Phuket Immigration

New from Immigration in Phuket, if you want new O Retirement visa or renew the old one, you now must have a picture of you alone (Like marriage people must do) in front of the house you live in and they most see the house  number.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nasa123 said:

New from Immigration in Phuket, if you want new O Retirement visa or renew the old one, you now must have a picture of you alone (Like marriage people must do) in front of the house you live in and they most see the house  number.

Should not affect anyone then, seeing as Immigration does not issue retirement visas and visa are not renewed.

Maybe you meant extensions of stay based on being over 50 ?

• Like 1

I have been yesterday at the Phuket Immigration for information about the annual stay extension permit based a retirement visa, and they asked me this kind of picture (I do not know if 4x6 standard pictures or printed on a A4 paper).

They also recommended me to present all the photocopies of documents (TM card, passport pages, etc.) oriented so the content can be read without turning the paper 90 degrees.........

Federico

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Should not affect anyone then, seeing as Immigration does not issue retirement visas and visa are not renewed.

Maybe you meant extensions of stay based on being over 50 ?

Yes that right.

28 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Why does someone have to post this every time someone talks about a retirement visa? We all know what the terminology should be. 

I think the terminology is important, I have know idea what the OP is talking about. A Visa, that sticker with squiggly lines and the word VISA printed on it, is issued outside Thailand. As far as I know you cant get that sticker with squiggly lines and the word VISA printed on it, issued inside Thailand. That visa allows you to stay for 1 year then get an extension of stay. 

Is the OP is talking about an extension of stay based on not having a visa, converting a tourist visa, a Visa that is issued inside Thailand.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Why does someone have to post this every time someone talks about a retirement visa? We all know what the terminology should be. 

Well I trust that you enjoy making trips every 3 months to Vientiane or Penang for a fresh real genuine McCoy single-entry non-O "retirement" visa then!

Most of the rest of us prefer to make a trip every 12 months to our local immigration office for a fresh extension of stay based on retirement!

Just now, KarenBravo said:

If this is true, then I am going to take the picture in front of the house and I will be pointing at the house number with a frown on my face.

There is another topic with the same info about the photo and at least one post confirming they needed one also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

Because there is no "retirement visa" and in some cases when someone is talking about a visa he could actually mean a visa or he could mean an extension of stay and they are not the same thing.

If we all know what the terminology should be, why can't we use it. Problem solved.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think the terminology is important, I have know idea what the OP is talking about. A Visa, that sticker with squiggly lines and the word VISA printed on it, is issued outside Thailand. As far as I know you cant get that sticker with squiggly lines and the word VISA printed on it, issued inside Thailand. That visa allows you to stay for 1 year then get an extension of stay. 

Is the OP is talking about an extension of stay based on not having a visa, converting a tourist visa, a Visa that is issued inside Thailand.

You are correct except for Thai Elite Visa's which i believe are only issued in country .. but not sure if you can get have one issued outside at a Thai Embassy .. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is another topic with the same info about the photo and at least one post confirming they needed one also.

The other topic is quoting this one isnt it, 

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

There must be some department in the government which has the single purpose which is to make things more difficult for foreigners.

You really can't make this stuff up.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX  <-- Self censored as I know this post will be deleted if I say what I really think about these AxxxxxxS.

As I have written before, when you put all the inconveniences together, Thai gov. does not want foreigners staying here a long time. 2 week holiday and leave.

Even it says at the top of the form for renewing annual visa, "alien temporary stay in the Kingdom."  How much clearer can it be? 

10 hours ago, ukrules said:

There must be some department in the government which has the single purpose which is to make things more difficult for foreigners.

You really can't make this stuff up.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX  <-- Self censored as I know this post will be deleted if I say what I really think about these AxxxxxxS.

But we are "guests" here as some deluded people seem to think.

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Depends on which Immigration Office you attend. They all have their own rules, or terminology.

3 hours ago, koolkarl said:

As I have written before, when you put all the inconveniences together, Thai gov. does not want foreigners staying here a long time. 2 week holiday and leave.

Even it says at the top of the form for renewing annual visa, "alien temporary stay in the Kingdom."  How much clearer can it be? 

If you find it too onerous or simply beyond your comprehension,i suggest you pack your bags.

55 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

No never have you???

Ps visa or extension of stay posters we have the picture now stop self pontificating no points awarded on here.

If you consider using the correct terms to  "express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.", as opposed to removing confusion, then you sir are the fool.

• Like 1