webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, soalbundy said:

who did he insult? what did he write that wasn't true?

How about we go to the start

The person using face book was insulting to a complete stranger for no reason other than her own satisfaction Yes or No  ??

1 minute ago, monkey4u said:

How about we go to the start

The person using face book was insulting to a complete stranger for no reason other than her own satisfaction Yes or No  ??

I was referring to your answer to 'Little Mary Sunshine' #38, it appeared to me you were attacking him/her for making a factual comment. No i don't agree with insulting people using social media if it's uncalled for which in this case it was. I don't even like FB and have never had an account with them, dangerous rubbish as far as i'm concerned

3 hours ago, monkey4u said:

I take it the person who posted the photo and comment on f/b is one of the many brain dead who need to post things like when she had her last crap

Big deal someone bumped into you , take a look at what you were doing, no doubt head buried in your phone

Too bad you were not bumped in front of a train

Call me fat and I laugh at you

Call me an animal and watch me rearrange your thinking and looks

" Call me an animal and watch me rearrange your thinking and looks "

reread what you wrote and try to think just a little.

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

wouldnt be so bad if pics of people that place their shopping bag/s or umbrella on a seat also and deny others from sitting there.  see that regularly on bts and mrt. zero consideration for other people

Pre-Face book people actually spoke to one another,like, ''Excuse me but could you remove your shopping bag from the seat so i can sit down''? Now they are too cowardly and would rather post on Face book.

Just now, soalbundy said:

Pre-Face book people actually spoke to one another,like, ''Excuse me but could you remove your shopping bag from the seat so i can sit down''? Now they are too cowardly and would rather post on Face book.

i have yet to see a thai ask them to remove their bag or umbrella so they can sit. social media is revolutionary.  

4 hours ago, monkey4u said:

I take it the person who posted the photo and comment on f/b is one of the many brain dead who need to post things like when she had her last crap

Big deal someone bumped into you , take a look at what you were doing, no doubt head buried in your phone

Too bad you were not bumped in front of a train

Call me fat and I laugh at you

Call me an animal and watch me rearrange your thinking and looks

but like the rest of us you are an animal, species Homo sapiens.

21 hours ago, CanInBKK said:

Despite possibly agreeing with you, it won't be long before the TV white knights and SJWs are on this thread tearing the Facebook poster a new one.

I agree

Would that Fat animal relate to a Cow perhaps? 

20 hours ago, greenchair said:

I thought if it's true then it didn't break the computer crime act?? 

Try to keep up. It's the "animal" insult which makes this a clear case of defamation. Even "fat" can be considered defamation as it's subjective and what is fat to one person is not to another. The important point is that a comment is made to hurt another person in some way...  

Be very careful if you insult anyone in Thailand. Be doubly careful if you do it online. It's very easy to win a defamation case if people are insulting you online.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Try to keep up. It's the "animal" insult which makes this a clear case of defamation. Even "fat" can be considered defamation as it's subjective and what is fat to one person is not to another. The important point is that a comment is made to hurt another person in some way...  

Be very careful if you insult anyone in Thailand. Be doubly careful if you do it online. It's very easy to win a defamation case if people are insulting you online.

I forgot to make one more point here. The truth of a slander is not necessarily a defense in a civil or criminal case of defamation. It's only a defense if the comment is concerning a matter of public knowledge on public record.

For example, if your sister was mentally handicapped and someone called her a "retard" (or some similar Thai expression) they could end up in jail. If a comment was intended to hurt the victim, then it's defamation. 

In the OP it's a clear case.

Edited by tropo

42 minutes ago, ChoakMyDee said:

There was no need to call her a "fat animal". It was a low class thing to do. I'm very surprised so many people here think it's OK to call her names. She appears to be a nice person too. 

Such a comment could cause severe depression and suicide even...  especially if she is already very sensitive about her weight and she's working hard to slim down.