Thailand’s tallest building officially inaugurated

webfact

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I imagine that these will only be bought by foreigners because, as Thais like to remind us, all Thais are poor. But on a more serious note yes, as others have said, why would you hand over that kind of money to live in Bangkok?

Because you have more than enough of "that kind of money"?

7 hours ago, PythonHouse said:

Anyone else think this looks like Jenga?

You're right - I had not thought of that.

I was thinking that it looked damaged, like it had been in an earthquake.

Whatever it looks like- I think it is butt ugly!

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Just 10 meters higher than the previous highest, the Baiyoke Tower at 304 meters.

(A good reference point when finding your way around from a long distance).

yes. tall buildings become permanent markers for directions.

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Just 10 meters higher than the previous highest, the Baiyoke Tower at 304 meters.

10 meters is 10 meters! It makes a difference!

I would be happy with two more inches. I could be in the movies like John Holmes!

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Boy, there are some miserable buggers on this thread. Looks like a nice building.

Yeah, it's a nice building. Those who bought at close by high-end Sukhothai Residence are probably regretting it. In the front building there is Dean & Deluca, and bespoke shoemaker, and high end tailor. It's a nice place overall, but dizzying. A little too modern off-center cube for me. ;)

11 hours ago, leeneeds said:

62 million too 300 million baht residential 

units,  with that kind of money in my pocket

a more desirable location would be my choice, 

In a more desirable country - for that kind of money. GBP6.0M for any property in Bangkok is ludicrous. 

19 hours ago, aguy30 said:
It looks like a building that has been severely damaged in a Godzilla or a war movie. I would describe it as UGLY.

Those high intensity lights must be really annoying to people living in line of sight of this architectural embarrassment.

Yep, I think it also looks like some sort of building you would see in a transformers movie. Still, look on the bright side they can make a fortune selling Lego toys of the building for decades to come.

one more empty building.

Few years i was talking with a very wealthy russian guy. I asked why he didnt buy a property in Bangkok. He laughed at me.

He told me as soon you leave your property, in Bangkok, you are surrounded by stray dogs and dirty taxi motorbike....

12 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Yeah, it's a nice building. Those who bought at close by high-end Sukhothai Residence are probably regretting it. In the front building there is Dean & Deluca, and bespoke shoemaker, and high end tailor. It's a nice place overall, but dizzying. A little too modern off-center cube for me. ;)

Well, I'm not a condo dwelling type person so I can't appreciate it on that level, but even an idiot can see it is an engineering marvel and has an interesting aesthetic.

Lovely building and great design. Some of the apartments in the cube or pod areas look magnificent. LOL At all the posts criticizing it. I would rather live in the Mahanakhon than Nakhon Nowhere. As far as the price who knows if it will sell well or not? There are plenty of people with that kind of money around though. There is also a lack of ultra luxury apartments in Bangkok. The over hanging rooms and huge balconies are to die for. 

Luckily for the developers they can ignore the negative criticisms of people here. Most wouldn't have bank statements that are sufficient to be allowed into an elevator for a showing. 

If there is going to be something new built in Bangkok why not a very nice building with a modern design as opposed to all of the subpar mediocre 30,000 Baht a month ratholes?  People always complain nothing in Thailand is built right or it lacks luxury. Then when something is built up to the rigorous international standards of a Ritz Carlton project they complain about price.

Don't worry there are plenty of 8,000 Baht a month studios around for those that wouldn't find this project suitable to live in. It is by far the best designed place in the entire city and you can look online for tours of it.

Edited by anotheruser

7 hours ago, anotheruser said:

Lovely building and great design. Some of the apartments in the cube or pod areas look magnificent. LOL At all the posts criticizing it. I would rather live in the Mahanakhon than Nakhon Nowhere. As far as the price who knows if it will sell well or not? There are plenty of people with that kind of money around though. There is also a lack of ultra luxury apartments in Bangkok. The over hanging rooms and huge balconies are to die for. 

Luckily for the developers they can ignore the negative criticisms of people here. Most wouldn't have bank statements that are sufficient to be allowed into an elevator for a showing. 

If there is going to be something new built in Bangkok why not a very nice building with a modern design as opposed to all of the subpar mediocre 30,000 Baht a month ratholes?  People always complain nothing in Thailand is built right or it lacks luxury. Then when something is built up to the rigorous international standards of a Ritz Carlton project they complain about price.

Don't worry there are plenty of 8,000 Baht a month studios around for those that wouldn't find this project suitable to live in. It is by far the best designed place in the entire city and you can look online for tours of it.

I think you are rather missing the point.I'm sure the building will be a great addition to Bangkok but the scepticism being indicated seems to be based on more than envy of those who can afford the prices.The prices indicated seem to be slightly less than London prices but in the same general ballpark.But in Bangkok compared with London there are big question marks of legal ownership, re -saleability,infrastructure and safety (oddly not mentioned in this thread) not to mention political risk. 

The targeted market seems rather vague.Any purchaser would need to understand the development's financing and who exactly is Pace Development.To be fair the Pace Group give a good amount of background on their website though I don't understand how all the units can be available freehold for both Thais and foreigners.Looking at Pace on the SET site the financials are far from encouraging with a long record of losses.This might be OK given the development stage but one would need to know more.The funding role of SCB is a plus.

A Ritz Carlton project makes sense in Singapore or Hongkong but it's reasonable to be sceptical about Bangkok.Still I wish the development well.

Edited by jayboy

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

I think you are rather missing the point.I'm sure the building will be a great addition to Bangkok but the scepticism being indicated seems to be based on more than envy of those who can afford the prices.The prices indicated seem to be slightly less than London prices but in the same general ballpark.But in Bangkok compared with London there are big question marks of legal ownership, re -saleability,infrastructure and safety (oddly not mentioned in this thread) not to mention political risk. 

The targeted market seems rather vague.Any purchaser would need to understand the development's financing and who exactly is Pace Development.To be fair the Pace Group give a good amount of background on their website though I don't understand how all the units can be available freehold for both Thais and foreigners.Looking at Pace on the SET site the financials are far from encouraging with a long record of losses.This might be OK given the development stage but one would need to know more.The funding role of SCB is a plus.

A Ritz Carlton project makes sense in Singapore or Hongkong but it's reasonable to be sceptical about Bangkok.Still I wish the development well.

Not more than 40% can be foreign owned (quota). I would think this development would be the same as any other.

On August 30, 2016 at 10:08 AM, aguy30 said:

It looks like a building that has been severely damaged in a Godzilla or a war movie. I would describe it as UGLY.

It immediately reminded me of something else that is inadvertently exposed/decomposed....

Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.49.47 AM.png