Married extention in Samui

domu

Hello everybody,

I've been doing an O visa based on married for many years in Laos  (no bankbook required in Savanakhet).

As I can get the 400k Bath this year, I'd like to switch to an extension.

I got a list of documents needed from immigration in  Nathon but after googling the web, this list looks like not updated.

If someone have been doing this extension recently and got it, I will be really happy to get a complete new list.

Thanks for help.

My list from earlier this month, unless noted otherwise 2 copies of each (take spare just in case):

• TM7.
  • Passport Photos * 3 (1 for the alien information form).
  • Passport Photocopies (details page plus any pages with Thai stamps on them).
  • Marriage certificate + translation (certified by MFA in BKK).
  • Kor Ror 22(must be recent).
  • Wife's Thai ID card.
  • Wife's Tabien Baan (If you don't live at the property shown on the Tabien Baan you may need rental agreement as well).
  • Hand drawn map to your house with longitude and latitude (see the photo of the new immigration location to see what they want it to look like), a google maps printout is no longer accepted.
  • Photos of you and your wife, showing house, use number inside of the house, etc.  Take actual photos pasted onto A4 paper, earlier this year they were complaining if people took pictures that they had printed at home.
  • Letter from bank confirming balance of 400k for minimum 3 months signed by branch manager (your bank should have a template that they fill in, just ask for the immigration letter) .
  • Bank statement printed and stamped by the bank showing minimum 3 months history.
  • Bank book, first page plus any details pages that have been used.

The bank letter, statement and book should be no more that 1 day old, deposit 100 baht in the account and update the book the day before you go.

They will ask you to fill in the alien information form when you get there.  You wife will be asked to fill in a couple of more forms, one detailing both your families.  The second on how you meet, when you got married and where YOUR money is coming from to support her (this use to be an interview now they ask you to write the details and they will type them up and ask you to sign them).

Finally take some patience, they have been playing a game to see how long they can make people wait before doing anything, earlier this month it was taking 7 hours before they would start looking at the first long term extension applications for the day, once I got into the office I was out with my 30 day consideration stamp in 15 minutes.

Finally remember that from the 19th of September they are supposed to be in the new office in Maenam.

Thanks for the answer BSD which is much more clear than what I got from immigration.

This means that I don't need a health certificate and a declaration from amphur that we are still married (

43 minutes ago, Bsd said:

Kor Ror 22? I checked this document on TV.

It looks like this is for people being married outside Thailand.

I have the Kor Ror 2 and I suppose that I must do a fresh print of it in amphur in Nathon

A non-thai marriage certificate needs a translation into thai which needs to be certified by MFA.

Kor Ror 22 is for marriages outside Thailand.  I cant confirm the documents for a thai marriage.

• 5 months later...
On 28/08/2016 at 4:02 PM, Bsd said:

You wife will be asked to fill in a couple of more forms, one detailing both your families.  The second on how you meet, when you got married and where YOUR money is coming from to support her (this use to be an interview now they ask you to write the details and they will type them up and ask you to sign them).

Hi,

When you say "where YOUR money is coming from to support her" do you mean they ask about the origin of the 400.000THB deposited in the bank account or whether you work or not and what is your work? They used to never ask where the money was coming from. 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Pebbles33 said:

I would just like to know how recent the Kor Ror 22 has to be? We did ours last year and are now reapplying. Is that recent enough? 

I must provide a new kor ror 2 every year. 

Costs you 20 baht per copy at the amphur. 

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I must provide a new kor ror 2 every year. 

Costs you 20 baht per copy at the amphur. 

Ok. We have a certified copy of Kor Ror 22 from the Amphur in Chiang Mai, where we did the Visa last. Does this mean we have to get a new one on Koh Pha-ngan, where we now live, or Koh Samui? Thanks for your help. 

43 minutes ago, Pebbles33 said:

Ok. We have a certified copy of Kor Ror 22 from the Amphur in Chiang Mai, where we did the Visa last. Does this mean we have to get a new one on Koh Pha-ngan, where we now live, or Koh Samui? Thanks for your help. 

You can get it in any amphur. 

14 hours ago, muratremix said:

Samui is the worst place to make visa extension based on marriage.

Extra documents they are taking / asking is outrageous. It is by far the least farang friendly compared to Bangkok / Pattaya and Phuket.

It would be more helpful if you specify what those extra documents are so applicants can bring them instead of having to do a second visit.

15 hours ago, muratremix said:

Samui is the worst place to make visa extension based on marriage.

Extra documents they are taking / asking is outrageous. It is by far the least farang friendly compared to Bangkok / Pattaya and Phuket.

I was in for my extension last week, the new lady in charge of marriage extensions was the friendliest yet. 

Requirements was same as in Bangkok now. 

43 minutes ago, lom said:

It would be more helpful if you specify what those extra documents are so applicants can bring them instead of having to do a second visit.

It's all here, nothing extra. 

59364dcaf3c8f_marriageextensionSamui.thumb.jpg.28fcd3829c1cc1e86919babfbc4bf263.jpg

This is from last year. 

Changes this year :

1. Money in bank only has to be there two months. 

2. Family photos must include, one with house number, one in bedroom sitting on bed, one in living room. 

3. #14 is replaced with TM30 from the house master. 

All discussed in this pinned thread. 

6 hours ago, lom said:

It was last year, in addition to everything else required, they made me sign a thai document written by lady in charge after a small questionnaire (religion!, income, address in homecountry etc etc)

also my wife signed that document too, and they made my wife to sign a document to warrant for me, which is completely utterly BS because I don't need my wife's consent or anything as I'm father to a Thai child (with my thai wife) and I have 400K baht stored in bank and there is no way they can deny my visa since my kid was only 3 years old (now 4). They kept saying it is harder to make visa here in Samui to my wife, like they were expecting something in return. I have zero tips policy (except in Massage and Restaurants) and if I have everything required, why tip extra?

I'll see what kind of improvements made this year.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:23 PM, PoorSucker said:

Same documents to sign, been doing this for 10 years now. 

Less documents to sign in the rest of the Thailand. They never asked me to sign a completely Thai document which is impossible for me to read or understand, and thats absurd.

Btw I heard they made it easier to apply for Permanent Residence now, however I broke my marriage visa renewals by one year after 5 recurring renewals and I'm at one year now, need to wait 2 more years before I can apply for PR.

16 hours ago, muratremix said:

They never asked me to sign a completely Thai document which is impossible for me to read or understand, and thats absurd.

Is it this agreement, "Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions...", new from last year that you are talking about..?

New-Img-form-2017.thumb.jpg.9623ddfc8d0b9d2f802449ba12c7353a.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 2:06 PM, khunPer said:

Is it this agreement, "Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions...", new from last year that you are talking about..?

New-Img-form-2017.thumb.jpg.9623ddfc8d0b9d2f802449ba12c7353a.jpg

No, not this one. as you can see this document has some english text.

what I signed was 100% thai and written by immigration officer lady for my case only (I had all documents and money in bank plus a 3 y.o thai kid, fruit of the marriage, not a fake one)

2 hours ago, muratremix said:

No, not this one. as you can see this document has some english text.

what I signed was 100% thai and written by immigration officer lady for my case only (I had all documents and money in bank plus a 3 y.o thai kid, fruit of the marriage, not a fake one)

I got this document for ten years now. 

Both wife and husband has to sign it. 

According to my wife it's a acknowledgement that all our papers handed in are true. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/5/2018 at 9:19 PM, muratremix said:

Less documents to sign in the rest of the Thailand. They never asked me to sign a completely Thai document which is impossible for me to read or understand, and thats absurd.

Btw I heard they made it easier to apply for Permanent Residence now, however I broke my marriage visa renewals by one year after 5 recurring renewals and I'm at one year now, need to wait 2 more years before I can apply for PR.

Hi. Can you explain more about the Permanent Residence and what the requirements for that are? How many years of getting marriage visas does that require? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Pebbles33 said:

Hi. Can you explain more about the Permanent Residence and what the requirements for that are? How many years of getting marriage visas does that require? Thanks!

There is a pinned Thaivisa thread here...

On 10/19/2018 at 1:10 PM, Pebbles33 said:

Three years of extension, three years of tax being paid on income over 80.000 baht.

Read and write Thai.

180.000 baht application fee, cut by 50% if married to a Thai.

Archived