Paris restaurant 'refuses to serve Muslim women'

webfact

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

No

You are free to believe what ever you like

Just don't shove it in my face

You are free to believe what you like but not wear what you like, such freedom you permit, you are free to desire what you like just don't expect others to conform to your ideals.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

You are free to believe what you like but not wear what you like, such freedom you permit, you are free to desire what you like just don't expect others to conform to your ideals.

Are you channeling God here?  Your asserting something doesn't make it so. With a few exceptions, in democratic nations, you are free to wear what you like just as much as you are free to wave signs and banners etc.  

40 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Are you channeling God here?  Your asserting something doesn't make it so. With a few exceptions, in democratic nations, you are free to wear what you like just as much as you are free to wave signs and banners etc.  

Do you understand what I was replying to?  I was summarizing what they were said before replying to it, that may not have been clear.

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

In the real world it is often the 'exceptions' which dictate the argument.

this is not going to end any time soon. and Facebook and Google have agreed to do doing the same thing, announced today.... that in the end won't be any more or less "helpful" than what happened at one restaurant in France. 

on a different scale.

Edited by maewang99

19 minutes ago, maewang99 said:

this is not going to end any time soon. and Facebook and Google have agreed to do doing the same thing, announced today.... that in the end won't be any more or less "helpful" than what happened at one restaurant in France. 

on a different scale.

No idea what you are on about. Either a link or an explanation would be helpful.

2 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

If someone wearing a burkha walked into a restaurant. I'd walk out. My prerogative. Hijab? At least I can see their faces but I would certainly be watching their hands.

For that matter, it's your prerogative to walk out if a black African walks into the restaurant. Or an Hasidic Jew. I mean, who's stopping you? And why would we want to?

3 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

If someone wearing a burkha walked into a restaurant. I'd walk out. My prerogative. Hijab? At least I can see their faces but I would certainly be watching their hands.

If they are wearing a burqa they shouldn't be eating in a restaurant, as how could they eat when their mouth is covered?

23 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

For that matter, it's your prerogative to walk out if a black African walks into the restaurant. Or an Hasidic Jew. I mean, who's stopping you? And why would we want to?

You obviously miss his point. A burqa makes many uncomfortable. I don't want to be around people wearing them, as it brings back bad memories of Saudi.

Being in the same room as black people or Hasidic Jews wouldn't cause me to feel distressed and wanting to leave the room.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You obviously miss his point. A burqa makes many uncomfortable. I don't want to be around people wearing them, as it brings back bad memories of Saudi.

Being in the same room as black people or Hasidic Jews wouldn't cause me to feel distressed and wanting to leave the room.

No, you're missing the point. Seeing a black african or an hasidic jew or a protestant pastor for that matter might make some people uncomfortable. And if it does, they can leave.  Why should the sight of what makes you uncomfortable be special?

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

And if black people reminded me of Uganda?  It would clearly be you who has missed the point.

3 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

Quite the coward, and seemingly proud of that fact.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I am not an atheist, but I'd like to see all religious symbols, of every religion banned, at least in countries with separation of state and religion.

Too many people have been killed over the centuries because of religious fairy stories, IMO. If people want to follow their particular fairy story, do so by every means, but don't get in my face with it.

No difference between wearing religious symbols and a swastika, IMO. They are just announcing to the world what people believe in. Religion has probably killed more people than Hitler.

You are obviously ignorant of the fact that the swastika is an ancient symbol of good luck in many religions; including Buddhism.

How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

Yes, religious wars and persecution have almost certainly killed more people than the Nazis; although over several thousand years of human history rather than the 12 years of Nazi Germany. Wonder how an annual rate would compare?

"If people want to follow their particular fairy story, do so by every means, but don't get in my face with it."

If people want to follow their particular football team, do so by every means, but don't get in my face with it!

Ban the wearing of all football shirts, scarves, badges etc. in public now!

6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You are obviously ignorant of the fact that the swastika is an ancient symbol of good luck in many religions; including Buddhism.

How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it

Yes, religious wars and persecution have almost certainly killed more people than the Nazis; although over several thousand years of human history rather than the 12 years of Nazi Germany. Wonder how an annual rate would compare?

"If people want to follow their particular fairy story, do so by every means, but don't get in my face with it."

If people want to follow their particular football team, do so by every means, but don't get in my face with it!

Ban the wearing of all football shirts, scarves, badges etc. in public now!

Pretty lame attempt to relativise the swastika from its significance. And spinning it out with football shirts is not particularly impressive. Sold with a half-digested anthropological text in the backpack.

Walking out of a restaurant is not the issue. Refusal to serve is the issue at hand. There are no legal issues preventing anybody from leaving a restaurant. There are potential legal consequences from refusing to serve somebody based on background, dress, sex, etc.

Edited by SheungWan

On 29/08/2016 at 8:32 AM, stevenl said:

Not 'a bit overboard', plain bigotry.

The women are bigots by openly demonstrating their perverse beliefs in view of the dreadful murders committed by Muslims. They should be ashamed of themselves .  But when has any Muslim known shame. No only blame.