is running again in the election in 2017, has said he’ll never allow burkinis to be worn if he becomes president.

As I said earlier, I don't think it a good idea to pin your hopes on the French fighting any wars for you. 

9 minutes ago, GuestHouse said:

As I said earlier, I don't think it a good idea to pin your hopes on the French fighting any wars for you. 

Would you believe that the very last thing that comes up in my mind is even remotely considering what you think?

Skin cancer may attack my body at any time, it seems to be running rather rife in my family.

If i was to go to the beach, i would wear a burkini to cover my skin.  Perhaps not with the head covering.  But, if advised by doctors, that is my only choice to enjoy a day at the beach.

I'd wear one.  

People should be able to wear what they want, wether on the beach or walking down the street.

Myself, i think Speedos should be banned all over the World.  Also string bikinis on anyone over 35.

Look at the Thais, they go swimming in jeans and t shirts - What's the difference.

20 hours ago, rijit said:

No confusion the ban as your pictures showed was just plain ridiculous What they didnt show was the nasty small minded rascist ignorant people behind the ban

a wetsuit does not identify one's religion. a burkini does. that's the difference. same thing with a plain necklace vs a necklace with a cross for a pendant.

14 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

a wetsuit does not identify one's religion. a burkini does. that's the difference. same thing with a plain necklace vs a necklace with a cross for a pendant.

OK, but  wearing a necklace with a cross symbol in a public place is not banned in France.

BTW did you know the French Police estimated there was only 2,000 women wearing Burka's in a public place in France? Taking this number into account the poison pouring out of the bigots keyboards is massive exaggeration.

25 minutes ago, simple1 said:

OK, but  wearing a necklace with a cross symbol in a public place is not banned in France.

BTW did you know the French Police estimated there was only 2,000 women wearing Burka's in a public place in France? Taking this number into account the poison pouring out of the bigots keyboards is massive exaggeration.

and they are such a threat they really warranted possible prosecution,,, or was it  persecution , it as fcking bigotry FULL STOP< IGNORANT  racist BIGOTRY  

i've got  a really culturally refined french mate , but he's a &lt;deleted&gt; ignorant  racist fascist  biggot  its weird he cannot disseminate his irrational  psychosis,, yeah i'm pissed ,, well almost :cheesy: