Current paperwork needed to extend my Non- O

I am retired.

Got the initial visa 11 months ago.

Here is what I believe I need to apply for my extension, along with some questions.

Please add items or addend, and delete.

Completed TM7 (Can I download this, print, and fill out before going?)

Passport

Bank book

Letter from Bank confirming balance and bank statement. (How far in advance can this be done?)

Photo of me- 1 or 2?

Copy of- Passport ID page (1 or 2 copies?)

Passport all previous retirement extensions (1 or 2 copies?)

Passport all previous Visas (1 or 2 copies)

Passport departure card (Do I need a copy?)

Passport notification of residence (paper stamped into passport). 

Bank book ID page (1 or 2 copies?)

Bank book page showing balance (1 or 2 copies?)

///

I have B800,000 in the bank, but would like to offset this with my Social Security statement. Does the statement issued by the US govt. (showing yearly payout) need to be verified by the US Embassy here?

Anything else?

Anything I show here not needed?

TIA,

Charlie

10 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

I got a Non-Imm O in Vientiane, and then extended for reason of retirement.

So you are applying for a new extension.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached,  Download and print 2 sided,  TM7 form PDF  or  MS word document  TM7 form MS word doc 

One copy of the following. attached to form.

Passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, current extension and all other pages  that have something for Thailand on it.

TM6 departure card

Bank book pages. The money will need to be in the bank for 3 months.

Original of bank letter.

Not sure what you mean by " Passport notification of residence (paper stamped into passport)",  You will need some proof of address.

You might need one other photo beside the one on the TM7 form for the personal info form.

You can do an income affidavit at the US embassy to prove your social security income. They will not certify your SS statement. Info and online form to complete and print affidavit is here. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/notaries-public/income-affidavit/  You will need to make an appointment at the embassy to it. Info:  https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/acsappointment/

Copies are cheap , so I take a big envelope of 3 of each , and Farang Tourist / Imm 'helper' helps me to put in order the pages  at Immigration - theres nothing worse than having to go back downstairs for 1 more copy of one page.

Sign the bottom of all photocopies.

Nothing wrong with download and printing TM 7.

You need 1 set of copies of bank book pages.

Photocopy Departure Card.

You'll need 3 photos if also doing any re-entry permit ( well I did at HKT )

I dont know about USA stuff.

Do you already have a form stapled in your passport called 'Receipt of Notification' ?

I do - and it pertained to "proving" where I lived last year ( and still do ) and requires more paperwork.

Check this site 

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/ExtendingStay.pdf

I am about to do same as OP. Same situation. I was under the impression that proof of where you live was only required if you had changed residence from when you previously obtain the 12 month permission of stay based on retirement. Seems I am incorrect. I use CW

Edited by jacksam
spell

1 minute ago, gerrymac said:

Applied for my first extension of my non o visa for retirement at Koh Samui last week, and

even though I had letter from U.K. Embassy showing well in excess of 65,000 baht monthly

income, I had to show a Thai bank book !

Sometimes they like to see evidence of cash movement.

Samui are fussier than most.

14 minutes ago, jacksam said:

I am about to do same as OP. Same situation. I was under the impression that proof of where you live was only required if you had changed residence from when you previously obtain the 12 month permission of stay based on retirement. Seems I am incorrect. I use CW

At CW you will not need proof of residence unless you have changed your address.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

When I needed proof of residence for my drivers license I got it at immigration, so I am assuming I don't need to "again" prove where I live.

Yes"

And thanks for all the other info!

It depends upon where you are applying for the extension. Some offices want proof of residence for every extension.

33 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

I am in Chiang Rai...

Not sure about what they want. It might be best to have it with you when you apply.

I gave you info about getting the income affidavit from the embassy in Bangkok. Since your are in Chiang Rai you would want to get it at the consulate in Chiang Mai. See: https://th.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/chiang-mai/

There is no online form for the affidavit for there. Download it here: https://th.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/07/income-affidavit-chiangmai.pdf  

• Like 1